Help me get better at analyzing my games!

Alright, here’s another set of games I played with Goldbaum (thanks again, man). Disclaimer: we played more, probably around 15 games. In some of them I got completely mauled - and I mean half a green bar left Supreme victory mauled here - but they’re not particularly interesting to analyze, so I went with the closer ones.

PROS

• I’ve started picking up on my opponent’s tendencies, which resulted in a lot of broken light doubles, as well as several failed counter breakers where I didn’t take the bait (but still did sometimes)
  • I found something that may be an ankle slicer punish after a blocked triplax - st.LK at the end of the first round of game 2
  • I’m getting better with staying outside of Thunder’s best attack ranges, although I’m still getting swept too much for my liking

CONS

• Still dropping combos and especially punishes; I could have potentially won games 2 and 6 had I converted off of the lows
  • Throwing out shadows too arbitrarily, not paying attention to opponent’s meter - and he’s on point with his shadow counters
  • I still get impatient and nervous. For example, at the end of game 1, I wanted DP - instinct - fireball, but went too fast and didn’t get the DP, which resulted directly in the loss. At the end of game 3, I was expecting a shadow counter, I made myself safe going into instinct… and then pressed the button too early anyway and got caught. Finally, the end of game 4 should have been a full connection on the shadow wind kick into ultra, not this weird panic mash it turned out to be, if I had just waited a little before I threw out the kick

IMMEDIATE GOALS

• Make sure any stray normals are actually option selects (ie. cancelled into specials). May times I got a st or cr.MP, for example, but did not convert in any way.
  • Pay special attention to cancelling cr.LK and cr.MK after blocking and trying to punish. I’m holding back down, then trying to cr.LK xx Wind Kick or Laser Sword, but I’m missing either the down or back input on the wind kick and getting just a weird LK mash instead
  • Pay more attention to opponent’s shadow and instinct meters
  • Don’t panic :wink:

What do you guys think? Did I miss anything important?

PS. Also posted this on Reddit if you prefer to reply there.