The "GGs" Thread! (AKA The Enormous Matchmaking and Rational Beef Resolution Thread)

Lol I thought it was for Shadows, but if I can get the real thing, its on! I’ll shoot you a PM whenever I have time. I’ll also test out my Jago too! :wink:

@Marbledecker LOL It’s getting better. I am starting to have trouble with it. It"s learning me now. :blush:

EDIT: Sorry about that, but the forums are getting mad at me due to too many posts. LOL

1 Like

Added a picture. Feel free to use it as a joke or something. :smile:

1 Like

Oh. For Shadows, Make sure you save the best matches with mostly green positive Arrows in most of the groups. That’s probably why my Jago’s W/L record is actually positive. :smile:

You gotta Be Fresh, Not Free! ™

Oh, I know. The issue is kind of that I don’t run into people all that often who really challenge me in many of these areas. If I spend a fight bodying an opponent, not really teaching my shadow anything about defense.

And unfortunately, most of the time I do get hit, it tends to be something that happens in a situation where I can’t block, like getting trip guarded off an air-ORZ. I respond to normal pressure fairly well in terms of blocking, but just don’t get a chance to showcase that much I’m finding. Accordingly, my poor Hisako has what appears to be no concept of what blocking (or even countering really) actually is. I tested the shadow and she repeatedly walked into buttons - chick doesn’t know how to block :cry:

I’m totally going to body your Shadow. LOL XD

But No, I’ll Fight it, so you can probably make it learn something. AT LEAST. :smile:

Lol. Only if your shadow puts up a fight when I wreak sweet vengeance on it. That’s half the reason she started so poorly - a lot of her early training was from me getting revenge on the people who’d beaten her.

Most shadows are really, really easy to pattern, so they’re pretty easy to blow up. I think training your own shadow against shadows is bad practice. I have a lot more matches against humans recorded now, so hopefully she at least provides a moderate challenge for you.

The last thing your Shadow will see:

LOL No, but honestly, I’d think you’d body me in a set.

Lol. That’s fine. We should still run it. I learned a lot getting blown up by Rebelo’s TJ the other day. So long as you can see how you’re losing, I tend to think it’s instructive. At the very least I can probably hit you with some stuff that you haven’t really seen before, so you’ll know to be on the lookout for those things in the future.

Will do. If I see you online, I’ll send you a message.

Well, my date canceled on me tonight AFTER I purchased nearly $100 non-refundable tickets to a show due to health issues… Anyone willing to let me beat the snot out of them to help make me feel better?

1 Like

Wow. Sorry to hear that. Umm. Well, I could play with you, but I’m not home. I’ll be home in like 10 min or so.

To get Bodied! XD

Hehe… “May the odds be ever in your favor.”

1 Like

I have recently come to this conclusion as well, and accordingly have ceased saving most matches I play against shadows.

I agree. Whenever I get flattened, absolutely wrecked by someone, I spend some time watching the replay. I’ll watch it as many times as it takes for me to feel like there’s nothing more to observe… and then once more for good measure.

I’ll be online tonight… if anyone wants to run some sets, feel free to send me a message on XBL! :grin:

I’ll try and see If I can later. I’d like to practice with your Hisako again. That is, if you’d like to.

1 Like

I got on, saw the darn bird online, sent him an invite, and then he vanished… :open_mouth:

It was profoundly confusing and upsetting… To not be there when you say you will be.

OMG…

I’ve been abandoned twice in 1 night!

NNNNOOOO!!! :sob:

2 Likes

@GalacticGeek I thought My Smart Glass sent you a message? I’m sorry. I had a kinda family emergency, so I wasn’t able to play. I’m not abandoning you. I’m here, stuff just came up. :frowning:

I’m sorry, but he died - from neglect.

Just kidding!

My Xbox is turned off and although I saw 1 of your messages pop up on the Xbox app on my PC, I was quickly distracted by the show I was watching and forgot to read it… I’ll be on soon. :wink:

1 Like

As long as your not dying from neglect. :slight_smile: TBH, You really did have me worried for a bit.

You had to use THAT picture!?

God, I hate that movie… So much… :beetle:

1 Like