Update 3.5 Showcase (Gold & Terror skins?)

Nah, SonicDolphin’s shadow is as free as all the other shadows.

1 Like

Shadows are free XD

2 Likes

My Jago can’t beat my Gargos shadow lel. I need help.

If you don’t like them why do you care about the price?

1 Like

I was astonished when my Shadow beat me in a mirror match. And I don’t even play like that! lol
Now it’s just playing awful, I think I ruined it by some recordings. It’s spamming normal eclipse, I don’t do that -____-

The thing with Shadows is their patterns, they are easy to download, because real players should adapt, while shadows don’t. If you know the match up, it won’t be hard to beat them. But if someone is new or you are trainig other characters it’s cool to have this option =)

By this reasoning, why should any customization option in the game be locked, ever? Why aren’t all colors, accessories, card Taunts, Icons, and Backgrounds unlocked as soon as you have access to a character? Hell, why does the game even have locked Achievements?

The answer is because people like to have a sense of progression. Leveling up your profile and your characters feels good, and unlocking new customization options or Achievements is a nice reward. It allows you to show off how much you have played a particular character, because you’re using high-level accessories and their Color 10. There is absolutely nothing “lazy” or “insulting” about Mimic and Shadow skins just because they don’t perfectly match what you want them to be. I’d love more red skins (particularly a mimic-like red skin) for some of my characters, but I do like the ones we’re getting, and frankly I’m just happy we are still seeing content for KI and looking forward to whatever additional stuff is coming down the pipe.

If you want the Mimic or Shadow skins unlocked immediately, use KI Gold to buy them (which I assume you don’t want to do). If you don’t want to buy or spend KI Gold, play the game and unlock them.

If you don’t want to do either, or you don’t like the way the skins look, then rejoice, because you don’t need to spend either time or KI Gold getting them.

10 Likes

This new generation of gamers ruin everything and ■■■■■ and cry all day. I miss fighting games having part of the cast locked, or secret characters. Now a day it seems like no one wants to work for anything just give me give me give me. I paid $60 bucks I’m entitled and should have everything unlocked from the start!

2 Likes

This is the big part. For Gargos, I drain meter with command grab if I don’t have any. Then I do the hard knockdown version when I have meter so I can summon a minion. The thing though is that my Shadow does the hard knockdown when I have no meter and drains meter when it has full bar -_-

2 Likes

I also miss unlocking items. I loved in Tekken 3 that you started with around 7 characters, and needed to unlock the other 30. I liked unlocking all the mimmic skins, and in time will unlock all the Shadow skins. The funny thing about the gold skins is that if they are buy only, then there are no real bragging rights to owning them “unlike color 9s” I think it would be fun to have to unlock the gold skins somehow, even after you bought them, but I know people would really be upset over that.

1 Like

Well because shadow and mimic skins are simple compared to the rest of the colors and accessories, that’s why. And of course, I won’t be spending time or money on them either, I don’t need them. :sunglasses:

1 Like

what time are the skins out? :scream:

…only if whatever form of grinding they used overlapps with grinding for the other skins/unlockables. Seriously though the grinding in KI is getting to be a bit overwhelming. Grinding for color 9 for everybody, grinding for mimic skins & dossiers, grinding for shadow skins.
I’m pretty sure at this point I spent less time grinding to get the Haunted helmet on Halo Reach.

1 Like

I think it’ll be something like “get to top 32 killers at least one time with this character to unlock gold skin”, it kind of makes sense.

I’d never get them at that rate. lol

1 Like

I know but what better way to show everyone that you’re the best of the best right? Or you can just spend a certain amount of KI gold.

Honestly it’s the only reason I’ve played the game so long. 90% of my playtime has been spent trying ot unlock all the goodies I can. I made it a point for a while that I wouldn’t even take a character online until I’d gotten at least 50 with them. Unlocking stuff and having a sense of progress is what keeps people hooked to games, and that’s probably a huge part of the reason WoW and CoD exploded as much as they did. It didn’t matter whether or not I thought the Diamon camo was actually very good looking, I NEEDED it, because showing off your pride in your accomplishments is a huge chunk of the fun.

Also…

Am I the only one who thinks of Dark Souls invasions when I think of this? :smiling_imp: For example, someone is playing Shadow Lords… and then a real player shows up. That’d certainly spice up Shadow Lords multiplayer…~

BRB, making a thread about this

2 Likes

Choose one or the other. You can’t have it be bought with gold and show that you are the best of the best. The Top 32 unlock is fine but if you can buy the skin with gold, then suddenly the part where the skin shows you have skill doesn’t matter. Plus you already get a star so it doesn’t really matter.

1 Like

I could see this as something like “get to Gold ranking” but not the top 32. There would only be a handful of people to get it then, with everyone else whining about it being too far out of reach.

But you have to keep in mind, the goal with these are to make money. Personally for this one set, I can live with them being purchasable only. Like I said earlier KI’s getting too grindy anyway.

This right here would be perfect. They could change SL multiplayer where both people pick their buffs you could instead invade another persons play through by choosing what difficulty you want normal, challenging,etc. depending on which difficulty you choose will determine your loot regardless of what buffs you use to prevent high level players from dominating on normal and getting an amount of loot. Like shadows though you yourself will have to accept the challenge.

1 Like

I’m already fine with having a pro star for being top 32, I don’t think I need a color that sounds unfair seeing how hard it was to stay in top 32.