Why do so many players refuse to take part in forums?

I just hope when S3 comes out, more of an influx of people come to the forums.

Shoutout to @Marbledecker for making the Hisako Jago matchup thread, because I didn’t realize how deep this game truly is. And a character I had no chance in beating, Hisako, I have learned so much, I held my own with a 2 Star playing Hisako. That thread has upped my Jago Tremendously, and I thank you and the community! I hope we continue the trend of Tech threads, because I would love to learn more about KI & go to Tourneys to keep the hype going! I really love this game, and I hope the people get better due to the community being so giving… :smile:

2 Likes

Perhaps the forum should be featured more prominently in the game itself. I know it probably shows up in the meld from time to time, but perhaps an option in the main menu. Many people who play KI who might like to contribute to forum discussion may not be aware an official one even exists. Speaking of… Why aren’t we using killerinstinct.com? Has someone nicked the domain? Wold have thought MS could wrestle it back.

1 Like

Forum is super slow these days … and personally, I’m not too much of a fan of the new layout. Liked the previous one better.

Because of places like TYM. In many cases forums are breeding grounds for nonsense. Not saying this forum is like that, or will be like that, but many people just choose to avoid them for that reason alone.

I liked S2 forums a lot more. More discussion, more people participating. I will give MS credit though, from a technical standpoint this one is much better and is more pleasant to use due to the new forum features.
I guess, many people couldn’t be bothered to transition from the old forum. Sigh, RIP 500 pages of PC port discussion.

2 Likes

The character walkthrough vids by the devs were the best, IMO. I hope these continue before/in season 3. Those clearly show how awesome and deep KI is (nothing like http://forums.ultra-combo.com/t/the-ki-is-too-yolo-debate/1770/17). I would promote the forum in these vids especially after the revamp of ultra-combo.com.

Just a friendly suggestion, maybe having a few videos on youtube based on your great guide will encourage some to join this forum. But I know it’s even more time consuming.

not to mention that I don’t recognize who helped me with these new xbox live IDs/tags. I just don’t recognize anyone, except for a few who kept the same avatar.

Hopefully with time (and maybe some aesthetic improvements for desktop viewers; new forum works fine for mobile interface) the numbers will increase once again. I’ve heard rumors that the S2 forums might make a comeback of sorts, at least for archival purposes, which would be absolutely swell. Curious to see how many of the predictions in the first thread I started here came true.
Happy to see that KI is finally coming to PC. I know that you (“The Comedian”, right?) were one of the loudest voices in favor of that change. Thanks for that :wink: Hopefully the port and Season 3 will invigorate interest in KI discussion again. In the mean time, I’m torn between the pros and cons of having a small, more personal forum experience.

1 Like

I really wish I could do even more with my guide. I think about ways to improve it all the time.

Unfortunately, I’m not getting paid for it and after 9 months of stressing about it almost every day, I just need to take a step back from it for now (especially if I will be doing more characters for S3, I’ll need a nice long break from it in the interim).

yeah, don’t stress it. I hope you can go into hybernation until March :slight_smile:

you guys remember the thread that exploded about the poll asking for feedback on the idea of a pc port?

you remember the kids who desperately tried to argue against it in every single way?
thats why. children like that is why most people dont go to official forums for games. this is the only multiplayer game with an official forums that i go to and it will mostly be for info on characters and the game in general when the port comes out. i dont know of another source of guides and such.

I have only recently became apart of any forum community the beginning of this year. Although I had another account, I never used it actively as much as I use it now.

I remember once I suggested the forums to my girlfriend who has became quite fond of KI. She still practices in the dojo and often I do my best to show her things but, alas, we have no online training mode. I suggested the forums as an alternative for her to communicate with other players who could provide a different perspective on how a character’s tech works. I know the forums aren’t all about a character’s tech but simply opening a new thread about tech can bring forth a lot of involvement.

In the end, it just comes down to time. Those who log on here have the time to drivel away. I get on while, lucky for me I was able to land a job as a work/study in my local college. I tend to do my homework ahead of time so I have the freetime. My girlfriend, who is an artist, just doesn’t have that time as she is constantly moving from project to project.

The “toxicity” I could think of about forums is the sheer number of complaints and believe me, it is staggering. I won’t deny that I tend to complain a lot but there are those who feel they deserve the right to everything.

1 Like

Just for the sake of context, most players don’t post in forums, period. If you look at Killer rank right now, there’s at least 4,000 people playing the game and this forum has only 500 people that have received the “basic” badge. So, if only 1/8th of the playing population is on the forum (actually that’s pretty good) then it’s not a question of people refusing to participate. It’s just that most people don’t post to forums and many players are not “opting in.”

Having buy-in from a few more high level players on the topics of substance would go a long way.

My thoughts also.

There’s also a good chance that they were in the same situation I was until about a year ago; maybe they aren’t opting out, but rather they have no idea that the forum exists.

1 Like

this

if we still were in the DH forums, I guarantee we would be 3x the size of members

It seems as though this thread has bifurcated into two topics; the quality/usefulness of posts, and the volume of forum users.

1 Like

Or at least a part of it.

To be honest. I don’t blame them. I can understand their reason.

I joined the Halo forums sometime after I got into Halo3. You can probably imagine how heavily I regretted it…

Anyways if they need to find some useful tips the character forums are a good place to start.

I suggest that any who are happy with their skill level at the game or certain characters to occasionally browse through the forums and drop some helpful tips on how to play/fight this character

This community started out rough and we do have a few opinionated people here. But considering what KI was like when the game was first announced.

This community has ACTUALLY improved. I’ve been on the forums since the game was first announced. Beleive me, their’s some opiniated people here, but they aren’t half as bad as some oher folks I’d rather not mention.