Tier List

Meh, even pro’s are not total experts.

@IIRagnaHero, tier lists have their place and all, especially as a discussion point, but they’re not law. But as far as this defining whether the game is balanced? For me, tier lists hold little value. Sure, Fulgore is strong. Does the fact that i can stand toe to toe with decent Fulgores with a Kim Wu speak to bad play, bad balance, misinterpreted tiers or just something else?

I hear people use tier lists for the reason they lost all the time. "I lost because this match is in their favor"These lists are almost a instant excuse when certain players lose.

Well tiers do matter but only in high level matches. Match ups are based on full use of each characters tools and proper application to each characters circumstances. Certain match ups are more difficult to a character based on not having a good answer to their opponents tools.

For KI a good example would be Kim v Gargos 6-4. Kim has good mobility to avoid portal punches, + on block pressure against a non-reversal character. She also has high damage, dragon kicks against air approaches, and parries to beat light and heavy reckoning. Gargos has tools to defeat Kim, but she has an early advantage at the start of the match and has the chance to be shut down at every move. At high level game play a good Kim would abuse her strength and Gargos’ weaknesses.

To your credit match ups are not the be all end all. As long as human error and mannerisms exist so is the chance to dominate a set in a difficult match up. Not only that but KI match ups are mostly even to a 6-4. (except Sadira’s 3-7 towards Gargos :cry:) Poor players will use any excuse to justify their lost. Those who are willing to level up their Mains should spend more time training to defeat their match up difficulties.

Unless you’re playing USFIV and are playing the Gouken v Hugo Match up. (8-2) You should as well just drop the controller at that point.

broccoli man got gud?

Oh god that match up was rough one of the worst ones i have ever seen :joy:

Same with Blanka vs T.Hawk or Guile vs M.Bison (in Super street fighter 4) or Q vs Makoto (3rd Strike)

He was never bad after they gave him up-flick and let natural disaster recap. The character has always been super oppressive on knockdown, and in S2 his armor couldn’t be bypassed. He lost that in S3, but I’d say that the recycling buffs were pretty good compensation for that nerf.

2 Likes