What is going on? (the current state of ki community)

The reason people don’t care now like they did for S1 and S2 is because the full KI cast is here now. During S1 is was considered brand new game. During S2 people were wondering and excited about what Orginal KI characters would make S2. Also people were excited about the new cast members that were being brought into KI. Now we have one character left, and have been told they have out grown the seasonal model. I think IG stretching out 3 characters over 6 months is a little much. Some players are just getting ready to jump ship when the new Injustice 2 game drops, or the new Marvel game. Other people might just be burned out on the game.

Looks like LCD announced last night he has quit…finally.

Its on his Twitter… not a big speech, just a quick post.

2 Likes

*Shrug *

C’est la Vie.

4 Likes

Agreed…just spreading the facts is all.

Ill never quit KI, EVER… I can only get better, each and every day.

I’ll at least give him props for not making a farewell speech.

5 Likes

Agreed…and even that he was responding to someone…I think?
I knew it was coming… he has taken a lot of heat from the FGC. And not placing in any event for 2 years after his top 8 at EVO… has to be discouraging IMO
My thing though is if you aren’t a Pro player…just a casual that’s really good and makes appearances at a few competitions…why the need to quit? Why not just remain what you are but tone it down a bit on the social side?

If any of these players think they are going to go to Injustice and have great success VS the MKX Pros…IM sorry but those guys are gonna have Injustice wrapped up! Its not impossible, but highly unlikely.

@SonicDolphin117 If you’re referring to me well I had to explain different things in my “farewell speech” because I really like KI and enjoy talking with forum members. It means a lot to me.

P.S. I added LCD in the second quote to avoid confusion.

1 Like

I am sure your I quit speach was life changing for everyone on the fourm. :unamused: I am sure your one fan will be heart broken. There is only 2 reasons that people stop playing a game. They either don’t like a change that was/wasn’t done, or are burned out, and are just tired of playing.

I’m referring to a lot of people. If a farewell speech is made because you like the community and want to say bye to a few friends, that’s fine.

EDIT: Not sure what I mean? Just check out this thread and have fun: I Quit KI!

1 Like

Not really quitting as I might return, more like taking a break. I’ve had many fans over the years and my absence in KI doesn’t affect them. Don’t be a jerk, I mean no harm.

Thanks.

People come and go. We used to have CDJr, Jwong, Rog in season 1, they left and we got Nicky, LCD, Bass, Rebelo, PinkDiamond and many more. Now some of them are leaving and we’re getting people like Kevbones, Hologram, Thompson, Sleep, Wheels and more. The cycle will continue, and we’ll move along with it.

8 Likes

Don’t forget @STORM179

8 Likes

I don’t have a lot more to contribute to this thread, but I just want to state something obvious that you all already know. KI is a great game - but whether or not SFV is a great game doesn’t matter at all to a discussion of why KI is a great game. While it’s true that many high level players need to focus on a single game at any given time in order to be the best player they can be, for most of us there are tons of fighting games and we should be happy to play them all. I built a gaming PC at least in part because I wanted to have the opportunity to play SFV (there were lots of other reasons - including that I wanted to see if I could get back into the PC scene, so don’t anybody go nuts about that). I bought the game and there is a lot to like about it. I think it continues to get better as they add characters, although I find the balance adjustments very questionable.

But the point is, none of that affects my view of KI. I love KI. It’s a great game and I have a ton of fun with it. For me, KI is a game I will keep coming back to and I’m very grateful to the motivated forum folks who do stuff like set up tournaments that keep me motivated to stay current (well, as current as I ever am) with the game. I know it seems like the different games are competing for a small, niche FGC, but that’s a distortion of reality. The pie is HUGE, and the trick is to try to bring in new people to the FGC, regardless of what game they play. At some point, a percentage of those people will pick up KI.

A bit of a ramble, but there is so much balkanization in the FGC with people mindlessly slamming games they don’t play. It’s irrelevant. KI can be awesome even if SFV is awesome. Personally, I am rooting for all the games (even the ones I don’t play much like MKX and Guilty Gear or KoF) to be hugely successful and draw big crowds. Because this increases the chances of seeing new games that might really appeal to me. Without SF IV it’s very difficult to imagine this KI coming into existence. So just remember that we don’t need to “defend” the game or to slam other games to try to improve the KI scene.

4 Likes

the KI community is wonderful, just make sure to not be like those jerks on the facebook group full of immaturity and disdain for helping out our rookies, or people frustrated at something

3 Likes

The games been about for near 4 years, nothing can or will stay the same. People will come and go. I used to play the game every day but I’ve hardly touched Kilgore or shin. Not thru no fault of their own( well maybe a bit of its because they’re remix and i can’t shake it).
Other games and life does tend to get more attention ESP if the game hasn’t really changed.
Now it’s evolved over time, for better and for worse and that’s one of the reasons for the change in pros.
Sure I’ll buy s4 and colour packs but the whole ultimate farce left a bad taste in my mouth and I’m not as invested as i once was. I don’t blame IG, they do what they can with what they’re given.

Once injustice comes out KI will be put on the back burner but i’ll never leave. Tho can’t say ill miss most of the out going pros. It seems cause they can’t get their own way, they pout and leave.

2 Likes

well i look at it this way. once you get a taste of success, and constantly, it is really difficult to bounce back when you start losing. i know this from personal experience, and while off topic to where i experienced this, the point im trying to make isnt. i used to run alot of time attacks at the track. i went from consistently making top 10, even top 3 at times, to suddenly getting 2nd to last place cuz ■■■■ happens. the bitter taste of defeat is really nasty, and it lingers with you for a time. thats cuz there was no money involved in these events.

i dont blame the pros for wanting to leave for whatever reason, bouncing back from getting blown up is really difficult. it takes a serious gut check to see why you lost and put your pride away for a bit. some guys can do it, some guys just cant after flying too close to the sun. thats how it goes man

1 Like

THIS RIGHT HERE!!! ^^^^^^^

Its hard to bounce back from loosing after placing top 8 at EVO or winning for 2 years straight. The pressure to place, make money, make OTHERS MONEY can be hard to deal with if you all of a sudden start consistently NOT placing.
Pride can be an issue, EMBARRASSMENT, your peers busting your balls but in a truthful way.
I know if it were me i would have trouble dealing with it. lol

but when you do bounce back, oh is it glorious! at least it was for me…and pricey. lmao, see that raging inferno in the distance? thats my bank account for the past year after my redemption.

but also @FallofSeraphs76 makes more valid points as to why the pros are vacating. pressure. money. all that adds up

1 Like

I mean, I play a lot of Overwatch and recently nailed the RInged City DLC for Dark Souls 3, which is pretty good if any of you were wondering.
Dark Souls has always been a game that I could go back to play through again and with the release of the final content for the series I think I will probably start from Dark Souls 1 and play through the entire series which will take quite some time; considering I want to play through without using weapons that are good but just cool. Plus the PvP for Dark Souls 3 is my favorite considering it’s very easy to re-spec your character and play a new way.

UMVC3 is a game that I have always had on my radar and now that it has finally released on XBOXONE and is praised for the upgrade to netcode, ill be picking it up and hopefully running with it.
So there are definitely games that fill roles that other games couldn’t.

Here lies the answer to all these type of threads… just copy and paste