What should every Glacius player know to be successful?

Well, Hisako has strange air normals, but Glacius has pretty terrible anti air. A lot of times people can just cross him up after block.

His AAā€™s are just fine so long as you arenā€™t crossing him up. And Hisako actually has an atypical jump arc - itā€™s not quite floaty, but she takes a while to reach her max height. Makes it difficult for her to neutral jump things like puddle punch.

Better than most characters.

Iā€™m not seeing thatā€¦ maybe itā€™s just that everyone is always trying to cross him up. Besides his puddle punch that doesnā€™t leave the ground and can be cleared, heā€™s got hail which has a significant startup and c.HP which is decent but again has a fairly low hitbox.

Really?

Characters with better anti-airs: Jago, Saberwulf, Shago, Sadira, Fulgore, Maya, Riptor, Hisako, Aganos, Cinder, Aria, Kilgore, Arbiter, Shinsako, Gargos, RAAM, and Eyedol.

Not sure we can say better than most of the cast.

How about we not necro post, thanks.

Glacius has 4 anti-air options that are all quite effective if you know which one to use.

Maybe ā€œbetter than most charactersā€ is pushing it, but heā€™s far from lacking. Especially compared to Aria and Arbiter.

I donā€™t know what necro post means.

Either way it doesnā€™t change that 1. You have no authority to tell me what to do here or anywhere else regardless the size of your ego and 2. You completely side-stepped what was actually said.

I didnā€™t say his AAs werenā€™t effective in the right situations. Iā€™m saying it is disingenuous to say his are better than most of the cast. Ariaā€™s blade assist, jumping MK, and jumping HK are better overall in effectiveness and versatility. Iā€™ll concede the point on Arbiter.

Also, Glacius has 6 anti-air options.

It means posting on a thread that ended a long time ago. This thread is about a month and a half old, which isnā€™t that bad, but still.

Iā€™mā€¦sorry?[quote=ā€œZcythe, post:27, topic:20754ā€]
Iā€™m saying it is disingenuous to say his are better than most of the cast.
[/quote]

Pretty sure I addressed that here:

Iā€™m going to let this thread RIP now. If we want to talk about Glacius, thereā€™s a thread about him currently progressing.

Iā€™ll post if I want. Get over yourself.

Yeah, you conveniently went back and edited your response. So I went back and edited mine in kind.

Apology exceptedā€¦if you mean it.

Accepted*

Thanks. It was late, lol.

1 Like

What should Glacius mains do? Not jump kicking every chance they get. It makes them predictable. Also, on Instinct, stop limiting themselves to just the Instinct puddle punch from the opposite side. Glacius moves faster in a puddle anywhere during Instinct. I like to travel towards my opponent in a puddle, opponent will always expect itā€™s a puddle punch and block then throw, but I surprise the person by not making it a puddle punch and pausing the game to use the bathroom. Because we should be able to pause online matches. Or I unpuddle myself and hit them with unblockable moves.

Just free style with him.