The New UI For KI Season 3

Misleading title, you are simply talking about the select screen. I don’t know if they are going to change the UI but I was never too big on the “Ultratech” theme.

As for the select screen, I think they simply need to get rid of the season 1 / season 2 separation and all S3 characters will fit just ok

Those were the only images i could find sorry

1 Like

18 characters in Season 3? Green smoke select screen? What’s trolling on in here?

1 Like

Get rid of the Hexagon design that was only for season 2 and the rise of ultra tech. The third one will be different and probably have hints of green like the season 3 rash trailer.

The Hexagon design was really amateur if you ask me. For season 3 I hope they do something unique or atleast hire professional UI/graphic designers.

I like the layout but not the aesthetic. Needs more purple and green to match the season 3 theme too.

1 Like

I like the purple aesthetic. I hope we’ll be able to switch to the Season 1 layout but use 3 rows for each season since going around the circle for 27 characters will take to long.

I think thats what IG are going to do for Season 3 green animated smoke in the background.

1 Like

That will happen trust me.

1 Like

I would like to see more interaction between players post match. Example:

When you finish an exibition fight, you have this options:
-Rematch
-Select character
-Send message: you can choose between a set of options and send a message via UI. “Good games”, “Gg, I have to go”, “That was a close match up!” , etc… this has to be send by the games UI, not by the xbox messages system, so lenguage its not a problem cause each player will read it in their lenguage. Maybe you can have an “inbox”
-Good player: if you use this option, your rival earns one point in his “Good player meter”, an invisible meter. Every time that 10 players vote you, you get an exp boost for 5 figths. This system, combined with messages and your fight behaviour, creates a way to reward sportive players without penalty to no one
-Back to menu

What do you think about this idea?

1 Like

Would it be too much, from a developer’s standpoint, to add character specific animations at the versus screen?

Yes, we’re talking about the devs who recycled animations for Omen and pretty much thought giving a Cinder a flash kick was a good idea instead of creating a unique move.

Thats a bit unfair.

Sure, Omen has some borrowed animations, but for the same prize as season 1 we get an extra character, and albeit he lacks the polish of other characters (but I’m sure he will be improved), his gameplay its really unique.

And about giving cinder a flash kick… what else could they do? I mean, it’s one of cinder’s trademark moves in the original KI. What about the things they did for improving the character and make him unique? Burning enders, fired up mechanic, pyrobombs… he fits in the universe, gives new mechanics to the game, making it diverse and unique…

And giving us a character per month! Sure, time issues surely was negative in some ways… but the effort its unquestionable, the feedback required from us its unprecedent. I(Us)'m talking every day to the game developers, bringing ideas and feedback.

THATS AWESOME!!!

There are people like you and me reading this and trying to improve the game. Sure we can be critics, but in a constructive way…

1 Like

The screen shots in the OP look atrocious. I really hope if they do make another UI for Season 3 it looks more clean and not so cluttered.

It would be cool if they had a Kinect feature so you can just shout the name of the character you want to pick

“SADIRA, COLOR 3, DEFAULT”

2 Likes

No way its 18 new characters. The current roster is 18.
18 + new characters is probably what was said. I believe there will be 26-27 total characters in the end.
18 current
2 guest
4 Classic
2 New , maybe 3

1 Like