The "GGs" Thread! (AKA The Enormous Matchmaking and Rational Beef Resolution Thread)

I’ll be playing some of my fledgling Tusk very soon, I’m up for a few sets. Just don’t expect miracles, he’s much worse than my Jago - then again, my Jago’s also much worse than he was when we last played due to general KI inactivity.

Good games to @RGLOfficial last night. What was supposed to be a quick HIsako/Arbiter FT5 to test out some Arbiter setups turned into an epic 50+ game set against my Jago. Was a lot of fun, so thanks for playing with me, and nice adaptations as the set went on. Keep on practicing those shadow counters :slight_smile:

And a very special thanks to @Marbledecker for playing with me for what was unquestionably the longest set I have ever played. We (*coughyoucough *) figured out some truly grimy Hisako tech, and I got to get some fantastic practice in with Kim Wu. All told we played 106 games I think (:open_mouth:), so thanks again and GREAT GAMES. You, sir, are a hero :sparkles::smile::sparkles:

1 Like

Hey Storm, how about that 120 set we were talking about? :grin: lol jk

But I want to play with you guys again! I miss the 3 of us, finding tech and chatting like friends. It feels like a century since then… :frowning:

1 Like

Lol. It’s definitely been a while since the three of us ran a lobby.

On the other thing - you know I’m usually game to run an obscenely long set. Just have to make sure I don’t have work in the morning. :-p

1 Like

Lol. We run long sets anyways. We said FT10, and it turned into 80+ matches. I have a problem… Lol “Just one more”, I keep telling myself. XD

Our matches were amazing! Really good play last time. I didn’t respond due to work and stuff. Actually Storm, after our set, I played Ranked before the Reset, and managed to slightly dominate a Pro Star Player with Kim. Thanks for the games!

Hopefully You, @Marbledecker & I can start a lobby again. :grin:

1 Like

And to answer this, since I didn’t :frowning:

Not bad. Actually, I felt like you were playing normally. I could tell you were being more aggressive with her, Using Stagger and Decent to trip me up. It’s harder too to fight you, because “Just hold Up” doesn’t always work. You could go for a meaty attack as soon as you stop comboing, and continue the combo, interrupting my jump. Or, Smack me up in the air, and send me down with Air-ORZ. It seemed like you knew when to use Hisako’s tools as well. But I have to play the 50/50 game with you when I am near. Using Wrath Counters into Hard Knockdowns had me sweating. Lol I like your Hisako. It seems better IMO, because you are relying more on all of her tools and range, which can lead to some NASTY setups if I’m not careful.

Well, if ur on now, do you want to play?

Sorry Friend, It’s pretty late, and I have work tomorrow. I know Monday I will be on, (Because I will try to stream Climbing the Ranked Ladder back to Killer with Kim)

So maybe Monday? We can play a couple of sets, and chat for a bit if you’d like. (Last time, I forgot I was in a party, which is why I started talking near the end of our set :frowning: )

That’s fine. I’m not even on right now, just figured I’d ask :slight_smile:

1 Like

If anyone wants to play, hit me up.

I wanted to say that I was wrong about how stagger worked (in S2); in S3, not all staggers start the breaker system, only moves that are called “openers” do. Hisako is included in that. So if you just do a stagger normal, then do dash up rekka as a confirm, it’s not breakable.

In S2, all the stagger moves (ie, both of them; Shago’s overhead and dive kick) were both openers, which is why I thought this was true.

1 Like

I’ve had a moment with Tusk where I get a stagger using cr.MP or s.HP and go right into Shadow Skull Splitter, and I’ve seen someone break it once.
Other times I see people attempt to break and I hear it start counting as it hits.

It was pretty laggy match so I’m not really sure what happened.

This is unbreakable, so I’m not sure what happened. Maybe some rollback thing or the situation wasn’t quite as you remember. If they do two normals beforehand (for example, st.HP, link cr.MP, link shadow skull splitter) then it is breakable by the 3 move rule.

Yeah that’s what I thought too. I figured the rollback was the cause of the breaker attempt flashing.
I think deflecting with s.HP is the single most satisfying feeling in this game.

@Infilament, yesterday I fought the best Shago player I have ever seen, because he was using tech I’d never seen any other Shago player use before - needless to say, he beat me soundly. In retrospect though, I think I could’ve beaten him, but simply didn’t have the knowledge of what you just mentioned to counter appropriately or effectively.

What he did was thus: he would trap me in a corner, get me in a juggle, and just constantly hit me with s.LP, c.LP, and c.LK over and over again (at least 4-6x with various other moves - all normals; I think s.LK and his b+HK were a part of it too) along with the occasional fireball/shadow fireball.

I’m guessing, in retrospect, I could’ve broken his juggles with the 3 move rule? It’s a heavy combo-breaker to do that, right?

It was a blast my friend! I learned a lot, and had a ton of fun. And yeah, I’m pretty sure that was the longest set I’ve ever played too! Really pushed my endurance, which is GREAT considering it’s tourney season. Fantastic games sir, let’s do this again a few more times before CEO :smiley:

Yes!! I’d like to work out a few of these prior to CEO - we’re all going to benefit from that practice come June! :triumph:

@BigBadAndy GG’s work on that Tusk a little more :wink:

I thought I recognized your GT. Good game.

Generally speaking, if Shago is juggling you, it’s probably breakable. Any normal after one of his surged DP’s is breakable, as is any juggle he gets off an axe kick. All those lights you were talking about (if it’s at all similar to standard Shago corner juggles) were breakable as well.

The appropriate button to break with is just whichever button he’s hitting you with at the time. In the corner, most Shago’s will tend towards light juggles I’ve found. Heavy punch and axe kick are the more standard heavies you’ll see used to juggle with.

GGs @GodtierMacho :smiley:

1 Like