Traditional African warrior (male/female)

Who’s Akihiko?

Sorry he’s from Persona 4 Ultimax

Also would love a chris redfield or a Nightwing type male

Cable from Marvel Ultimate Alliance series

As any male moveset but he can be African American or whatever :grimacing:

1 Like

Ah, googled him.
He doesn’t look like a traditional African warrior though. :stuck_out_tongue:

I am so in on the Nightwing character though! <3

Edit: I wrote “like like”… -facepalm-

1 Like

If it were an African fighter I’d think him to be a spear type fighter kinda like lichti from blazblue with a mix of kilik SC and captain America (MVC version)

Where he has a shield (different properties than spinal in that he can throw it or blast a short energy like Laura’s mini fireblast) and one arm carries the longer staff that he can twirl like a fan or standing pokes

(His DP can resemble CA MVC shield uppercut )

Actually I think slightly more people wanted a male vampire.

With people requesting more female character tropes that’s because counting all confirmed characters so far only 7 are female compared to 15 which are male.

KI could use an archer

First off, the white/gray hair and lighter color plays off the brown and black character’s skin very well. (differently colored hair isn’t a new thing in japan)

Second, African tribes aren’t clothed from head to toe.

Third, not every African is dark skinned and not everyone who represent Blacks should be Dark skinned. Its just stereotypical to go with the dark skinned dude.

Fourth, Thunder is retarded. Imagine if they represented my culture in the game in a horrible or head scratching way, I’d be annoyed. Then imagine you went through the time to come to me and learn about me to represent me better…And then still add the retarded version of the character. Why you come to me then? Just continue to be inaccurate and borderline dumb with the character design.

Elena does a terrible job representing anybody.

Lame excuse, african tribes do not dye their hair grey. She is not afroamerican.

no, but they use intrincate body paint and traditional costumes. She is just wearing a fanservice swimsuit

African blacks have an even lesser media representation than afroamerican blacks. Portraying a tribal african female with blue eyes, grey hair and brown skin is more disprespectful than Thunder could ever be.

She doesn’t even have negroid facial features. She’s a white cosplayer painted brown, the twisted idea of what an african female is through the eyes of a japanese developer.

1. I told you already, hair color is moot. I could go through a thousand examples of a Aryan looking character that is claimed to be fully Japanese. Half of their characters looks Non Japanese that’s supposed to be Japanese. Its not an excuse, its fact. Accept that Japanese loves weird hair/eye colors and hardly ever look at logic unless their aiming to be Suuuper accurate. Sf is more about playing on character’s stereotypes than accuracy. While some characters are accurate and others are “eh”, like Hakan.

2. As i’ve said before, Lighter colored hair looks good and Darker skinned characters and so that’s how it is. You could argue for her hair type though, but that’s none of my bussiness.

3. Yeah, well they chose to go “basic” with it, Much easier to sprite her. Remember that before she even existed, we had Cammy. So don’t act like the fan service thing is something new. Its the type of game SF is.

4. http://41.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpy69thFxF1qjhxuro1_500.jpg

Give her some blue contacts and she’s good to go.

Looks fine to me. Not every black character needs to look like Balrog or Dudley. Also Japanese also have a certain sense of beauty, the female facial features mustn’t stray too far from the norm. This isn’t more of an excuse, but an explanation.

Remember, they think the current Cammy is Ugly.

She’s fine as along as she looks like this.

DH went out of their way to do Thunder properly, Capcom did not. Thunder old skin officially existing would mean DH wasted their time doing all their research and what not. They’re trying to get rid of the redskin guy, so adding him back makes the effort Moot. Capcom on the other hand does its thing. Check T-Hawk out he’s legit ok. Thunder needed an update though.

You don’t have to agree, but you should respect that.

if we intend to represent minorities, is not

the developers are japanese. How they portay themselves is up to them as long as their japanese fanbase is ok with it.

Japanese are racist and that’s ok to them. Not to me.

Just like 1994 KI.

That would be great if Elena was the 34000th african tribal female represented in gaming. She is not.

Elenas design is dumb, the fanservice only adds on top of that.

it’s an excuse to justify an ignorant character design. Just look at their portrait of Spain in Resident Evil 4

She does? Good for her and Capcom.

Let me condense my thoughts for you.

The Japanese/Capcom will do their work how they want. DH/IG has chosen to operate at a different standard. Elena being retarded doesn’t give Thunder the go ahead.

I’m glad that little feather mohawk redskin man is gone. It burns my eyes.

Good?

Good.

You are good with MS not being ignorant and you are also good with Capcom being indeed ignorant

Good, I guess. Not much of a criteria display on your side but whatever.

I’m simply holding DH/IG by the standard they sought out. Nothing less, nothing more.

I agree on Elena being an AWFUL representation of African tribes. As mentioned, she looks nothing like it… white hair, blue eyes, skin too light, her facial features and bone structure are too anime… but that’s because the Japanese have absolutely no idea how a black man/woman looks like! They always just go for the comical stereotypes (like Balrog, Dee Jay and Dudley in Street Fighter) or just make a tan anime girl (like Elena).

So no, if a warrior of an African tribe should be represented in KI, it should look nothing like Elena. Luckily, KI is way better representing racial cultures than Street Fighter is, so if there were to be an African tribal warrior in the game, I have no doubt that it would look awesome and fitting.

However, because KI is in a post-apocalyptic world where technology has more or less taken over the world, a pure tribal warrior might not be possible in this world. So I am thinking of something like Stalker from Batman Beyond:

However, I would want him to have darker skin. I never liked how light Stalker looked in the cartoon.

Amazing!

Glad I’m not the only one who thinks Elena’s design is garbage. Love her fluidity in animations, music and stage awesome, crap character design though. As for the warrior character, Some where between Shaka Zulu and Black Panther is good start if we’re talking Male.

I think the female African warrior is pseudo covered by Maya, although she is south American she totally has the look down visually. If we get a woman of African descent I wouldn’t mind leaning on the fantasy side, I’m still down for an urban freedom fighter with some cyber aesthetic.

No he’s not just a boxer anymore. The IG says that he’s a MMA fighter now.

I like your points, but there are some indigenous tribes that have blonde hair, blue eyes, and dark skin.

No offense, but that’s kind of a silly question.

That’s like someone from another country asking, “If you don’t give that character a gun, how will anyone know they’re American?”

With the Night Guard…

From South America, there’s Maya. And in Europe, there’s the Sabrewulf clan.

Africa could use a Night Guard section too.