Vote KI for EVO Here

Actually there doesn’t seem to be a processing fee at all. In fact, they actually state that your full donation goes to your cause. They do ask if you want to donate to keep their site running but that is completely optional. Just choose $0 for that. Let me or anyone else know if you need any help donating! Let’s make this happen!

5 Likes

I wouldn’t worry about Pokken TBH. They’re going for the sprint.

Haha no we won’t Storm is 100% correct about how that community works when a new game Drops. Injustice killed MK9, and MKX killed Injustice and now Injustice 2 will kill MKX. The donations for MKX in this drive are pretty clear indicators for that.

1 Like

Remember when we raised $100,000 in 3 days?

We have a chance.

7 Likes

^^^^ this times 100,000

good point, we just need that hype…

1 Like

We need hype, Microsoft release the Ultimate trailer, and add at the end donate to get ki into Evo 2017.

4 Likes

Also I didn’t think Pokken would do this well, I thought this would be almost free except for UMVC3.
Edit: Pokken has a big lead over us and a sizable lead over mvc3.

1 Like

Just a reminder what the last drive looked like in terms of numbers. Pokken is definitely getting some Nintendo support. I don’t know the health of the Skullgirls community personally, but I could definitely see them making a later push.

1. Super Smash Bros. Melee $94,683
  2. Skullgirls $78,760
  3. Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo $39,567
  4. MLP: Fighting is Magic $5,280
  5. Dead or Alive 5 $1,900
  6. Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R $1,225
  7. PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale $1,000
  8. Melty Blood Actress Again Current $683
  9. Divekick $650
  10. Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown $605
  11. SoulCalibur 5 $407
  12. BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma $265
  13. Capcom vs. SNK 2 $260
  14. Super Smash Bros. Brawl $170
  15. Darkstalkers 3 $131
  16. Street Fighter 3: Third Strike $81
  17. Injustice: Gods Among Us $77
2 Likes

Well, we still have 13 days left. Who knows what’ll happen.

This post has 382 views on it, if everyone that saw this donated at least $10, thats $3,820. Easy boost people!

2 Likes

@rukizzel is this possible? ;D

This drive only lasts 2 weeks, and from what I’ve seen we’re not getting more ultimate news for 3…

Quick math:

When KI raise $100,000 in 3 days, at $20 a pop that’s…

• $100,000 / 20 = 5,000 people / purchases

At the current rate that people are donating:

• average donation is $36

That would mean we would need about 2,778 people donating the average amount to reach the $100,000 mark. And that is with people NOT getting something tangible in return.

In order to reach that amount, an organized effort is going to be needed to get the word out, and entice people to donate. Like I said before, I’m planning on giving $50, but already in this thread there are those who are pretty gung-ho about NOT participating. Any ideas on what we the community could do?

Maybe a community tournament of some sort, to try and raise some money…

Just spit-balling here.

2 Likes

I havent seen any big names doing any promotion here or on facebook. I havent checked twitter. Its people that dont even attend nor participate that pushing this the hardest. That tells you enough right there.
And I dont mean some tweet about #voteki. I mean really pushing it, making a video, ect…

I want to see some real promotion from the guys that will benefit from Ki being at EVo… Im waiting.

3 Likes

Most of them are not on the facebook group.

yes they are… they all are in 1 of the 4 groups.

1 Like

I know developers and corporations can’t donate directly, but how involved can they get to help spur donations?

I suppose Bass isn’t a big name to you? He streamed immediately after the announcement yesterday fundraising for this. Kiets, Brandon Alexander, Sleep, PaulB, Max? Are these not big names?

I’m sorry your statement is just plain wrong. And saying such things does nothing but add pessimism where it doesn’t belong.

1 Like

BTW for guys wondering if Max will do a donation stream for KI…I doubt it. He said it was a hard choice to even send $200 to KI considering the other games on the list, I doubt he has that strong a bias to donate literally like $7000 on a stream lol

1 Like