Voice work of KI

Any chance of translations of what you end up saying from Greek to english? Interesting to know that you voice a couple of my secondary characters (Aganos and Riptor)

Guess Iā€™m leaving additional ones right here in the listā€¦

Aganos - Zachary Quarles (@SasquatchPotato)
Tusk - Chris Jai Alex (@chrisjaialex)

And I dunno whether I should take a grain of salt with this one or not, but apparently in IMDB, the voice of Arbiter is no other than Ray Chase a.k.a. CINDER!

Omen anyone? Step forward please.

Some fun facts about these voice actors that Iā€™d like to shareā€¦

Mike Willette

• Of course, he is the Game Producer from Double Helix Games.

Ken Lobb

• Of course too, we all know it: the designer of the KI franchise. Out of all the characters, he is the only original voice actor to reprise his role as Thunder.

Erika Harlacher

• Has mostly done dubbing roles in anime such as Asseylum Vers Allusia from Aldnoah.Zero, Mimori Togo from Yuki Yuna is a Hero, and Ami Kawashima from Toradora.

Patrick Seitz

• The current voice actor of Scorpion from MK, has also done voice and dubbing roles such as Bob from Tekken, Ragna from Blazblue, Franky from One Piece, etc.

Edward Bosco

• Voiced Chipp Zanuff from Guilty Gear Xrd, Ahrah from Dust: An Elysian Tale, Dangereux from Lord of Magna: Maiden Heaven, Machias Regnitz from The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel, and has also done additional voices in Street Fighter V.

Zachary Quarles

• The audio director for KI, of course!

Sean Chiplock

• Has done voice and dubbing roles such as Rean Schwarzer from Legend of Heroes, Cassim from MAGI, and Kiyotaka from DanganRonpa. He is also involved with stuff on the Internet, such as being a user in Newgrounds, provided voice work as Otacon in some fan made MGS audio dramas, and some Undertale stuff like thisā€¦
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHgIkgp3V2k

Chris Jai Alex

• Has done voices in games like Resident Evil 5 (Majini), The Last of Us, The 3rd Birthday (Thelonius Cray), and Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark (Drift) and additional voices in Steven Universe. Also the voice of Catcher Freeman from The Boondocks andā€¦as seen in IMDBā€¦legit or notā€¦is this guy.

Poby, from a childrenā€™s movie calledā€¦

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMjA2NzkzNDMyMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzEyMjEyMjE@.V1__SX1303_SY585.jpg

Weird, eh? And as if itā€™s coincidentally enough, a polar bear is present in Tuskā€™s stageā€¦

Orchidā€™s voice actress was part Asian I believe, but would have been awesome to have a European accent

Donā€™t know who voiced Maya

Donā€™t know who voices Hisako

Who voices Fulgore?

amusing that TJ is voiced by a white guy, and Tusk by a black one.

1 Like

Sadira at 1:21 on this video ;

2 Likes

Voice Actor List Update:

• Yep, the voice of Arby in KI is Ray Chase a.k.a. Cinder himself. Confirmed in his Twitterā€¦

https://twitter.com/adogg281/status/717178073892962304

• According to IMDBā€¦

• The voice actor of Maya is P.M. Rodriguez. Nothing is much known about this voice actress thoughā€¦

• Kim Wu is voiced by Abby Trott. Other voice roles she had are Veronica in the Seven Deadly Sins English dub and Miss Monochrome in the Miss Monochrome English dub.

• I donā€™t know if I should take a grain of salt with this one, but apparently, ARIAā€™s VA is no other than Karen Strassman (Rogue the Bat, Poison, Kitana, and Mileena)ā€¦

• Omenā€™s VA is Chase Ashbaker, who previously voiced The Baz in Divekick! Proof:

Note the date: December 11, 2014, four days before Riptorā€™s trailer and Omenā€™s teaser was uploaded. So yeah.

1 Like

Voice Actor Update:
Mira is voiced by Fryda Wolff. Previous voice roles include an US Soldier in XCom 2, Vault Security in Fallout 4, Narrator in Sid Meierā€™s Civilization: Beyond Earth, Scarlett in Project Spark, and Stacy in Octodad: Dadliest Catch.

1 Like

Whomever voiced Riptor sure did a good job on the basic part, lol.

Voice actor update: Gargos is voiced by the one and only: Edward Bosco.

Yes, you read that clear, the same guy who voiced Kan-Raā€¦

1 Like

Voice actor update: Eyedol is voiced by Zachary Quarles a.k.a. @SasquatchPotato (and his dog).

Hereā€™s some tweets/facts about itā€¦

Also, not quite sure, but apparently, General RAAMā€™s voice clips were archived from the Gears of War games he has appeared in (thus telling he is voiced by Dee Bradley Baker). At least thatā€™s what Iā€™ve heard of from the KI Wiki.

4 Likes

Orchidā€™s VA: Anzu Lawson (More specifically sheā€™s half-Japanese)
Hisakoā€™s VA: Alpha Takahashi

Really, more voice acting is what season 3 story mode shouldā€™ve added. Not sure about all this other stuff.

I worked with Edward Bosco (Kan-Ra, Gargos) on a animated project. Heā€™s a cool dude.

2 Likes

This could be a necropost, butā€¦

Voice actor update: According to @SasquatchPotato, Eagle was voiced by one of the members of the Nez Perce tribe! See his tweet belowā€¦

Talk about pure dedication.

2 Likes

Voice actor update: Well, from this post/article itself, the name of Eagleā€™s voice actor is Thomas tĆ”tlo Gregory. Check it out below. Quite interesting to see how the voice acting in KI is done behind closed doors by the wayā€¦

In addition, according to @SasquatchPotato in a tweet of his, Kilgoreā€™s ā€œvoiceā€ is an amalgamation of weird audio processing and chunks of voice samples by Chase Ashbaker, the same guy who voiced Omen and The Baz (Divekick)! See the tweet below for proof:

2 Likes

Interesting updates other than the ones I already knew. :slight_smile:

1 Like