The "GGs" Thread! (AKA The Enormous Matchmaking and Rational Beef Resolution Thread)

Yeah, take a look

http://xboxclips.com/Dayv0/screenshots/23b9bcef-08f5-4ed3-944b-a91010445a5a

1 Like

Oh yeah. That’s why I notice there no my gamertag in top 32…

Cool. Let’s play then :thumbsup:

1 Like

Eyedol is undoubtedly the best character in the game (right now) by a wide margin. Jump HP is a big part of the problem but definitely not the only problem.

I don’t like using the term “OP” because it doesn’t really mean anything. Like, I’m sure he has a few 5-5s in there, and you can beat bad Eyedol players. But there is no doubt in my mind he is way too strong right now, and would be a huge problem for the game in 6 months if he was left alone.

As for what they do to adjust that (if anything), we’ll have to wait and see I suppose.

5 Likes

Aside from his j.HP, I’m still waiting for you to tell me what else you think needs adjusting. Why haven’t you mentioned any?

Because the list is too long to mention in a forum post IMO.

To give another example, instinct damage is pretty out of control, and instinct shadow DP is very hard/specific to punish for most characters (as I talked about in this thread), making it an extremely strong reversal/pressure tool that leads to massive damage on hit and mixups on block. They tried to take out a lot of safe DPs and out of control instinct damage in S3, but Eyedol has both and not the weaknesses/riskiness in neutral to make up for it.

There are other things I could say too, but it’s probably better to just wait and see what the devs do.

1 Like

Guess they wanted to make him look good for release.

Here’s a question throughout all of KI’s life span and the communities thoughts on who was “op”. Who was the worse culprit?

Sabrewulf, Sadira, Jago, Kan-Ra, Eyedol, Fulgore. Or someone else.

3 Likes

S2 launch Maya and this version of Eyedol are pretty close. Take your pick between those two, I think.

Season 2 launch Kan-Ra might have been in the running but we didn’t figure it out for a while, so we only can theorize what he would have been capable of.

Interesting. Maya was that bad? Been a while since that time.

I actually think original TJ should probably be in that running as well. Tremor shockwave hitting behind him and being functionally unbreakable in the corner; autobarrage that could be swapped into any place of the combo. Good old fashioned TJ rolling and powerline on top of it.

The old autobarrage was the biggest thing I think - they called him TJ lockout for a reason :smile:

EDIT: yeah, launch Maya really was that silly @FengShuiEnergy. Unscaled mantis cashouts for everything, a non-invincible DP with like a 1-frame meaty window that let you toss daggers for safety on block, and S2 Maya dagger nonsense on top of it all

1 Like

Sorry, do we know each other?

I thought auto barrage couldn’t go into anything else once it started since his debut. But again, been 2 years since his debut.

I stopped playing Ki shortly before or after omen came out. Then came back to it this February for the real deal again. So I missed a good chunk of S2 that I regret.But that’s ok that’s the past now. And I feel like I’ve caught up.

I’m on. Just shoot me a msg when you hop on.

You sure don’t waste time lol

Lol. I’m an army brat - we do punctuality :joy:

4 Likes

I actually tried finding the old patch notes for S2 and could barely find any.

S2 launch Maya’s DPs were all invincible. The change that made light be invincible for n-1 frames (and heavy not at all, etc) happened well into S2.

http://ki.infil.net/historys2.html

The problem being, I link to a bunch of forum posts on the OLD forums, which are now gone. So the patch notes themselves will be hard to find, but I do summarize each patch’s major changes here. Better than nothing I guess.

I should try and get the patch notes from the devs and host them on my own server so they are permanently archived. I’m sure they still have them kicking around somewhere.

1 Like

Hm. I feel like I remember Keits arguing with people in an early chat or something about how they were punishable, and people needed to get their meaty setups right. Ah well - no issues being wrong.

According to my historys2 page, Maya’s DPs were changed during the Riptor patch in December 2014. So she had L, M, H, Shadow invincible DPs from launch in October, through the Kan-Ra update in November, up to the Riptor one. Those were soooome two months.