The "GGs" Thread! (AKA The Enormous Matchmaking and Rational Beef Resolution Thread)

Yeah, and if I do that, the grenade interrupts what I’m doing (assuming the command grab doesn’t do it 1st - in fact, it’ll interrupt ruin, shadow ruin, and any natural disaster mid-move).

GG’s to @Painki11s ! Had a fun set today with a variety of characters.

Definitely not bad for someone who’s picking up the game on PC for the first time. :smiley: Wish there was a way to get mic communication to work better during crossplay. Maybe Skype or something as a band aid in the mean time?

3 seconds is plenty of time. you don’t have to go for a combo. You could chunk up, get close and do nothing. Just gotta find a suitable counter. that’s all.

That’s when the command grab hits - and since it’s a grab, chunking up doesn’t work.

I know. That’s fine. Would you rather get grabbed or get comboed?

Um, how about neither? Guranteed setups are broken. There has to be a way out of it.

Sometimes you don’t have a choice and need to take the least of dmg possible even if it means taking dmg.

You could always get close and poke him once then block the blast and carry on.

True, but isn’t it still a hard knockdown with the grab (I’ll check on this)? If so, then that’s yet another free mixup in Arbiter’s favor.

EDIT: It’s not.

He gets a mix-up either way, whether it’s a HKD or not.

I’m pretty sure having Arbiter in a grab would ignore the grenade, if it works like Orchid’s does.

99.9% of the time the command grab ends in a full combo. My setup works like this, grenade➡command grab➡grenade➡stagger/recapture➡combo➡ender➡grenade➡repeat. And that’s if everything goes to plan.

That’s one solution.

Oh yeah I forgot arbiters CG works like that. I’m thinking too much into traditional command grabs.

What I was suggesting was to grab Arbiter to avoid the grenade’s explosion and his command grab. If it works like Orchid’s grenade you won’t be touched by it during the throw animation.

It can work the same way for Arbiter to avoid a grenade he’s stuck onto someone, theoretically.

GG’s man, I had a ton of fun and learned a lot!

Yeah Id definitley rather Skype since I can hear people well and being able to talk trash while playing definitley makes the experience much more fun.

Thanks again mate!

1 Like

…and that’s the best solution I’ve been able to find thus far. Once the grenade’s on me, I can attempt a jumping crossup hit into a throw. If I nail the throw (on the crossup’s hit or block), it’ll ignore the grenade, with the jump itself avoiding the command grab. The problem is that I’m never entirely certain where the command grab will take the Arbiter, since he completely vanishes in the 1st place. Furthermore, it’s too easy for the Arbiter to jump backwards and hit me with his carbine (or use d+HP) as a quick counter if he sees me jump.

Let’s not derail the thread guys. How about I open a thread for this in the Arbiter/Aganos section? Edit: here we go! The Arbiter/Aganos Matchup

1 Like

There is backdashing.

Lol. Not for Aganos there isn’t :-p

Generally speaking though, it’s not a great idea to try and backdash Arbiter’s command grab. It has travel, so you’d have to time absolutely perfectly I’d guess - which would be quite the trick since he disappears from view.

When Arbiter sticks me I normally go in on him. If I have to deal with a grenade exploding on me, then I want him to have to deal with it too. Best case I land my hit and get to make it to a combo ender (the goal here is to ignore the grenade, not so much to do damage), worst case we both get exploded and wind up back at neutral.

If the Arbiter savvy with his grenades and you can’t get to him, then he’s very much probably trying to get it to explode with a certain timing - ie once he’s command grabbed you and tossed you into the air. That gives you a very specific window to know when to expect the command grab and avoid it. I’m still fuzzy on all the plasma grenade timings, but I imagine we’ll get used to them soon enough.

But yeah - my preference is still to take the fight to him after getting stuck.

As Arbiter, when I stick the other player I’ll do a shadow command grab and hold it. Usually the opponent will try and jump and when they do I’ll catch them on the landing. Even if they block the grenade, I still win.

Well Arbiter has 15-16 frames of vulnerability before he gets to be invincible. The shadow version is the easiest to beat in the neutral since commands still register during the screen freeze.