Trailblazer "up" follow-up is not consistent

So, I was playing a lot of Cinder both in exhibition and practice mode(s) and was trying to find out if you could start a combo off of a trailblazer follow-up, and in my experience, the results are mixed. For example, if I start with a trailblazer opener, hit the openent, and then press u+K, it might hit and it might not. It doesn’t seem to matter where you are when you do it - you can be up close or far and it appears that you would still have a 50/50 chance of a hit or miss. Even weirder, if it does hit, you’re not always guaranteed a follow-up attack to continue a combo, such as with d+HK. It appears to be inconsistent too.

Is it really inconsistent or is it just me? Please explain.

Trailblazer followup (after MK trailblazer) will always connect if you’re fast enough. If your followup doesn’t hit (or the aerial after doesn’t hit), it’s because you waited too long to perform the input and the opponent left hit stun. The input to cancel into further trailblazers is quite a bit longer than the hit stun of the first trailblazer.

1 Like

Ah, I see. So, it’s a timing issue then? In that case, I will work on it. Thanks! :wink: