TJ got really free DAMAGES

Is that a bad thing?:thinking:

Not at all. I just feel like the old look was better, I guess i donā€™t like the goatee, he needs clean shave and high fade like my profile pic.

1 Like

What character do you main? you may need to ask some advice on how to beat TJ if you have a difficult MU like this.

KI in my opinion is so well balanced even with the least advantagous characters can win. Though we all have our torubled MUs it doesnā€™t mean theyā€™re impossible to beat, just a pain in the ā– ā– ā– .

So go to your characterā€™s specefic forum pool and ask for help on TJ Iā€™m sure someone will be able to help you.

@KillerComboX I think the reason he doesnā€™t have a clean cut shave has to do with the fact that heā€™s pretty much a washed up former champion now it kinda reflects his story somewhat.

1 Like

Personally, Iā€™ve never cared for Auto Barrageā€¦ period. I find that once TJ goes into that trait, the whole match slows down. It just feels weird. It feels weird doing it. It feels weird watching it being done. Do I that correctly performed AB a bit too much damageā€¦ I do.

But what are the alternatives for TJ?

If the devs were to nerf ABā€™s damage, then they would need to give him a solid damage ender, of which might allow him to do even MORE damage than he can do with ABā€™s ending.

In of itself, AB is not that hard to break and if Iā€™m not mistaking TJ has to end it with heavies to get the damage ender. In all circumstances Iā€™ve dealt with the attack, I simply wait for the last hit to break it, and with most TJā€™s this works.

Honestly though, TJ has FAR scarier tactics than AB and most of the top TJā€™s that Iā€™ve played never really used AB, instead they used faints and nigh unreactable flipout resets. They used dash cancels (at least that is what they look like) to get lock outs and were very good at ending my life without a secondā€™s glance.

I look at AB like I look at Shagoā€™s Annihilation, it does a good job destroying noobs and can be annoying for most other players, but isnā€™t a big enough threat to really nerf out the wazoo.

1 Like

@MandrillManiac lulz

Actually, why isnā€™t this in the TJ section?..

Also @G0tei13Izaragi

Hey lemme tell you something: You can do set ups and things with Riptor, cause if you just stick to your basic tools, you can be found out by players who actually pay attention to your attacks and will break you easily. : P

Because Riptorā€™s attacks are actually all very easy to distinguish if not the MOST easy to tell apart strength wise.

No, actually the way to deal the highest damage with AB is Heavy-heavy-medium-medium-light -light

Since the last one is the ender per se, its unbreakable, so its not a bad idea use heavy as last hit since its slower. You lose a bit of damage but you are harder to break.

The benefit from AB is the options TJ has. He could use it to fish an early lockdown from a misreaded double, use advt ender for cashing the damage and advantage, a cb, go for damageā€¦

If TJ is simply going for the full AB, is not the hardest thing to breakā€¦ but the sum of all the options makes it a thought decision.

No I hear you man, I often think that TJā€™s damage is too much.

too much is not enought for define it , just think about when you play against tj s3 with a character like sadira (miss cheap) you can open him many time for cheap but when he got you one time under pressure that just WTf ! that pressure + damage are just scary.

**and i forget to tell about his unblocable grab in combo, **
BTw : orchid grab is breakable why not him???

2 Likes

Command grab=/=regular throw

Orchidā€™s throw is a regular one.

TJ slouder toss is a command grab

You canā€™t break Thunderā€™s CotE, Hisako influence, Raamā€™s command grab,Kan-Ra clutchā€¦

2 Likes

TJā€™s command grab can be used in combo right?

Command grabs arenā€™t breakable cause they arenā€™t used in combos. Gargos is an exception because his heavy command grab can be used in combos.

Actually, lots of them can be used in combos. You can use them after a wallsplat, staggersā€¦

TJ or Hisako can use their command grabs after both wallsplat and stagger, and itā€™s unbreakable. And both(influence and slouder toss) can lead to combo

2 Likes

Obviously yes, cause what happens now ā€œā€œafter a wall splatt they use it for the vortex then flip out of recapture and there he go againā€ā€ IDk if you see what i mean.

exactly what i meanā€¦

The command grab is not breakable, but does almost no damage, and the flipout IS breakable.

The chocke point is a bit further, but is there. Even better, breaking the flipout puts your opponent in the corner. If you suggest making the command grab breakable, you would be in the corner

So, in TJ scenario, itā€™s better for TJ opponent as it is than making the throw breakable

2 Likes

If theyā€™re using their command grab after stagger then the command grab is the opener right which would mean it still isnā€™t part of the breakable part of the combo.

He can cancel HP into backstep several times, so he can hit you 3 times with the same button (entering into the combo system), hit you with slouder toss, and it would be unbreakable

No, they arenā€™t breakable. They can be used after a stagger or wallsplat and canā€™t be broken.

They can be broken only in opener-ender situations. Nothing more, nothing less

Here is a tip, if heā€™s ducking down itā€™s going to be a medium hit. Itā€™s pretty easy to get out of to be honest.

Nevermind, you right, you right. You can even double-stagger w/ far.HP~st.MPxHP>grab. Iā€™m losing my mind.

1 Like

It doesnā€™t matter where the command grab is, most are unbreakable. You can do one after a wallsplat ender for the easiest example, anything else except projectiles would be breakable but command grabs are free here.

2 Likes