Why do some of you think RAAM is an unfinished character?

No idea what you’re talking about, he’s graceful like a ballerina :joy:

2 Likes

he is unfinished doe they said he was in some of his movement looks bug

look in the patchnotes. some charecters still have bugs with them and they have been in the game since S2. if a charecter has bugs that doesnt mean they are unfinished.

1 Like

So far I love raam as a character, flashy ADs don’t mean ■■■■ when compared to his grapples and mix-ups. To me he’s like thunders evil subterranean twin he’s never bothered to look for.

2 Likes

With all due respect - that really doesn’t change my opinion. I still think he’s fun to play.

I don’t really have visual gripes either - but it’s been apparent in prior discussions that I’m an old ■■■■ and I don’t seem to have the same standards for graphics as everyone else.

1 Like

He sure is huge. He unfortunately makes Gargos, Aganos, and Tusk look like little babies.

I’m looking forward to the Keits breakdown though. I feel like there’s a lot to learn about Raam. The one Opener/Linker thing has me a little stumped at the moment, so I feel like I’m just stabbing over and over. Can’t wait to see some tech and some gameplay that really showcases his potential. Love his Instinct, ground stomps, and DoT swarms though.

I’ve only played a couple of games against him, but that charging grab is hype affff. It’s legit intimidating, he takes up so much space if you get caught doing anything but jumping you’re going for a ride.

This is a thing? When’s that happening? I totally want to lay my eyeballs upon it.

supposedly they’re shooting for Thursday.

1 Like

Nice, I’ll watch Twitter. Thanks as always Krizm, you helpful gentleman you!

3 Likes

My only interest in him is his Infinite Ultra I found last night. Ill play him until that is gone, let the SALT BEGIN! Muahahaha!!

They made him great, RAAM was naturally very stiff. He is a true grappler.

Hey. You better post the reactions lol.

1 Like

This.

And I like RAAM a LOT. Finally the badass I was waiting for.

I can definitely see where people are coming with some of the animations looking unfinished.

Backdash animation looks good until about 80%, then he just suddenly goes back to neutral in a very mechanical and unnatural way.

Crouching animation is almost non existent, he simply appears crouched, without even his clothes being animated properly.

s.LP and c.LP look janky and mechanical as hell.

j.HP just looks plain weird, I’ll admit I’m not really sure what they were going for there. He jumps, seems to stretch for a full body slam or something like that, and… hold his dagger near his chest without stabbing or doing anything with it?

Specials look fine, walking and idle look fine, and most his other normals, even if not incredibly fluid, look fine as well.

I can see this getting touched up a bit in coming patches, as has happened with other characters.

Anything other than this, people complaining about only one linker or starter and stuff like that, please make an effort to understand the character archtype RAAM is supposed to represent and integrate, and stop complaining just for the sake of it. He’s supposed to have poor combo potential and be easy to break. His potential for raw dmg off of command grabs and resets is insane by itself.

I can understand people not appreciating his playstyle. Not every character is for everyone. Heavy and slow grapplers certainly aren’t the most used and most appreciated characters, but they certainly have a place in mostly every fighting game out there. KI was yet to get a true grappler, and now RAAM is exactly that. Be happy for the people who finally get to play their favorite archtype in KI.

3 Likes

I think RAAM is awesome, it adds more to the game making KI more open to different gameplay characters, and that doesn’t necessary makes the game lose its natural feeling.

My favourite character visually and the one I enjoy playing the most out of Season 2 & 3. He is a little limited but he’s top notch quality. I love him

Not quite sure if he feels unfinished, but I can see where people can get the idea from. He only has 3 AD animations. Other than that, I think he’s fleshed out. As stated on the stream, he’s not a combo heavy character. He’s pretty straight forward and his animations reflect that as well. His game plan is to play grab mix ups and bully the opponent, not to be flashy.

People complain about how Omen isn’t very"fluid" but people forget he isn’t exactly made of the same stuff as Jago for example and he’s not held together so his movements would be jerky.

If anything RAAM’s sluggish and not so fluidity because as a character he isn’t. He’s suppose to be brutal and ungraceful.

The only thing I don’t like about RAAM or pretty much some of the other guests is that they are guests and not native KI characters. Lol

I’ve been diggin RAAM since I played as him in Gears of War 3 DLC and the way he moves and acts in KI is how I remember him in Gears. He seems fine to me and I’ve been maiming him since his release. Just my opinion.