What is each characters most important special move?

just a fun little topic. Fell free to disagree and put in your own.
Jago: Laser sword
Wulf: Run-follow ups
Glacius: Hail
Thunder: samammish
Sadira: widows bite
Orchid: Ichi-ni-san
Spinal: Searing skull
Fulgure: eye laser
Shago: Dive kick
TJ: powerline
Maya: dagger toss
Kan Ra: swarm
Riptor: tail flip
Omen: rashokuken
Aganos: Ruin
Hisako: Influence
Cinder: trailblazer
Aria: shotgun blitz
Rash: wrecking ball
Arbiter: prophets bane
Kim: Dragon dance
Tusk: spirit step
Mira: blood seekers
Gargos: minion summon (shadow move)
RAAM: dominance
Eyedol: whatever the double hit in warrior head is called (something with “crushing” I;m sure)
Kilgore: exhaust cancel (shadow move)
Shin Hisako: rekka (just because it cancels into every other special)

4 Likes

On tusk, you are correct. I disagree with rash. That’s gonna be juggles with super easy flip out and recap tech, tongue, etc. His st. Hk is super important too. That character is wild.

I’d argue Jago’s most important special is Endokuken. Can be charged enough to dominate most projectiles outside of shadow, dash canceled, used as a block string, pressure, zoning, spacing, bait, etc.

Love Laser Sword, but like traditional shoto history will suggest, nothing compares to a hadoken. I would also even consider Tiger Fury higher up there or even tied. Nothing beats a calculated DP to stop pressure, anti-air or stuff people who push buttons.

I guess I’d say it’s a tie between Endokuken/Tiger Fury. If I had to choose one or the other I’d pick Endokuken just because it’s far less riskier than a DP.

1 Like

Air buster and shadow airbuster into custom air recapture is much more viable than ichi in san IMO

nothing beats an awesome DP

ARIA’s most important special move is Bass assist imo. Shotgun Blitz is probably second place but Bass assist is great for pressure and mixups, even great for rushdown and moving in if you can get a flow going.

All of them, because all of them are important situationally. What’s important for one situation may not be good elsewhere.

1 Like

To a degree, this is certain. But each character was built around a fundamental move or move set that is (usually) unique to them. You’re not just winging it with reactions. You’re looking to get yours and going for setups using your best character trait, which can be attributed to a specific move or set of moves that are harmonious by design.

Not sure if this would count as a special move but for omen I’d say turbulence would be his best but if not that then rashakukens all day.

I’d say Shisakos orb is more important than rekka. The rekka mix ups aren’t that good, just block high and wait for reactable cross up.

i agree, i’d say it’s a little more important than wrecking ball. wrecking ball has very specific uses whereas tongue can be used for versatility, starting combos and forming mix-ups. i usually look out for tongue more than ball when i fight rash players. (ARIA bass OR blade assist plus an anti-air normal is enough to stuff the armor and punish, and most rash players that abuse wrecking ball do so specifically for the extra hit of armor)

Jago: endokuken
Wulf: Run-follow ups
Glacius: Hail
Thunder: CotE
Sadira: air projectiles
Orchid: ichi ni san
Spinal: Searing skull
Fulgure: eye laser
Shago: Dive kick
TJ: powerline
Maya: dagger toss
Kan Ra: swarm
Riptor: mortar/BF p (not sure)
Omen: rashakuken
Aganos: hard choice: ruin/wall/payload assault
Hisako: Influence
Cinder: trailblazer
Aria: assists. If they are not considered, qcf k
Rash: wicked tongue
Arbiter: grenade
Kim: Dragon kick
Tusk: spirit step
Mira: blood seekers
Gargos: devil divide
RAAM: dominance
Eyedol: each pip build attack (teleport and command grab)
Kilgore: Dp
Shin Hisako: orb

1 Like

Come on @Dayv0 , how can Aganos’s most important move be anything other than b.HP? A Golem needs his chunks. :wink:

I agree with you and @Crainiak24 that Glacius’s most important move is hail. Which is pretty incredible when you think about it. Glacius has a fantastic quick and far traveling horizontal move (cold shoulder) that is hard to punish, a true invincible reversal plus decent but vulnerable uppercuts that can start combos, and a ranged unblockable. But his most important move is a slow, awkward projectile that does no damage and is nearly useless on offense. And I don’t think anyone would argue against it.

Hail is critical for Glacius because without it he is super vulnerable and also incredibly predictable. It allows him to control space and he absolutely must limit his opponent’s ability to approach him if he’s going to be effective. Is a character has good tools to deal with hail it’s a bad matchup for Glacius and if a character has a hard time with hail then it’s a good matchup for Glacius. And the move probably accounts for less than 5% of his damage total - usually way less. It’s pretty amazing to think about and almost singlehandedly puts to bed the idea that KI is a yolo game…

All this time I thought it was Called SPIRIT RUSH.

I am living a lie.

Proceeds to burn arms and legs off

1 Like

Actually, that’s a command normal xD

Some attacks I listed could be considered normals instead of specials, but heh

Also, albeit re-chunk is important, it’s totally irrelevant in some MUs, leaving payload assault ender and Peacemakers during instinct as only way to rechunk

1 Like

As someone who mains Shago I have do disagree with Dive kick being his most important move.

His most important move is Gatekeeper, his forward boot move known for being teleport cancelable. Im not saying Dive kick isnt important, only that Gatekeeper is more important.

The Command Normal Gatekeeper lets him start his offense while all his other special moves including Divekick rely on his opponent making mistakes.

A good Shago will be trying to land Gatekeeper into bullshit on reaction be it on blocked or on hit. This is the key to a good Shago.

Most important SPECIAL MOVE, not command normal.

fireball. Like i said before, all his other specials rely on opponents making mistakes. His Fireball game is one of the most convoluted, letting him fireball in the air and as soon as he lands and letting him surge and do a meter version.