Will Kim Wu be Korean?

I assume Kim Wu is Korean, but she doesn’t have typical Korean surnames such as Kim, Lee, Park, Sung, and Choi.

Should Kim Wu be from a specific ethnicity or nationality like Korean, or should she be left generic? Thoughts? Opinions?

Kim Wu is Korean and Chinese mix.

4 Likes

Kim can be born in Korea, BUT her background nationality is part chinese since the dad can be Chinese and the mom can be Korean or something.

1 Like

I think you goofed Red. Her nationality is Korean, nationality refers to ones country of origin. Her ethnicity, asian of course, precisely is Chinese/Korean as we know already :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s what i’m trying to say this whole time lol. :stuck_out_tongue:

As far as the chinese/Korean goes, it’s not official (yet) but there’s a pretty good chance she will be. So ya kinda goofed yourself as well about saying that it’s confirmed (along with some other things) when it isn’t as of yet : P

1 Like

Actually I never said it was confirmed I said " as we know" since that’s the only info we have to go off of whether it’s confirmed or not, so no goof on my part. I knew what you were saying, you just had it mixed up is all.

1 Like

I don’t care which flavor of Asian she is, as long as there’s no k-pop/j-pop involved.

2 Likes

Indeed my friend indeed, at least not the default.

1 Like

Half-Chinese and half-Korean/Half-Korean and half-Chinese according to @TempusChaoti awhile back in the old KI/Iron Galaxy forums

That makes sense. I still think she should be a specially bred and trained Communist superathlete to show superiority over the corrupt corporate-led West. Like how the old Soviet Union and modern Chinese had their Olympians have kids.

Don’t expect any politically motivated characters. The developer doesn’t like controversy.

1 Like

Well, at least I know that Chinese & Korean will be a beautiful mix. :blush:

1 Like

I can absolutely agree 100% on/with that, yes :blush: :relaxed: :yum: :grin:

Since she is of Korean/Chinese decent, I wonder in the game which language will she use, Korean or Chines because most characters speak their native language a la Tekken, Hisako speaks Japanese, and Maya speaks English but with a Brazilian accent, Sadira speaks Thai, and Thunders speak in the langauge of the Nez Perce (I am not sure what that language is called, someone help me please.) I am guessing that if Sabrewulf washuman again he would speak german. With the exception of Sabrewulf, Riptor, and Aganos, some of the cast speak their native languages.

1 Like

I think the Devs did state that she was going to be a Korean Chinese mix. I may be wrong though. But looking at my earlier posts suggests that. If she were to use her native language, I’m sure it would be only for certain moves. Kinda like Jago or Kan-Ra, who says certain things in their native tongue during special moves, but ultimately speaks English.

1 Like

I hope she does speak all In her native language it will give it that anime vibe and english is not needed for her intricate design

Thats why i love the voicework of sadira and hisako
Orchid even seems to have a european accent on some voicework not really sure

Also wondered if her comin thru and take that were references to cammy

I’ll just she speaks in English, Korean & Chinese together!

1 Like

They did indeed say so.

1 Like

Except for Jago, who isn’t actually japanese? Or…?

I thought that Kim Wu had japanese phrases also that she uttered during fights. Okii Faia? Could be wrong, tho. I would prefer her to be japanese in speech.