Which Instinct do you think got changed the most?

Jago got my vote. His instinct behaves drastically different now, and is considerably more potent in terms of both offense and potential life swing. In S1, Jago could kill you with the first hit of his combo, pop instinct and maximize that combo, and then back and forward dash for the in-between round period to get like 30% health back max. Now he gets to fish for cr.MK or overhead, using fireballs to lock you in place to keep fishing for those mixups. and because he builds bar so quickly, every time he touches you you get to eat another shadow fireball for maximum life regen.

Wulf Instinct is almost useless, easily breakable since the cool down won’t let you cancel fast enough, so if you get the linker your will break it and the damage is still low. Also is pretty easy to shadow counter. It’s ok when I want to “bait” something and make it safe (forget about the overheard, they’ll punish that). But I prefer TJ instinct honestly. Even Sadira has her webs to make things safe and the jump cancel seems pretty good. But Wulf? It’s not that great, however I must take advantage of the blockstunt and
throw them? ¬¬ nahhh

PS: I still feel wulf nedeed a nerf, but they’ve gone a little too much. Why the other overheads are faster? (Spinal, Jago , Fulgore for instance). And don’t tell me back-fowrad + LK goes under fireballs, it’s easily punisheable. It’s not that easy playing with Wulf anymore. Ok, I kind of like that part.

I’m not a wolf main so I can’t say how good feral cancels really are.

Fulgore’s overhead in this case has poor range and a rather small hitbox. Spinal’s
probably because his walkspeed is bad. And Jago
well he’s basic.

Plus unlike those characters wulf doesn’t have to commit to the overhead right off the bat. He can choose to run for a while if he so wishes. And those other characters 9/10 cancel from them to make them safe but are more prone to shadow counters on a more regular basis.

Wulf’s overhead also has more range then any of those characters along with being throw and lower body invincible.

Wulf and Spinal. I’m but being a Wulf player I have to vote the dog.

Well, Wulf’s overhead is a live threat from considerably farther out than any of the above, with only Spinal’s having anywhere near that range. He also has the option to instead toss out an unreactable low, or perhaps stop his forward motion altogether with running upper (safe on block, functionally plus if they’re slow on the button afterwards).

Spinal, Wulf & Jago are by far the 3 that have seen the most.

I actually just thought of griefs sadira and his instinct usage. I like his mixups
but I don’t fully understand why he puts webs in DURING combos. The only real reason I can see is to mask his next move because otherwise
it’s just unnecessary scaling.

Running is punisheable. I can react to Wulfs Overhead most of the time but I can’t with Jagos, for instance. Running upercut maybe be safe on block but I can’t hit buttons after it (always counterhit) I can block , true.
I agree with the full screen run + overhead. But depending on your character is not that hard to punish and for a wulf player it’s very risky to just toss out an OH or a back-forward + LK
I agree he has nice buttons, but it’s so easy to break and he lost many things compared to , lets say, Jago.

Anyway, how many Sabrewulf players are you seeying lately?

Funny thing is even with the leaping slash nerf people still complain about it being hard to react to. Guess it’s time for another nerf. Smh.

I don’t see many Wulfs online. Jago’s though
LOL!

1 Like

I see very few Wulf’s. But I also don’t run into much Hisako, Aria, Kan-Ra (the character I run into the least by far), Fulgore, Mira, or Tusk online. There are plenty of characters that I think are pretty or very good, that I don’t see very much.

And yes, Jago is very good. But for whatever reason, I reliably react to his overhead, but not Wulf’s. Pretty sure Jago’s is faster, but I don’t think it’s faster by all that much. The more pertinent concern (for me at least) is that Jago’s overhead at max range is the only credible threat he has - Wulf’s high/low mixup is active so long as he’s within range. If he can overhead you, he can slide into you.

1 Like