Ultimates are here!

INdeed and hey to everyone wanting to see the stage backgrounds. Look at it this way, it will atlwast be a nice throwback to ht eoriginal KI games as well.

same here. I think as an after effect, the black BG just creates that moment of specialty

Honestly I don’t mind this. If anything these Ultimates have given me an incentive to git even more gud! XD Especially against my brother.

I think possession turned up to level 11 with the opponent basically with twisted limbs. Lol

Heck I can get behind that.

Then add that to a list of thign to get myself better than you brother!

1 Like

Off topic - I remember before eyedol came out everyone had like one level 4 ender with unique background effects and the like. Since I’ve owned the game myself, it seems to have vanished. Is there any reason given or did they just poof into thin air?

There’s a toggle for it in the options menu.

I like Shago’s ultimate better than Jago’s … at least the motion flows well. Jago’s looks robotic. When they took out the background to Shago’s though, it went to hell.

Hope IG finds a way around the boring black backgrounds for ultimates.

I will never understand some people…

4 Likes

I don’t see that happening, especially if at the risk of the camera revealing parts of the stafe we’re not suppose to see.

Think about it: if we get an angle on the camera it might show us a part of the stage that was not suppose to be moddeled in. To put it simply: It’s like turning the camera for the stage and showing a part of the audience when the camera should focus soley on the stage. That’s just how all 2d fighting stages are modeled.

To compensate this, they would have to add even more to stage rather than simply animating the ultimates which would take waay more time than just animating the Ultimates.

Besides I think the best of a bad situation in this case: the blackening of the background makes the moment more dramatic. In films, movies, etc, when you have a particiular moment occuring, etc. and it’s one of the biggest things to happen, the background could blacken to highlight the moment or bring it into focus.

Basically, don’t make it about the background. Make it about the characters. It’s not about what’s happening in Jago’s temple, it’s about what’s happening between Jago and his defeated opponent.

4 Likes

I really never minded the black background for Shago. A creature of born darkness making everything go dark as he focuses all his power for his ultimate attack? Sounds fitting to me. And I really don’t see how it ruins the animation itself.

2 Likes

Not to mention if I wanted to look at the stage I’d do it between rounds. I do ultimates to watch my character body someone, not to stare at the sky.

Ultras are a slightly different story because of the extra stage destruction.

4 Likes

I know. That’s why some games teleport to a strategic part of the stage whenever you do cinematic moves. Can’t see why I can’t be done here as well.

Regarding the “don’t make it about the background”, sure, but it removes any depth the move had. In Shago’s in particular, you can’t really tell where you’re looking at as well as you did on his original ultimate. After he throws the opponent in the air, you see the sky, so you know you’re looking upwards and that Shago’s gonna come from the bottom.

How would you do Jago’s ultimate in Aganos’s stage? Or ARIA’s? They’re in enclosed areas.

Guys, black back ground is what it is. It isnt changing. Just be happy we are getting Ultimates regardless. Yes we all know the original Shago Ultimate on Shadows lair looks way more epic. But we know the reasons why it cant stay that way…so lets just move on and enjoy them.

3 Likes

Strategic camera shots. Or at the very least, don’t make it JUST a black background, make it an “ultimate dimension”, just a floor and a sky background or something.

Easiest solution is to use backgorund ssimilar to the leve 4 Combo Enders. On that note though I still don’t mind the black background giving my statments before.

I agree with this statement and instead of dwelling on it, I say simply make the most of it. I don’t really care alot about what the Ultimates are so long as they look good and fit the character in the game and alot of other great stuff on that to.

I have a question. Are the way Ultimates used the same as Shago’s? Supreme victory and profit. Do the inputs vary from character to character? Can you do a double ultra into an Ultimate?

I think Jago’s Ultimate is pretty cool. I like the flaming opponent at the end, it’s not gory but conveys the message/image well.

However, I do wish they could do some classic stuff, but I know that it is definitely costly and time consuming to animate this many characters for one Ultimate each. I would just really enjoy Jago to meditate a Cadillac onto someone.

I honestly hope Gargos’s Ultimate is him opening a portal above Earth similar to his ending animation and sending his opponent through it and just letting them drop. You just see them slowly fading into the distance, then cut back to the stage and you see another huge fireball in the sky similar to Jago’s Ultimate but it’s implied that that is the opponent falling to his death at terminal velocity.

1 Like

I think for Shago’s they just need to remove the HUD when doing the ultimate, and Switch that camera angle when he initiates the Ultimate to be more in line like Jago’s, if that’s the way ultimates will be done. Other than that, still get hype when I see Shago’s Omni-slash. :thumbsup:

@TempusChaoti If you dont mind giving us a LITTLE more info…

Can you tell us if any of the Ultimates are going to be “comical”? Or are they all going to be “hype”?