What do you guys do when life doesn't go so well?

For example, what cheers you up, what makes you feel better etc?

1 Like

Why do you ask out of curiosity? Everything okay with you?

1 Like

Out of curiosity also, but maybe also for tips. Let’s just say life is not easy for me right now. But how about you, how are you?

1 Like

Ah, I see. Thank you for clarifying, and I’m sorry to hear the news.

I’m alright, all things considering. Just finished working on a one-shot “Time Crisis” story featuring Wild Dog and Wild Fang, and right now I’m working on another story based on “3D Monster Maze”.

In terms of what I do when life doesn’t go well, sometimes I tend to isolate myself, maybe distract myself with different things like listening to music, watching a video, reading a book, taking my dog for a walk, etc. Sometimes I draw or write - creativity can help deal with things.
Sometimes I have to look inward and think about what went wrong and how I could have done better. I suppose meditation and exercise would help. Never tried it myself, but I have heard some things.
Laughter is also good for the soul as well, and reading Deadpool comics can help alleviate some of that sadness, even though Deadpool as a character can be quite sad himself. In some ways, I see much inspiration to be drawn from his character; even though he can be reprehensible at times, when he is at his best, he can outshine every hero within Marvel. He is a survivor, and there’s much to admire about that.

More importantly, though, I try to keep a sense of proportion about things - sure, sometimes one can be depressed when things don’t turn out as one hoped, but then I think about the things that I do have, especially compared to those who are not so fortunate in life. For myself, I give myself some time to think. If something needs to be changed, then what do I need to change so that I’m not just repeating the cycle? After all, insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.
Once I have considered my options, and when things seem a little less dim, I just move forward and hope for the best. It’s fine to feel sad every once in a while, but always remember - it’s just one misstep in the road. Life can be an adventure, if not a race, filled with as many opportunities as it does dangers. Every step forward will have its highs and lows, and there will be plenty of time and opportunity to recover. Regardless of how bleak things may seem, it does not have to be that way. As long as you have people that care about and believe in you, as long as you have the strength and courage to pick yourself up and continue forward, and as long as you recognize that every failure isn’t a dead end, regardless of whatever obstacles you encounter, you can and will overcome and succeed. Dante himself had traversed the nine circles of hell, and he was able to find his way out, and I have faith that you can too.
No matter how bad things may seem, never forget to smile and laugh every once in a while.
And if you need help with that, Owlkitty and Deadpool are good ways to start:

Deadpool Dead Presidents Full | Read Deadpool Dead Presidents Full comic online in high quality. Read Full Comic online for free - Read comics online in high quality .| READ COMIC ONLINE (read-comic.com)

I hope things get better for you. :slight_smile:

I just power through it. Like I’am now, but if you want to express your gradiences through a PM or something go ahead.

1 Like

Ah, you wrote new fanfiction story? (I’m still reading that story about Sabrewulf, but im still unfinished. I think it was brilliant from you to use German words in his story, he’s german after all)

Thanks for tips and above all, your words actually helped me little bit. They are true, even it feels like nothing goes well and things aren’t getting better right now.
Haha those videos were great btw :smiley:

Thank you :heart: I hope you are allright also :pray:

2 Likes

How are you actually doing btw? I know you had really hard times, are you better now?
Oh, I have so many problems right now. Are you sure you wanna hear random girl’s whining? :smiley:

Thank you for answers fellow KI fans, I really appreciate it.

1 Like

Yep. Sometimes I get ideas for stories at the back of my mind whenever I see a given character or scenario, and said-ideas would bug me for a really, really long time before finally prompting me to write the darn thing up. Some ideas work, some don’t. A bit of a crapshoot admittedly.
I’m glad you liked that. :smiley: I wanted to be true to the character as much as possible, and since Sabrewulf was from Germany, it made sense to tap into that to an extent. I hope you’re liking it so far. :slight_smile:

My pleasure! :smiley: Sometimes it helps talking to someone, and if anything, a person needs to know somebody is in their corner every once in a while. It can be lonely, but the cool thing about this community is that there are cool people to talk to and who are really supportive and encouraging. Things may seem dark at the moment for you, but know that it will eventually pass. Nothing is truly hopeless - you just need time, patience, and most of all, support, which this community is more than capable of giving. You are not alone, and I hope you get better. If you ever want to talk, you’re always welcome to PM me anytime, okay?

You can never go wrong with Owlkitty lol XD

I’m managing. Its slow but managing. But yeah everyone has problems

1 Like

You seem have good ideas with your stories :slight_smile: It’s good if you really enjoy writing these and I guess people like your stories. Yeah, that Sabrewulf one, I have enjoyed it so far, you really are true for character. :+1:

Thank you, I really appreciate that. I really had no idea that people here would be so supportive when I decided to ask tips from there. That really feels good.
Im asking you the same thing than from reptile, are you sure you wanna hear random girl’s whining? :smiley: Sorry, I’m just really insecure with people.
And same goes with me, you guys are welcome to PM for me too. Or also to my thread which I made here. :pray:

I still feel sorry for you. Yeah, everyone has problems, but you sure had hard times. I’m answering this to you also, you guys can PM for me if you wanna talk. I might sometimes be busy, but I respond when I have time.

1 Like

I talk to people I trust and don’t post any of my problems on these forums social media since I got deleted Instagram and Facebook from my personal phone.

Granted, most of us are actually pretty friendly, however, what you post on the internet, more than likely will stay there. Forever.

3 Likes

I’m glad you think so! :smiley:

No prob! :smiley:

Hey, it’s no trouble at all. Sometimes a person just needs to have somebody to talk to. Nothing wrong with that at all. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, talking usually helps. Good if you have people who you can trust. I myself am just really insecure sometimes even with friends and there’s only few I really trust.

Yeah, I have notices also that people here are very friendly and supportive and it feels good. But of course you are right. I wouldn’t share anything on internet of course, and I actually don’t have social medias also. (Exept if this forum and Steam counts as social medias)? :smiley:

1 Like

One way to also do when life gets me down is that I can say without a doubt is I’ve been through worse. that also helps.

Yes this year for me is already the worst one, but I’m just getting through it one step at a time.

Do you wanna talk about it?

Watch One Piece!

1 Like

Oh, I watched it with my ex. :smiley: It was not my thing, but if you like it and if it cheers you up, then I’m happy for you :smiley:

1 Like

Fair enough!

Have you tried watching the live-action version of One Piece on Netflix?

I finished the series yesterday and thought that it was much better than the anime :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

I haven’t. Oh there’s live-action version also?

Nice to hear :slight_smile: