Updated versus screen suggestion

You know, they could do something similar to the floating heads that are next to your life bar. Those are still Images, but they have the color and accessories that you picked. I would be all for this being in the game if they actually look like your customized character, like those floating life bar heads. If not, then no way.

Exactly, it would take too much time to add new artwork for all the different colors and accessories and costumes.

It’s a lot easier to make still images for every color and accessory combination than you guys seem to think it is. Obviously the base character would be one image and the accessories would be swappable layers of images over the base image. Different colors could easily be done by the artist in a few minutes with some color changing on the original images. Etc.

Basically the hard part of the job (creating the initial images) is already done, everything else is some easy Photoshop trickery.

That being said i prefer the 3d models. Going from 3d to 2d seems like a downgrade.

I like the idea but the only problem is that it doesn’t reflect character customization.