Which Character Would be the Best With Infinite Instinct?

He said instinct not meter. You would still need to gain pips.

Arby would be another good one (parry for days plus shields anyone?)

1 Like

I canā€™t believe that I forgot about Eyedol. Iā€™d like to change my voteā€¦ :ballot_box:

I get pips in Instinct;)

Gargos would be a good one too. He could just essentially just activate instinct and use eurption whenever he felt like it. So he would just get free breakers everytime.

1 Like

Yeah I know. 2.5 seconds a pip (plus charge). Without the charge thatā€™s still 25 seconds to get a full 10 pips. By that time you could have lost a bar.

Yep.

3 possible breakers besides the normal one (2 minions and explosion.

But if he explodes, should he be already with stoneskin on?

He would lose access to his quad jump and some other stuff

Can also charge that off a hard knock down I could have it quick:)

Because once he uses eruption he leaves instinct. Itā€™s just like in training mode. Put on infinite instinct use eruption instantly full bar again. rinse and repeat till whenever you feel.

ARIA can do the same. So she can basically just isolate or station whenever she feels like it. So she can instinct cancel things over and over and over and over till she gets bored. Gargos can do the same.

Yeah I know. Hence why I said it.

Lol I donā€™t know I donā€™t see that at first my fault

I know no big deal.

I think people are sleeping on rash. Bikes for days!

Yeah, I know that, thatā€™s not my point.

My point is since this scenario presumes all characters with infinite instinct, cancelling the instinct (Gargos, Aria), should leave them out of instinct but with it avaible inmediatly?

Because this is a huge buff, since they can have infinite screen freezes while activating instinct.

Leave instinct, activate it, leave it, activateā€¦

Too much defensive freezes here. IMO they should go into instinct instantly, without freeze or animation. Just ā€œanother stoneskinā€ under the previous one

Then youā€™re changing the mechanic then. The thread was ā€œwho would the best with infinite instinct?ā€ ARIA and Gargos still have infinite instinct. They can just to choose to activate and deactivate on a whim.

Thatā€™s alot of power. They can basically make any grounded move safe for free. They would be unbeatable and unshadow counterable.

They would essentially break the game.

1 Like

At first I wouldā€™ve probably said Eyedol due to all the tools he has access to, but I think I gotta go with RAAM on this one.

Always having white life draining is huge IMO. It doesnā€™t matter what tools you have. If you get caught by this character in full Instinct, youā€™re pretty much dead.

2 Likes

Yeah, I was talking about this with wholio, you donā€™t really ever hear people talk much about Riptorā€™s instinct but I think itā€™s secretly top tier. Her neutral is basically unstoppable; she can come at you from super far away for throws, her pokes are insanely massive, her mortar hitboxes are like twice as big, buffed hitboxes on jump HP and HKā€¦and on top of all that she gets a beefy damage increase on her flame breath chains, making her one-chance damage very strong.

1 Like

I want to go with Jago with this one.

He is +2 on all of his moves (keep in mind heā€™s plus on a lot of his moves already). Improving his blockstring potential and allows him to briefly ignore manual rules making him more harder to break. Plus he gets infinite double fireballs which he gets health from (and shadow fireball). Not to mention that Jago is the meter king so that means: meter king + double fireballs + improved frames and blockstings = practically infinite meter. Which can be used to gain even more health.

TJā€™s speed would make him so broken with his frame traps and his manuals.

Tusk would be SFxT the character.

Eyedolā€¦well, you know.

Jago would be advantaged on a lot of things not to mention the insane meter gain and health recollection.

ARIA would be hard to damage, as well as having access to all of her bodies.

RAAM wouldnā€™t be terribly overpowered, but his Kryll apply PD constantly, meaning that if you make one mistake, itā€™s over.

1 Like

After some thinking, Iā€™m curious Omen hasnā€™t been mentioned more. Heā€™s got access to extra projectiles, AND those projectiles all lock out the opponentā€™s shadow meter. So this means that, especially with the buff that means his fireballs donā€™t vanish on hit AND the buff that made it last longerā€¦
He could essentially lock down your meter permanently.