Was I the only one not feeling most of the new KI character choices in the poll?

No, me and horror do not mix. I haven’t watched a lot of stuff like the Exorcist, Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, Poltergeist, or a lot of those old traditional movies like that.

Most of the horror (and now I use that term loosely) is really modern stuff. Haunting in Connecticut, Paranormal Activity series, the tame by today’s standards stuff. I can’t do old school horror. Oddly enough though I do love watching some of the old Evil Dead movies, particularly Army of Darkness, which if I didn’t know any better from the developer’s notes and history of KI, I’d swear some of Spinal’s inspiration came from that movie instead of Jason and the Argonauts. I do find Bruce Campbell is really good no matter the role.

This kinda says it best for me.

Not sure I agree with this one though.

I liked most of the new ideas except for the guests, I also wasn’t too excited about the archer or Shorchid.

Wendigo
Lovecraftian
Djinn

I loved though. I hope we see them become characters one day.

The Halo Brute is a big white Ape/Rhino animal. That would fit so well in KI imo. I can’t say i was disappointed. I didn’t like seeing Shadow characters on there. But the concepts are just concepts. Magical Archer, that could be great, could be corny. I don’t know if I’ll want it till i see it, know what i mean? There were other things that just plain confused me. The TJ Sharkman and Brocoli Man stuff were parts I just didn’t understand.

I do agree about not wanting a roster with 40 characters in it. I’d like another 6-8 tho.

I actually liked the Djinn (Genie) idea, as well as the sharkman. And the lovecraftian was interesting cuz that could go in so many different directions (not just cthulu). But other than that, wasn’t really feeling the rest

The fairy fighter could be a female fighter with an attractive/appealing design with some cool butterfly wings. A mischievous personality would also add a lot to her character. I just think it would be a nice change of pace from the badass, action, and horror female fighters that we have seen in Killer Instinct thus far. I am willing to bet that it would draw in a lot of new fighting fans who play for the beauties that so many other fighters have.