Where do I start?

Oh. Yeah, that’d be really good - basically couldn’t throw a fireball anywhere within the start-up frames of an MP kata. If Kim has time mash out MP, your projectile pressure is null.

2 Likes

The day that happens, is the day when Hisako gets projectiles :sob:

1 Like

Didn’t realize until now that using Kim’s dragon ender gives you a slight amount of meter, that’s pretty cool.

Any other ways to build meter with Kim? I’ve never felt so drained before with the Meter King himself. Now it’s like, where’s all my meter? WHERE’S ALL MY METER!?!

dead

Lol. Yeah, Kim’s battery ender now gives a mix of meter buffs (dragon, shadow, health, instinct) depending on ender level.

And yeah, I’m afraid you’ve just been playing Jago too long. Welcome to the world of characters who build meter like normal human beings. And dinosaurs. And rock golems. And werewolves. And…

3 Likes

Wait does this stack or does it vary per level? Like level 1 is a bit or meter, level 2 is a bit of health, so on?

Or is it a combination of all with the higher strength?

I believe it’s an “all the above” for the higher levels, but I could be wrong on that. @TheNinjaOstrich?

It varies per level…

LV1 - Gain a dragon.
LV2 - Gain a dragon and meter.
LV3 - Gain a dragon, meter, and health.
LV4 - Gain a dragon, meter, health and instinct meter.

So if you want to gear your playstyle toward gaining more meter, you can get it off fairly easy to get to LV2 enders.

1 Like

Yeah, it stacks. Basically the post above.

Stay away from Kim
I just saved you months of frustration.

…Man, i really want to, but i shouldn’t…

Dude, just stop beating a dead horse already. We all know you don’t like Kim anymore, that’s cool - move on. You milked the joke enough by now.

I just want to play her to help support my Jago weakness on a casual-competitive level. So far she’s been helpful in improving my patience and allowing me to value the neutral game better.

2 Likes

Some people never learn.

Keep enjoying the game as most of us do @oTigerSpirit :+1:

1 Like

Incorrect.

While I do enjoy the occasional making fun of one of the worst characters in the game, I still think she is one of the more fun characters to play in the game; however I was being sincere in my sentiment towards you. There are plenty of other characters that can help you improve your fundamentals and patience more so than she can and I would recommend Orchid, Sako or Tusk some of which have some of the best buttons in the game and the ability to play patient and control space.

At the same time though it’s also important to realize that every character can have multiple play styles. Orchid can be a whiff punish monster but also a set play monster aka choose which one is better for you. Kim was not for me in the sense that she didn’t reward my play styles as I felt she was more about just throwing random stuff out and hoping that it worked. Between the two Orchid made me feel like I was in control of the match and not the other way around.

If it wasn’t for Orchid I don’t know where I’d be because she truly help me learn to play fighting games at the deepest of levels.

By all means if you’re already interested in Kim and having fun with her I’m not going to stop you. After all video games are about fun and everyone enjoys something different.

2 Likes

So yeah, maybe lead with that next time. ^^

The “Kim Wu MingLee” schtick with literally nothing substantive behind it in every thread, at every mention of the character, is tiresome and unhelpful. You know the character well and have competed with her at high level, so you really do have a useful perspective that can add value where these conversations occur. The MingLee face isn’t it.

4 Likes

Play Kim anyways @oTigerSpirit. if you think she is truly fun, play her. Play whoever you like.

2 Likes

I’m beginning to wonder why I haven’t posted here…

Guess I should start by asking how the Kim training is going?

Great honestly. Granted, I’m not exceptionally brilliant on her execution, I have been having lots of fun using her. I can see why she is considered a lower tiered character considering it is somewhat difficult for her to capitalize on opponents than, lets say Jago would.

Nonetheless I actually consider her apart of my Top 3.

Jago, TJ Combo and Kim.

Kim is fun (albeit not as flashy as combo) in a sense that she makes me change the way I play. I had to relearn my practice with the game because it just doesn’t work with Kim, not to mention that being patient and making the right reads is something I’m not accustomed to. I normally would just play the aggressor or total defense, but I never found the balance until Kim. Being rewarded feels so satisfying with Kim because they feel well-deserved instead of how I would traditionally be rewarded. Jago gets a billion health back with his instinct and stocked meter. Kim can gradually gain it back through lock-outs and her dragon ender, it’s truly satisfying.

In the end, I don’t think I am letting go of Kim anytime soon. I don’t think I will be winning any grand matches with her, but I am having a blast using a character that forced me to learn and understand fundamentals from a different perspective.

3 Likes

YOU DONT BELIEVE :persevere:

If Ret and Bastfree can make people look free playing her, you can too!

1 Like