The "GGs" Thread! (AKA The Enormous Matchmaking and Rational Beef Resolution Thread)

But it is just as fun. Almost as fun as Divekick.

I would assume DP or Throw with all your tools defeats the purpose of DP or Throw. :stuck_out_tongue:

And @Sasuke99I, DIVEKICK is amazing, lol

I hate Divekick.

*shrug * I play for fun too.

Itā€™s interesting in the same way a Jago mirror is interesting - equivalent toolsets drive the focus almost entirely around who can make the better micro-decisions, both within the combo system and in the neutral. I think Jago mirrors are somewhat unique in that sense, and are boatloads of fun because of it.

DP or throw is similar, except that removing tools drives the gameplay even further in the direction of moment-to-moment decision making. Thereā€™s an exciting element of tension around your options precisely because they are so limited.

Youā€™re of course free to dislike whatever you want, but Iā€™d encourage you to actually play it before making any sweeping judgment about how enjoyable it can be.

Divekick,this weekend,you and me,XB1, LETS GO

1 Like

I would, but I work weekends :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Sounds like fun to meā€¦I just never remember to try it when I play anyone I know on line.

@TheNinjaOstrich Bruh, we should invent a game with Mira.

You have to use her vanish for mobility, can only use her anti-air bite for health and only bats for attack!

The carnage! :scream:

2 Likes

Randomly ran into @Marbledecker in exhibition. Hopefully I get to face off against your Hisako next time

2 Likes

So @Marbledecker IS Lurking KI.

I knew it, lol

His Hisako is good, but Pick Orchid next time, he needs that MU.

3 Likes

Can you explain to me the purpose of it? I would like to know.

2 Likes

GGā€™s to @DarkLrdChuckles

What a teleport and skull infested set. Iā€™m salty AF. lol But ggā€™s

2 Likes

Why should I have to when you already know it yourself? You yourself explained it to me some time ago when I showcased my distaste for it back then (which I would quote for you, but I canā€™t seem to find it easily or quickly).

In any case, as best as I can remember, it teaches you about your defensive options by giving you a minimum amount of offensive options. For example, what can you do against a DP/throw and what canā€™t you do? Can you back-step? Block? Jump? Counter-attack? ā€¦and so on. This also helps condition your ability to effectively read and react to your opponent.

EDIT: I just noticed Stormā€™s post describing it above. :slight_smile:

GGā€™s to @DarkLrdChuckles and @PVXenoraptor

2 Likes

GGs to @DarkLrdChuckles @MandrillManiac @Draigh!

1 Like

Yes, GGs @PVXenoraptor and @DarkLrdChuckles who beat the hell out of me. Maybe you could show me how to get out of that kind of pressure sometime :grin:

Iā€™m truly horrible on wake up and in cornersā€¦

3 Likes

Oh you poor poor human being.

Iā€™m looking to run some more Sadira today. Should be home in abt 20 minutes or so - let me know if youā€™re interested in playing :slight_smile:

1 Like

:pensive:

That saidā€¦I got Aria when I clicked random and played my best match, got him down at least 1 barā€¦barelyā€¦

If youā€™re on later Iā€™m definitely down :grinning: