The "GGs" Thread! (AKA The Enormous Matchmaking and Rational Beef Resolution Thread)

GG’s @TheNinjaOstrich, each time we meet, I always learn something new. Whether from the characters or from playstyle. Each match is always a blast and will make me have to play different because I constantly lose my composure lol.

No doubt about it, this dude is my rival in KI. I may not be a huge fighting game fan with the exception of KI, but I will always do my best to keep up to this guy. :grin:

Oh snap! When do I get a nemesis? :open_mouth:

1 Like

Forgot to Post but gg’s to @SonicDolphin117 I won no games but it was fun regardless :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

Thanks dude! It means a lot! I see you learning though! You picked up my Tech of 2 Cr. Light kick into overhead/walk up grab, and some of my instinct pressure! You learn fast. Lol I’ll be sure to show you an Unblockable Health regain Combo next time we fight!

As for TJ, I’m learning more pressure tools, Faints, Baits and Instinct combos. Hopefully I can make him great! Love playing with you dude! Always a pleasure! :smile:

1 Like

GGS to @Goldbaum I sent you a GGS through XBL as well but I noticed it didn’t get sent. You have a nice Thunder!

1 Like

Thanks man, GGs to you aswell. The games helped to get a better understanding of the MU against Sadira and Hisako, at least a little bit. Both are still confusing to me a lot of the times. Hope we get to play more.

Also GGs to @ShabuWL! Really solid Jago and always willing to improve (check this thread to help him to analyze his games.)

It’s so much more fun to play against people from the forum instead of random players in ranked. So if anyone is interested in playing some matches against my Thunder, feel free to add me or just leave a message here and i will add you.

1 Like

@Goldbaum Wouldn’t call myself really solid, but I’m working on it. The first time we played I won 1 in 30 or so, second time I won 2 in 15 or so (and should’ve won two more) - so watch out, you and @TimelessVisions, I’m coming for you guys… sometime in the future. :wink: GGs.

2 Likes

GGs to @AlbeFreak. Played a set earlier today against his Aganos. Gave me some really nice advice for the MU and for my general gameplay. thanks again, looking forward for more games.

GGs to you @Goldbaum! The beautiful thing about this community is how much players are eager to help newcomers in learning the game!

2 Likes

GG’s to @GalacticGeek! We played a long set yesterday. Great player, super fun games. In retrospect i learned a lot about the Aganos MU, so thanks again for playing.

In a game like KI long sets are so much more fun, then 2/3 in my opinion.
Looking forward for more games!

Oh don’t worry, you’ll get them, especially once S3 hits - I’ll be playing the heck out of this game then (as I’m sure most of you will as well).

As for the set, I enjoyed it too. :wink:

…then again, it’s hard not to enjoy a set where I go… What was the score again? 25-6? So, yeah - I had fun. :stuck_out_tongue:

On a more serious note, your Thunder’s defense was pretty solid overall. After the 1st 2 or 3 matches I could already tell that there wasn’t much I needed to tell you in terms of teaching you, so I figured I’d just say a few quips here and there and let you learn on your own. Seems to me like it did the trick too, as it definitely became progressively harder to beat you into a pancake. :smirk:

I can’t wait to see what you can do with other characters, and as I said before - GG, from GG! :+1:

1 Like

You kept score? That’s not fun… If I were to learn or see that, I’d get sad… :frowning:

I just like playing with people and learning. Like playing with @STORM179, I can tell you he DESTROYS me with Hisako and it ends up being a 10+ Winstreak or something, but I’m not one to count. I just have fun and learn. :slightly_smiling:

Well, Bird, if it makes you feel any better, we weren’t really counting until we hit about 20 or so… :wink:

I will say though Geek, it’s always seemed a little off-putting to me how you broadcast your exorbitant win spreads in all your “good game” posts :confused:

You’re a very good player, particularly with your Aganos, and from what I can tell you win most of your sets pretty convincingly. So it doesn’t make sense to me to have to blast when you beat someone really badly. I guess it’s fine if the opponent doesn’t mind, but it really does just seem like unnecessary salt in the wound to me. Maybe the player would prefer to just have the set and take their losses and learn from them, than to have it blasted exactly how badly you beat them in a MU they’re probably not that familiar with anyway.

I dunno. Like I said, if the opponents don’t mind then I guess it’s fine, but it’s something that’s been on my mind for a while. There’s something to be said about having humility in victory - there’s nothing wrong with being a gracious winner. Particularly for the newer players who you’re always helping learn the ropes.

My $.02. Take it or leave it. :slightly_smiling:

7 Likes

This echoes sentiments I’ve felt for a while perfectly.

2 Likes

Hey Storm, will you be on? I would like to play some sets with you sometime. During the KIWC, I saw @Marbledecker in chat and was talking to him for a bit (I was at work). He stated he would like to play sometime soon as well. Lol we need to get our Group of 3 again. Just talking about tech, funny things that happened, stuff like that.

1 Like

Yeah, KIWC kind of inspired me to step my game up, so I’ve been playing pretty much every day in preparation for S3.

I’m definitely game to run some sets with you guys - depending on how it goes I might even bring out my terrible Jago, just to get a feel for playing a character without insane dashes and extended manual timing :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

If you need a set from a Fulgore,Aria,Jago,or Omen player,I am right here.

1 Like

LOL Yeah. Branch out, see what other characters you can play. That’s what I’m doing until S3, because they are changing anyways.

Ok. I guess I’ll just demand a set online, because every time I ask you if you are available, you respond with the same:

“Now’s Good.”

LOL XD :joy:

Well, I see nothing wrong with having pride in my own skill and sharing that with the community. If someone is competent or better, I acknowledge that when they themselves give me a hard fight - that is where I am humbled (and I usually am against the likes of yourself and Sasuke, among others). Also, as you can see, I complimented my opponent above - I do that often, probably moreso than you may think. I’m just hard on Ostrich, really, because I like to ruffle his feathers every now and then, and always in good fun. Frankly, I like how I come across, as my reputation is steadily, and surely, growing - in a lot of cases, it already precedes me (and mostly for the better, I might add). :wink: