Variations, Clones, Duplicates - Discuss!

Don’t you think you’re taking this assumption a little bit far, and a tad aggressively? You actually have taken the point I was making entirely wrong.

I was not suggesting it was wrong for Omen to possess Orchid due to gender or supposed gender in Omen’s case, but to suggest that, in my opinion, it would be interesting storywise to see a new Shadow Lord who is both female and a rival to Gargos. I would find this especially interesting if she turned out to not necessarily be evil; a yin and yang kind of thing.

Since it’s been stated that they’re struggling to figure out a way to make Eyedol work, I don’t think the concept of IG making up a brand new one would be out of the question. I haven’t read the Omen backstory in a while, so I’ll have to go back and see the potential link you mentioned, as I have either forgotten it or just missed it entirely to begin with!

But you blatantly overlooked the possibility that Omen could possess Orchid or Maya, despite possessing people being, y’know, what Omen does, and how Shago happened; and then you went on to propose a female shadow lord who could go about possessing Orchid or Maya as being the most plausible story justification of Shadow Orchid/Maya you could think of. Whether you had this highly selective series of oversights and ideas coincidentally or not, surely you can at least see that Occam’s razor points towards transphobia.

A lot of my time here is spent stumbling upon posts that unabashedly boast prejudiced views and that actually whinge about the devs’ creative decisions not aligning with said prejudiced views. Maybe this could’ve been worked out with less hard feelings if I’d given you the benefit of doubt and enlisted the Socratic method, but after all the times I’ve had to tell ■■■■■■ people to stop being ■■■■■■ on these forums, you can’t expect not to look like just another person being ■■■■■■ when you say these kinds of things – so you have to expect to receive my incredulity, if not my scorn.

I didn’t blatantly overlook the Omen angle; it’s the more obvious route to take, and I was suggesting something people might not have thought of - something different.

On a side note, you and I have had many positive interactions in the past, and it makes me sad that you made that kind of misjudgement about my personal character or the point I was trying to make. You clearly have strong feelings regarding the possible trans aspect to my suggestion, and I apologize if what I said was not clear in its interpretation. But this back and forth, if it needs to continue, should move to PMs at this point.

Good lord, stop going out of your way to be offended by everything.

It was so obvious that you disqualified it as a possible story justification?

Look, whether it was coincidence or some measure of transphobia, coming out and doubling down on a transphobic message hasn’t been the line you’ve chosen to take in response – and that’s probably the most important part. We’ve converted a situation that could be read as a weird attempt to guard the gender binary, into a reminder that nobody wants to actually take on the role of the irrational douche who hates on trans people. That seems like a pretty good outcome, and likely more is lost than gained by keeping you under the gun over it.

Not that it can be helped with text, but you’re both reading too much of an emotional dimension in my writing. I’m not personally offended, I don’t have a strong emotional response to anti-trans comments, it doesn’t harm me directly if people treat trans people like dirt or pariahs. It’s more a “I can’t believe people still think and behave like this in 2016” kind of response, born of empathy for people who have a hard lot in life. It takes nearly zero effort to speak up on these things, so I often speak up.

The one obvious reason I thought was, “Omen has done it before, why not again?”

I’m more inclined to agree that having a separate being (not Omen) be the cause of their possession as it would be furthering a plot with an original character thought up by IG/MS. Not to say I wouldn’t be understanding if they didn’t go that route. I just enjoy a more convoluted progression of lore than, “That person did the thing again.”

But he didn’t make an anti-trans statement.

I only want Omen to possess male characters.

:3