What's wrong with eclipse?

This is the whole reason I can barely stand wulf anymore. He was my favorite due to his rush down style. He’s also been my favorite since KI gold, but after they ‘balanced’ him I stopped playing. I feel like my favorite character is a shadow of his former self and I can’t find another character I enjoy as much as I did him. While I have done a bit of adapting to his new play style, I simply don’t like it. Oh well.

1 Like

He takes a little adjustment. Check out post from @Skryba, @Tonyathome , @TwoDogKnight, which have offered all great advice for the new changes and how to adjust. Even @cRCupcake a competitive player has lent his advice to us.

Wulf is still powerful. Ive been playing Wulf since S1 Launch and still working on proper dashing and conditioning. Those are his strongest tools. How do I know? I still get burned by these moves by players who know how to use them properly after maining this character for 3 YEARS!!! His overhead nerf? Nah, still effective if used properly.

all his tool are viable, they just cant be abused.

2 Likes

Thanks for the links, I’ll definitely check them out. I went to practice mode with him last night, slowly but surely I’m adapting.

@Toodrunk2combo feel free to send me a exhibition match invite if you see me online

Thanks, I will. I’m mostly online 10:30-11:30 pacific time.

Also check out some of UL Randy Marsh from Bass’ recent Rough Sets/Group Sets videos…

I hate to revive this topic (My necromancy shall be the end of ye :skull:), but Wulf’s Eclipse hitbox has really been grinding my gears as of late.

The hitbox doesn’t line up with where the VFX indicate his claws went. It’s like it hits everywhere except where his claws go. It doesn’t even go above his head!
If it at least covered the space where the his claws went, I’d have no issue. No invincibility and just OK damage in return for a great anti-crossup tool to keep people off of his head. As it is though, there are some characters that occupy that space that eclipse whiffs in perfectly, and it’s really rough.
I don’t claim to be a very good Wulf player. I’ve only recently been getting back into using him. I can live without akuma teleport dash, the damage nerfs, the bad MU’s. I just really wish his Eclipse performed as advertised. :sob:

1 Like

I just really wish his Eclipse performed as advertised. :sob:

Yeah, I agree. So tricky to the eyes :cold_sweat:

For what I see it looks like that’s the heavy or medium eclipse. Long time ago I went to lab to check eclipse’s hitbox just because the same thing (characters not being hit by it even when it seemes they would). And yes, the image is tricky because the “halo” hasn’t got anything to do with the real hitbox.

You have to recognize exaclty where the opponent is and having the eclipse visualization in your mind and react to it. I prefer light eclipse when they are close, mediums sometimes too and heavy when theytake long to jump at furthers distances (I would use crounching HK for that too).

Don’t rely on eclipse as wake up for sure. And don’t trust the halo either =S

I remember a guuy saying Sabrewulf’s eclipse normal was too good and stupid and stopped everything. So I made this video showing how eclipse is not an aa for meaties!

How can you say eclipse was a wake up option?? I knew that but he kept one saying otherwise. The very first time I picked up the game I tought it was invulnerable. But you can’t wake up eclipse when you have them over you. I know you are aware of this. But this video was for a guy discussing that.

My original question about eclipse was because I felt the hitbox was adjusted in some way. But that was a feeling of mine…

I think I’ve thought up a bargaining chip to possibly extend the hit box of eclipse, since we can’t just beg for buffs since he’s a really good character for mixups and big lockouts. His game play and damage are fine, and I think I’ve thought of a way to boost Eclipse’s hitbox without making it unfair.

Take a hit to the damage but give it a better hitbox. About -15 to -25% lets say, in exchange for the hit box lining up with the effects.
Then meterless Eclipse would have a pretty fair balance of utility vs raw power.

Cons:
No invulnerability, Meh Damage, Super Unsafe, Can no longer be used as a free instant cross-up.

Side Note: :arrow_down: HK and Running Uppercut would do/lead to more damage/ juggles, but require more precision and don’t do much against crossups.

Pro:
A big hit box that gives Wulf some AA breathing room, Fwuf’s brain doesn’t hurt from mismatched hurtbox

I think it’s a pretty ok idea.
Note: Shadow Eclipse is fine. It serves it’s purpose perfectly well and I wouldn’t ask to buff it. I’m only ornery about meterless.

But… but… Sadira loves the new Eclipse hitbox. :smiley:

Oh the memories of Sabrewulf’s past… :smiley:

1 Like