Why does Street fighter V have 8 frames of lag

I see it being complained about all the time. Was it added intentionally by Capcom? Or is it a bug? I’ve not kept up on the reports.

It’s not lag, it’s delay.
Why it has it, I have no idea.

They claimed it was intentional but that doesn’t make it less dumb IMO. Input delay should be minimum. Extra input delay added doesn’t make sense to me.

A legacy controller lowers the delay of the game to around 5.

The game by itself has default 8 frames of input lag. Then you factor in the monitor lag,controller lag,and etc. Can you explain what a legacy controller does to fix this? Thanks.

Just to clarify, I belive USFIV had about 5 frames of lag, so to keep things in perspective, it’s only 3 more frames of lag than normal.

As to the why, supposedly it’s to try and smooth out the differences between offline and online, or at least that’s my understanding. I think other games like MKX and Tekken have also done this in the past, so games doing this isn’t unheard of. I’m not a fan of it, and hopefully they find a way to fix it, but in the meantime, I don’t think it’s game breaking or anything. It changes slightly how the game is played, forcing players to be more read based than reactive based, but the game is the game.

1 Like