Windows 10 - Have been unable to sync to ulratech servers

I am playing the game on Windows 10. I have had an ongoing issue for some time where on startup the game is unable to sync to the servers for downloadable content and shadows. As such it seems like I can’t buy new content in the store. Kilgore is currently still listed as “Coming Soon,” I can’t see where to even download the currently available Ultimates and I even tried them thinking maybe they were automatically added but no dice. Strangely it has no issues connecting to Shadow Lords and if I connect that way I at least have my player rank, available funds, all of my bought content, etc. But even then the store is not updating and shows Kilgore as “Coming Soon.” It also seems to be unable to connect to the matchmaking servers. I’m not sure if it has to do with my IPS or machine itself since it does connect to Shadow Lords and no other game I own has any connection issues. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, rebooting, resetting the router, etc. Not sure if anyone else has had this issue and gotten it resolved.