When the (beep) are we getting a price?

I have never bought KI gold since this game came out, I prefer to earn my unlocks. Still got a surplus of unused gold from the Shago bundle on several accounts. Not going to start spending it now.

No offense but that is dumb logic lol. Win or lose you get XP all the booster does it help get it going a little faster. Buying accessories I would understand but getting double XP? So you must not ever play during XP events because it is not really earning stuff right? All the more power to you though.

Weird, I donā€™t recall mentioning boosters. Must be my dumb logic.

I mentioned it and you have to buy KI Gold in order to get boosters so yeah do with that as you will.

Firstly, you implied that I should spend the excess funds on more gold. I said I already have gold I donā€™t use, so buying more would be pointless. The gold I do have could be used on boosters but Iā€™m not the type of person who wants to buy something that is timed since I donā€™t sit and grind levels for hours on end. It would be a waste, I play KI a few times a day so boosters are useless to me. Iā€™ll hunker down when I have time for a few matches on the double XP weekends but paying for XP time is mostly worthless to me. Hence why my KI gold collects dust and why I have no intention of purchasing more.

I donā€™t want to just ā€œGet boostersā€ as a means of blowing my worthless fictional currency. Iā€™ll admit that I miss read your first reply, I guess after reading ā€œbuy KI goldā€ I kind of tuned out since that is literally the last thing I want to spend money on in this game having already dropped well over $150 on it thus far. When I said I want to earn stuff, I was referring to KI gold in general, I see no point in it for unlocking items since you have to level up to get the ninth colors anyway.

Understandable. As you said you misread what I originally wrote and was just suggesting and use for the extra dollars for since you said they woukd never get used. All good.

1 Like

They havenā€™t announced the price. Why? Who knows, but if I had to hazard a guess itā€™s sitting on the desk of some MS bureaucrat who doesnā€™t sign off on the price of digital downloads until two weeks before release. We will know soon enough.

Iā€™m amazed that the fanbase is so destitute that you absolutely must know the exact price of KI right this minute so you can decide what you are going to spend your change on. You know that there is a VERY good chance that you can get the game with all of its characters for $20. The most they have ever charged is $40 for a deluxe package. So, knowing that the game will, in all likelihood, be somewhere between $20-$40 isnā€™t enough for you to plan your finances for the next 20 days?

Dear, Big Bad Andy

Firstly I just wanted to say thank you for all the time and effort you put into this community.
Your responses are always thought out to be helpful and never condescending.
You encourage people to act in ways that shine a better light on gamers in general.

ok, back to the postā€¦The flip side to ā€œchangeā€ in the couch cushions and in the washing machine, is that could be a lot of coin for people. 20-40 bucks could be diapers or formula for a week. 20-40 bucks is a tank of gas or school clothes for kids.

When I was in my earl 20ā€™s i was broke yo, but broke people are still entitled to treats once in a while.
anways if I were on a tight budget staying home and playing a budget game would be the way to go.

These people are more than likely few and far between, yes. Just as we extend our hand to noobs, so should we do the same during financial hardship and that being allowing these people in these situations to budget accordingly. Ya feel me?

Iā€™m not trying to be cruel to anybody, and Iā€™m sorry if it came across that way. But the unannounced price is really unlikely to be a surprise. I donā€™t know why people are angry and impatient to find out a number that we already know. $20 for all the characters is a terrific bet. You can buy it on March 29th.

oh no way man, u seem like a nice dude. I didnt take it that way and im sure almost no one else did either.

unemployment is 12% where I live. If i were in that statistic and wanted to budget KI, I couldnt.
I know it seems nitpicky but a large majority of people adhere to tight budgets like that.

If I weā€™re all like, ā€œwife can I buy KI SE3 Its not 60 bucksā€, she be all ā€œhow much is itā€? Iā€™d be like, ā€œI dunnoā€ lol :stuck_out_tongue:

I hope for a complete version (s1-3 ultra editions), for ppl like me (pc user). :slight_smile:

that Big bad andy dude above me said KI can run in 4k. Im so jelly dude!

