What happened to wallpapers of Retro Costumes?

Case of “durrrrrrrr” syndrome I guess.

2 Likes

Who knew, turning into a werewolf kills off dozens of brain cells.

(Sabrewulf crashes into wall)

“Okay, that was unexpected… also BACK! BACK I SAID! Don’t make me get the vacuum!”

1 Like

I’ve seen a few. Cinder has one as one of the Season 2 story backgrounds and TJ had one for an old Double XP add for 4th of July at the time.

2 Likes

They had to retroactively instil a '90s feel to Sadira’s base retro and I agree that it’s not great. But her "Rosie the riveter " retro accessory set is among the coolest in the game - and I don’t even like Sadira.

2 Likes

Tank Girl and the chick from “You Can Do It” posters was a really nice touch.

Much like with the Eyedol photo shared previously, those are pretty close to what the retro wallpapers would’ve been.

I just bumped this and actually want this to be a thing.

3 Likes

Considering Eagle is getting a Retro Costume sometime soon, it would be fitting if Iron Galaxy were to reunite the concept as the post Season 3 DLC begins to wrap itself up. (I mean better late than never, eh?)

Heck, even Thunder’s Nez Perce skin got it’s own Hero Art, so why can’t all the alternates?

then there’s also Shadow Jago, who somehow smuggled two onto his profile.

But if I recall correctly, all 8 of the Retro Wallpapers from Season 1 were out since mid 2014 or so. 3 years later, that’s all she wrote, minus a few acceptations unrelated to the Retro costumes of course, but even after the Definitive Edition, and now into later DLC, still makes me curious to why they discontinued them so early on.

Unless Double Helix had something to do with it in some regard, since they were technically the original makers of Season 1. They got me there I suppose.

1 Like

I do believe that was the case.

Any chance of Mira, eyedol, rash and fulgore getting normal hero art like the rest of the cast?

I still wish they’d put that Shago hero art in the game.