What does Eyedol's instinct do?

I know Eyedol didn’t return in S3, but there many thread about Eyeful’s new design, moves, height and etc. But I wonder what about Eyedol’s instinct?.. When Eyedol use instinct, then he become faster, highest damages or what? :confused:

Eyedol’s combat trait and playstyle would be a “stance” character so each head had a distinct playstyle with its own moves and passive abilities. His instinct would allow him to use aspects of both stances at the same time, allowing him to have twice the tools at once that you normally have to choose between.

I had a huge write-up about Eyedol’s possible playstyle on the old forums, saying that one head would have been focused on defense and deflection of projectiles and the other would have been more focused on offense and rushdown tactics. I even said that his attack stance might sacrifice the ability to block in favor of armor and offensive tools. Seems Gagos wound up taking up that mantle with his instinct armor.

1 Like

He splits into to demons both mirror each other on the opposite side of the screen.

He throws himself into the lava.

3 Likes

Why are you so damn mean XD

It’s a fictional character, he doesn’t have feelings. XD

3 Likes

His fans do… I mean there’s probably more completionists than fans but still.

1 Like

His club extends to unreasonable height.

1 Like

I can’t be held responsible if some fans feel personally offended by my criticism of a fictional character.

2 Likes

I agree with you and this Jif

2 Likes

When he activates instinct his health starts draining but in exchange his sweep is 1 frame safer on whiff.

He grows a third head.

I imagine if he does come back, a throwback to his old awful self would be a fitting instinct. Using the HP+HK input most other characters use to activate special instinct bollucks, he could gain access to his Health Regain Stomp. Granted, it leaves him wide open with a lengthy animation with heavy start up/recovery. Would need to be very set up heavy. He’d need a hard knockdown and active instinct, but it’d be a good swing in power.

Otherwise, if he’s a stance based character with different situational movesets (kinda like ARIA without assists) he could gain access to both stance’s properties for the duration of instinct.

While he won’t be able to fill the “uber scary boss” role anymore (and he really shouldn’t, since new Gargos does that too well) if/when he comes back, but he’s the last missing puzzle piece to bring the whole family together again! With the awesome work the team have done reimagining some of the classic characters into creative and mighty new forms, I’d love to see what could be done to bring this classic onto the modern age!

1 Like