You missed the whole point Andy. First let me say no one is ā€œangryā€ here. I am just honestly curious at what is going on. Never has a game company been so secretive for so long about their game like I said 3 weeks until release. The other two seasons we had a lot more info out at the same time as this but for some reason in S3 we are being put in the dark. Aside from that I do not just want to buy the combi breaker I want the Ultra for all the costumes and retros etc.

The point of this whole thing was so I can budget accordingly. What if the ultra is 40$ that means I cannot get the deluxe version of a game I want because I wouldnā€™t have enough after taxes. Cool I can just stick to the standard or do something else but it woukd have been better if we just got an official price which isnā€™t a big deal is it? Now ask yourself why have the Devs been so quiet about price? We already know we are only getting 3 stages. No classic game as some people are saying so is S3 barebones and they are trying to think of a good price or are we getting some great stuff we do not know yet and it will be more?

I will still purchase regardless but the main thing again 3 weeks away from release and we barely have any info that to me is a weird way to promote a game.

Love me some of that pinball too :sunglasses:

$60 if it was EA

This is a great question. Honestly this is not good. It makes me nervous about the planning of the game.

This is actually not true. Itā€™s not unusual at all for a digital game to not have the price announced until very close to launch. I think KI just lives in a weird space where it is a digital download, but also a major title. So it seems stranger than not knowing, say, the price of Life is Strange.

This is also not true. We know all four characters at launch, we know the three stages we are getting, we have seen the Arbiter stage ultra and they let Keits do an 11 hour stream of the demo build. We know, arguably, a lot more about S3 than we did about S2 at launch. EDIT: Iā€™m pretty sure a lot of us pre-ordered S2 to get early access to TJ when all we knew about the game was TJ and the character art for Maya.

I donā€™t know how to answer the question of whether or not the game is barebones without an old KI arcade game to release with it, but Iā€™m sure they know what the price will be. I also suspect two things may be keeping them quiet on the price - first I meant what I said about the possibility it is sitting on someoneā€™s desk and that their digital release policy says you release the price after certification or some nonsense. I can imagine they have one certification and announcement process for Xbox and another for Win10 and they have to get through both etc. MS is a big organization and there is always bureaucracy (and the devs arenā€™t going to jump on here and say ā€œwe are stuck in bureaucracyā€).

Second, I have a feeling they will announce a S1-3 package that will likely discount S1 and S2, and that would be viewed as a sale. Itā€™s very typical, especially with digital media, for them to not announce sale prices until the sale actually starts so that they donā€™t hurt downloads in the meantime. So, if I had to guess, and itā€™s only a guess, they will tell us the price and reveal that the game is available for pre-purchase at the same time.

On the upside, Iā€™m glad youā€™re not angry. I appreciate that you want to know if you are free to spend the extra $20 or if you need to hold on to it for the Ultra edition. I find it hard to believe that the Ultra will consist of anything other than the game and alternate costumes - since the game has always made all the modes available even for free users of the game. So, I know uncertainty is a pain, and certainly Iā€™ve been wrong before, but you probably have the information you need to know if you want the Ultra. It will likely be $30-$40.

Please donā€™t justify impatience with poverty or a lack of funds for life needs. Considering our family size and my income, we are poor by the legal standard. I have to prioritize life needs against a meager income, and this includes special needs for my son that involve expenses. $40 is a LOT of money in our house. Despite all of that, Iā€™ve set aside what I reasonably expect for KI in a way that doesnā€™t interfere with those needs.

I think the example he was using was geared towards giving your customers time to generate the money.

1 Like

ya man, I think everyday, how lucky and fortunate I am to have the life I have. I try really hard to think about other people and their feelings. Iā€™m not standing up for people who fall on hardships but ask that others at least consider it as a valid concern.

As for my self thinking about the situation. It would be nice to allocate money for KI and actually be over budget. cause then maybe I can grab a beer for a couple bucks and enjoy an evening. better yet get a beer a cheap cigar and sit and gather my thoughts and relax. Weā€™re all human and canā€™t go on like robots for extended periods. but thatā€™s just me.

The fact this is even a conversation is really the saddest part of the OG post.