Why are people so sensitive about Ultras?

XD Keits said that? Lmao!

Yep.

1 Like

Don’t you mean he wished he took out double ultras? Since DH had them during S1 so yeah…just sounds better that way.

Times like this make me glad that they don’t leave it up to one person to make the calls on situations like these.

1 Like

Here’s Keits exact quote just for refrence:

10 Likes

7 Likes

Unless they changed it, you don’t get anymore Xp for a 2 or 3 ultra than just a one ultra. The only exception is fighting TJ. You ultra him, then he gets back up, and you ultra again. That is the only way to get more Xp for the ultras. The 2 and 3x don’t work, because the combo doesn’t actually stop. The game just sees it as one big ultra.

I am not looking for a fight, I just wanted to point the Xp part out.

To me the best part about a 2x or 3x ultra is when. They drop it. :slight_smile: To me it is funny when someone tries to show off and fails.

Sheesh! Big topic, this is.

You get 50xp for a single ultra and 100 for a double. I checked it earlier today before I posted that. I would have confirmed triple as well, but I was having trouble getting Saberwulf’s triple pulled off since I haven’t really tried to do a triple in a while…
Plus I don’t really play Saberwulf much. :?

Edit:…I may have to go back and double-check. Now that I think about it I believe I was trying it out against TJ…

Nice they must have changed it. Unless it it with the recapture. I use instinct for my 2nd ultra, and it never seem to count it as a separate one.

I will have to admit that it has been a long time sense I worried about XP. All of my characters have been at 50 for quite a while. I will have to see if it is the way I my ultras.

I just did it and it did change. Sorry about that.

Love that pic @STORM179 XD

Seriously, @Infilament was compairing a full ultra(which can be +30 seconds watching to an animation that you already saw dozens of times) , with someone which wants to read all the stats post fight and does not press replay as soon as possible.

Maybe nobody had nothing against ultras in old KI because there wasn’t online playing there. So if someone landed an ultra on you, you could always turn left and retaliate XD

Is not the same wasting your brother or one friend’s time, than an uknown person. It’s a matter of being polite. You can teabag if you want, but doing it makes you unpolite and rude.

IMO, if they put Ultimates any time in the game, @developers, please, put these conditions:

-Only supreme victory: You have to be in your first health bar
-Short. Never more than 10 seconds
-And the most important: The ultimate only can be performed from a regular combo, and only if an Ultra hasn’t been performed. So if you do Ultra->Instinct cancel->Ultimate, it doesn’t work. You must perform the Ultimate before an Ultra, otherwise you can’t perform it

Also, bonus change to ultras: After an Ultra, every following hit fills 200% more kv meter than now, and shadow moves fill a fixed amount of 25% of the total KV meter.
Also, make earlier ultra enders give more XP. So if you perform an Ultra ender just after the first hit of the ultra, you get a XP bonus, while if you do it later, you don’t get it. This would boost the use of enders to people who uses ultras to get experience

2 Likes

I know I keep saying this, but I honestly feel a simpler answer to the Ultra saltiness is to limit it to 1 Ultra for ranked and make more than 1 either a toggle or give free reign elsewhere in the game.
That way casuals get to full-on style to their hearts’ content and competitive players get to move on to the next match.

1 Like

The only place I would see any of this as a possibility is ranked. No other modes should have any restrictions. Being as that restricts the entire casual audience too.

I actually don’t really care about Ultras. When I play, I rarely see one of them, and even then, when I lose, I take a break and look at the forums. So sometimes there is people who performs a double ultra on me, and I don’t notice it since I’m not looking XD

Thinking about it, I don’t recall the last time I performed a full Ultra. I always use the ultra ender as soon as possible.

But I see the point about wasting time, and I agree.

1 Like

Most people in here are already saying it, but I’ll add one more to the mix:

“Multiple ultras” is boring and time consuming. It’s simply not a cool-looking way to end a fight. The opponent is still breathing at the end, so it doesn’t have the finality of fatalities or brutalities. They aren’t flashy, so it doesn’t have the spectacle of Street Fighter super finishers. And they don’t require skill, so they aren’t impressive like the rest of the match in KI likely was.

1 Like

You know, it’s easy to say that, but with me being in Killer rank, and I’m sure there are plenty of forum members that can vouch for my skill level…I still have trouble pulling off multiple ultras at times. Like I said in one of my last posts I was trying earlier today to pull off Saberwulf’s triple and kept failing. Now if I did a triple every time I got a chance to, no doubt I could manage it, then again I doubt any player would say otherwise about ANY specialty combo in the game, whether it be a target combo, manuals, maximizing flip-outs and wall-splats, whatever. But that doesn’t mean a triple Ultra doesn’t take skill. Maybe it takes less than you think it should, but it most certainly does take skill to pull off.

Oh, & @SadisticRage76 , I just checked XP gain with Saberwulf against Rash & Fulgore (i.e. not TJ with his last breath) and you get an extra 50 XP for anything over 1 Ultra, whether it’s by recapture or Instinct cancel, but you don’t get anything else over that. So there is incentive to do more than 1, but just not more than 2.

2 Likes

Well, for me, the least appealing thing about Killer Instinct is probably Ultras.
The fact that, after long combos in game, the game itself allow me to finish the match with a long combo is redundant.
But they are here so, we have to deal with it.

The fact that devs allow player to cancel Ultras, into instinct, into recapture, etc… is the real problem.
Don’t allow people to cancel or recapture an Ultra = problem solved.

And I’m even not so sensitive about Ultras but I undestand how pointless they can be when they double-triple-quad-etc…

2 Likes

Not really.

It’s just human nature to complain when you feel someone is not valuing you as a person, no matter how big or small.
Take away the triple and double ultras, and people will still complain about single ultras, or being able to move after a fight, or a 3 second canned ending animation. Whether or not you think those arguments would be frivolous…it really won’t matter. People just want to know that you take them into consideration, that you feel like they are special little snowflakes.

5 Likes

Okay, here’s my 2 cents. I fully understand (at least I like to think so) both sides of the issue. On one side we have the mentality of, “I beat you. My multi-Ultra is my reward.” And on the other end, we have, “Just finish me and end the match, so I can get on with my life.” I’ve been on both ends and can understand the perspectives of them. This is why the ultra-cancel mechanic exists. So one can cement their victory, but simultaneously keep it short. However, you must understand that this function is an option, not a mandate. After all, this is KI. And in KI, we have Ultra combos. If you lose a match and your opponent choose to end their ultra quickly, good for them. It’s courteous and gets both players to their next match all the more quickly. If you lose a match and your opponent does not choose to Ultra cancel, but instead attempts the longest multi-Ultra they can, sorry, but you have to just suck it up. That’s part of KI. Much like getting a fatality performed on you in MK. It will happen. If you don’t like it, I can honestly sympathize with you, and understand that it’s not desirable. But you have to understand that its part of the game. The opponent won the match, what they choose to do at this point is entirely their prerogative. Whether you like it or not, it’s a potential pitfall that you signed up for when you chose to play online.

8 Likes