Why use Jago in the current state of KI?

I picked up Jago initially to get better at my overall fundamental game. I dropped Thunder altogether because I grew tired of everyone complaining about him. I just want to enjoy the game, but adapting with Jago is a bit difficult with he consideration that I’m introducing myself to him competitively in this iteration of s3; with his nerfs & all. Considering that he’s below top 10 now, is there a reason to even attempt working with him ? I’ve talked to some of the more prominent Jago mains via FB, & the general consensus is that “It’s just not worth the effort at the highest level. Everyone is doing much less than him. He’s not as good as everyone makes him out to be.”

I agree he’s not as good as people used to think he was (even back when he didn’t get nerfed), but he’s still a top half character. If it’s not “worth” putting the effort in as Jago then there’s probably 15 other characters that aren’t worth the effort either.

If your primary goal is to win every match you play, then I think you should pick a different character. But if you like Jago’s playstyle and have fun with him, then that’s a good reason to “attempt working with him”. If you play him in a tournament, it probably helps to have a counterpick for some characters but I think he fights a lot of the top tiers 5-5ish (Rash, Mira, Omen) and hangs pretty well with most folks in the tier below top (Thunder, Spinal, etc).

3 Likes

I watched these 2 sets entirely. CrazySkateNate’s Jago is crazy, really inspiring to watch him play. And I don’t have to tell nothing about Devil’s TJ and Bass, everyone knows they are great players too. I’ll leave the explaiment to the experts, but I think if you want to watch a good Jago, or just a interesting set, watch CrazySkateNate.

1 Like