What's goin on in KI Community?

What i tried to say is;

“They work hard as many of us, so they dont need to keep using that as argument”

Everybody choose their jobs, nobody is forced to do anything.

If they have worked hard its up to them, we as a consumer dont have any relation with that.

Thanks for the video guys. PS: lol at 42:54 XD.

1 Like

Your taking it out of context and making it seem like a contest between them and us about who works harder. That’s not the context of the discussion. The context is the developers are under attack for not responding to the incessant nagging of a small group of players. The context is “hey they work hard, they don’t deserve this ■■■■.” None of the developers has said they work hard. It’s other people saying they work hard - and it’s not an argument. It’s a statement of detail.

What you are saying (over and over ) is “so what? We all work hard.” And what you need to do is understand that you don’t really know what you’re talking about.

1 Like

Yes, they say.
I saw LIVE.

Had enough of this talk…

Lets stop cry, from both sides.
And wasnt “attack”, people complained, i was in there.

Some guys was right, but twitch chat is the wrong place…

Community isnt “flowers” only.

Lets move on and prepare to watch Ceo tomorrow, is the best we can do!

nostalgia warriors? who are them? jago, cinder, glacius, sabrewulf, thunder, gargos, … ?? all except new entries and guests? no, they are simply ki warriors that must be inserted in a ki reboot to make a ki game. they loose immediatly the definition of “nostalgia warrior” when you put all of them in, as you must do to make a ki game by the way, cause it’s the only sensed thing to do. and leave someone out would be foolish, just for this.

but… if it’s true that they are making the game for themselves… well lol, i will enjoy some video with their matches in their offices, if they will share it… and leave the game on the (virtual and physical) shelf, cause it’s not made for me (if you are saying the truth).

This goes to show that there are many aspects in the KI community that makes it warped, and this is one of them.

Everyone, let’s just get hype for CEO 2016 KI Pools! We got the best Killers in the game, going up to represent, as well as some of our very own Ultra Combo Forums members! Hopefully there will be some upsets. :imp:

2 Likes

I scanned through this thread and the fact is, KI fans are passionate. Passion has tons of positive sides to it, but it also can be negative, especially when the game you are so passionate about changes.

While I don’t like the idea of “Entitlement” attitudes. (dealing with customers like that is beyond horrible), it’s hard not to feel “entitled” when many of us purchased an Xbox One just for KI, have purchased several controllers because of KI, got arcade sticks because of KI. Have scheduled vacation time around KI releases and such… This isn’t even counting those who have spent thousands of dollars traveling, hotels, meals and such to come to events… the list goes on and on.

For many of us, our time playing KI isn’t measured in hours, but days. Before my stupid reset where I lost all of my progress, I had nearly 59 days in play time. That’s crazy!

Several of us have been loyal and dedicated to this game. Whether DH/IG asked us to be or not has nothing to do with it. It was our choice, and so we have a good reason to be passionate.

We love what they’ve created, but we don’t like certain things and that is normal.

Keits gets a lot of flack, and I’ll be the first to say that his replies to me personally, seemed really full of snark like I was some stupid dog that honestly didn’t fully understand the greatness of their decisions. HOWEVER that is also because in many ways we’ve become somewhat like a really weird fighting family. He says it like it is, whether we like it or not.

It is very rare that gamers get so much access to the devs. When I was a kid, devs were mysterious wizards in some magical cave, creating dreams. Now we have access to these people like their right next door. We’ve seen devs work with fans to help other fans (KIFANATIC’s Xbox One as an example) and we’ve seen them cheer up other fans that were down.

In short, we see they are human with all the coolness and flaws we all have.

In the perfect world, everyone would give great feedback in a nice and formal way and dogs and cats would sing together in the street. That isn’t going to happen. Some people are just unhappy citizens and nothing IG says or does will change that. In fact, most of the devs will tell you, that postive and negative feedback and somewhat rudeness comes with the territory.

In short, you love KI… cool… Wanna keep playing KI? You’re gonna have to except the Rash’s with the Miras. It’s life.

2 Likes

…wait, which one’s the bad one?? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Dude, it’s kinda hard to get hype in a thread where people are talking about a big issue in the KI community. :smirk:

They didn’t watch Top 8 then. :smirk:

1 Like

Most of the hate in the thread was from outside haters and Guilty Gear fans. So it wasn’t a big deal.

Nothing says “f*** you haters” like a hype finals.

3 Likes

I usually don’t involve myself in the fgc/pro’s drama, I just play KI. That being said, I think we should just let the devs handle situations like this and continue to play. Why keits keeps buffing/nerfing characters? I don’t know if there’s a secret reason or not, although I think it’s just about balancing the game out. Pros getting angry at such decisions should either adapt or get out, nothing wrong with learning a character and their match-ups again.

I do however disagree with a few things like getting rid of sabrewulf’s backdash and shortening the distance of jago’s shadow wind kick but whatever, I guess it makes sense and I still enjoy those characters regardless. I think this thread should be closed now because there’s no point in continuing this discussion, let the devs handle the pros while we keep playing KI.

2 Likes

What!? Why? I have seen absolutely nothing wrong with him having a backdash (it’s not even that good, as he doesn’t move that far back, especially when compared to that of other characters’ own backdashes). Please explain your reasoning here, as I’m curious to understand your line of thinking.

I don’t see anything wrong either about sabrewulf’s original backdash. Matter of fact I think he should get it back. The devs however have said that they think it’s cheap so that’s why they removed it.

Sabrewulf backed up like half screen. It was basically Shadow Jago but much faster.

It allowed to him to back out of pressure way too easily.

EDIT: Wait we’re getting off topic. We’re talking about the toxicity in the communty, not character changes.

Of coarse. I agree with keits reasoning for shortening it though because sabrewulf is more offense based.

Oh, the OG backdash? I thought he was referring to the current 1!

I think keits a cool guy. Will not cater to cry babies that can’t adapt or attempt to even understand fundamental basic 2d fg stuff , so what? its pointless attempting to explain yourself to someone who cannot think objectively. Most of us that have been with this game since the start before ig even touched the game accepted a long time ago that this is an ever evolving and changing game.

If you cant accept the changes just move on, alot of people have and more have come. the cycle will repeat itself. KI Isnt going anywhere. For every “top player” that leaves another one is born.

Tldr times change and so do people and things, we must adapt or just get left behind. We haven’t made it this long as a species by burying our heads in the sand and opposing new ideas…

3 Likes