Ultimate combos

I have heard so much talk about this, and never gave it a second thought until today when I got served with an ultimate combo. I started doing some digging on YouTube and it looks like Shago is the only one who has an ultimate. Can this be true? Who all still has ultimate combos? I can’t even find any tutorials on how to do an ultimate in the dojo.

Now this I truly think is not right. Either everyone has an ultimate or no one should.

On another note, if I were looking to execute an ultimate. How would I do it? What is the command?

On another note. I still have no idea how to do a quick stand. I found an explanation on how to do one in this forum long ago, but the instruction didn’t work. I couldn’t even find a how to video on YouTube. Please advise.

Right now Shadow Jago is the only character who has one.

The reason why is because way back in season 1 the boss version of Shago was given one as somewhat of a tease, however they never got around to making more as far as I can gather. When Shago got his own moves the ultimate came with him. To perform it you need to be on your first life bar (supreme victory) and input QCF LP & LK during a combo when your opponent is in danger.

Ultimates are the #1 fan requested feature though, we’ve been begging for them for nearly three years. They know we want them but budget and time constraints have kept it from happening.

3 Likes

Shadow Jago has an Ultimate because the Boss version of him from the Season 1 Story Mode did. When he became a “Real Boy” for his character release, it seemed only fitting that he get one. Probably something to do with the Double Helix buy out why the rest of the cast couldn’t get 'em sooner.

If you’re interested in dealing one out, play as Shago and defeat your opponent without losing your first life bar. Of you’re still on your green bar, you can perform the Ultimate Combo just like an Ultra: opening up a combo and doing the input.
In this case, the Ultimate input is Quarter-Circle Forward + Throw. You can find this in his command list and practice getting it right on the AI.

The Community Survey a few months back had Ultimates as a listed option, and according to the Developers they were one of if not the most requested new feature besides new customization options, so there’s a good chance the rest of the cast will be getting goodies some time in the future.

1 Like

It seems so odd to me that they didn’t even give an ultimate to gargos or eyedoll even though these two as bosses definitely should have one of their own. If ultimate combos were reserved for boss characters only, I think I could live with that.

So has anyone found out how to do a quick stand? I still have no idea how to do it. The only instruction I ever found was to press any attack button as soon as your back hits the ground after a hat knock down. But that didn’t work, no matter how I tried it.

I’m sure eventually down the road everyone will have them, I think they just put most of their spare time in season 3 towards Shadow Lords mode.

This probably should have been a different thread, or perhaps the start of one asking for general advice, but I have some tips.

1)Try preemptively bushing buttons before you hit the ground during an ender or juggle. That way you’ll be more likely to hit the moment when quick rise can occur.
2) It might be a Hard Knockdown. Throws, Sweeps, and certain Enders negate Quick Rise.

Wonderful, ill have to give that a try tomorrow.

If you don’t mind me piggy-backing on your back story & perhaps tweaking it a bit: in the prototype stages Jago did everything boss Shago did…the slide, the Ultimate…maybe not double fireballs…but they thought it was too much and toned him back a bit & dropped the Ultimate for some reason. But I guess when they decided to make Boss shago they just game him all the unused assets from Proto-Jago & a couple more. I do think I remember Ken Lobb saying he was a bit disappointed that Jago lost his slide, but understood that it was for the best.

2 Likes

[quote=“WrathOfFulgore, post:9, topic:13874, full:true”]

If you don’t mind me piggy-backing on your back story & perhaps tweaking it a bit: in the prototype stages Jago did everything boss Shago did…the slide, the Ultimate…maybe not double fireballs…but they thought it was too much and toned him back a bit & dropped the Ultimate for some reason. But I guess when they decided to make Boss shago they just game him all the unused assets from Proto-Jago & a couple more. I do think I remember Ken Lobb saying he was a bit disappointed that Jago lost his slide, but understood that it was for the best.
[/quote]To keep the piggy-backing trend, Jago’s proto-ultimate involved him tossing the opponent up in the air and slicing them in half if my memory serves me.

That’s correct.

“Ultimate update” has a nice ring to it.

You know I’ve heard that, but I’m not convinced it was as graphic as it is described. I’m pretty sure when they said “slice him in half” the visuals were the same as they are now where there is a slicing effect halfway through the body, but they remain whole after they drop. Or in other words I’ve never heard of them making any body part assets/gibs.

1 Like

That was bs. Same guy who told us Eyedol wouldn’t be in the game. Anyway. Ultimates are the nostalgic part that is missing from a nostalgic game. Its an alternative on how you finish your opponet. You can choose between ultra and ultimate or perhaps no mercy. It’s a variety of commands and mechanics which makes the game more expansive and expressive at the same time. Without finishers in KI it feels like something always lacking. In fact, KI are a good fighting game that put some concurrence into shame and it deserve every possible feature from the past and from the present time.