The Complete Killer Instinct Guide (ki.infil.net) [All post-S3 chars added!]

You might want to fix Fulgore pip canceling a fireball into a heavy laser.

Hisakoā€™s Wrath Counter explanations are wrong: KKK version does not counter mids any more, which is a huge change. I kept wondering why my counters failed so muchā€¦

Actually Hisakoā€™s page needs a few more updates:

• Jump no longer regens Wrath
  • Descent cancels
  • Speed of Wrath Regen increased
  • Stagger on HK, Close HK and Close HP
1 Like

Minor suggestion to the following paragraph I noticed while reading up on throw techs:

"Knockdown

You can knock your opponent down in Killer Instinct with a variety of attacks, including certain normals like sweeps. Sweeps are a crouching normal that knocks your opponent down. It is almost always + HK., throws, and combo enders. While you are knocked down, you cannot perform any actions and you cannot be hit."

It may be worth noting somewhere in here that Tuskā€™s Skewer is the current sole exception to the ā€œcannot be hit while downā€ rule, maybe via one of those cool hover notes? I know you have a nice section about it under Tusk himself, but maybe a quick notation (and potential link to the Tusk page) would be suitable here too.

1 Like

Man, this guide is a godsend! Excellent work dude.

S1/S2 characters updated for S3 are now: Jago, Sabrewulf, Glacius, Thunder, Shadow Jago, Maya, Hisako, Cinder, Aria. So thatā€™s 9/18 done.

Iā€™m going to try and get them all done by the end of the weekend; it takes me an hour or two per page, so thatā€™s still like 10-15 hours of work. Then I really want to get Rash and Kimā€™s pages up before the next patch (at about 10 hours each), so Iā€™ll probably do another crunch on that this weekend or early next week.

Thanks for your patience guys, this has been a ton of work and itā€™s taking its toll on me a bit, but Iā€™m making progress.

4 Likes

Thank YOU sir, for your selfless and bountiful contributions.

Just skimming through, I found a couple of things that could be fixed.

Jago: ā€œJago does not have a recapture, so he cannot cash out juggle combos.ā€
ā€¦but Shadow DP!!

Thunder: ā€œWhile Thunder cannot recaptureā€¦ā€

ā€œAfter a recapture, Thunder has tons of scary options.ā€

Thanks, fixed. Meant flipout for Thunder, and fixed that error on Jagoā€™s page.

Also, two new character pages converted to S3 info: TJ and Aganos. Might not finish all pages by the end of the weekend but Iā€™ll get a few more done, at least.

What stages should I take in order to join ranked play later?

Should I start with dojo,survival (med - hard), then shadow play then ranked?

The bronze level of ranked, you just need to be able to reliably do and finish long, level 4 combos, and figure out what to do with your character to get some raw damage output. Some characters like Jago and Orchid you can just do damage enders. Others like Cinder you gotta go through burnout tech and all that extra stuff.

Just doing that alone should get you through tons of opponents in Hard mode of survival and should get you very competitive in bronze.

I blazed through most of dojo mode, but I donā€™t think you need to worry about juggling off a shadow or any of that stuff just starting out. You donā€™t even really need to counter, at early levels, though it surely helps and can certainly turn the tide in some matches. Youā€™ll need to do lots of counters in Very Hard of survival to get long streaks (10+ wins) going

@Infilament

At Mira Page her most damaging meterless cb combo is

Heavy Reaping - light manual - heavy reaping - light manual - heavy reaping - reaping ender are 75% of a j.hk into cb.

She can take your whole lifebar with one cb.

Thanks, I didnā€™t know about the ā€œhold MP+MK to get heavy linkerā€ trick until yesterday.

I updated Miraā€™s page with ā€œlow riskā€ and ā€œhigh riskā€ versions of her counter break combos. If you can find better 1-meter or 2-meter ā€œhigh riskā€ combos, let me know please.

3 Likes

More S1/S2 characters have been updated for S3. Only Kan-Ra and Sadira are left for me, everyone else is updated.

And then, once I do the Kim, Rash, and Mira pages, Iā€™ll finally be caught up on S3. Probably just in time for the next character to come out.

I wish I could give you guys a time frame on this, but the truth is Iā€™m very burned out on guide work. Iā€™m going to try to update it hopefully sooner rather than laterā€¦ maybe work a bit each day on pages, rather than all at once. I feel a bit bad that the site isnā€™t up to date, so hopefully it can get done soon. Thanks for being patient.

7 Likes

Take care of yourself brokowski. Thanks so much for everything.

1 Like

Awesome, As a person with tons of nostalgia for the arcade battle toads, I am eagerly awaiting the release of your guide for Rash.

Your website has been excellent in helping me figure out the basic mechanics that are not in the tutorial of the game like Shadow Counters, Manual, Combo Breakers, etcā€¦

Your website has to be the most interactive and well made guide to a fighting game I have ever seen. Good luck with your future development of the site and I will probably wind up donating to you eventually.

1 Like

Okay, all S1 and S2 character pages are done! That means that there should be no more incorrect info on my guide, so youā€™re free to read it without wondering whether any given statement is actually true. If you find something that I missed, let me know.

Kim, Rash, and Mira pages will be worked on over the course of the next month, I hope to try and do one per week. Weā€™ll see how much I can stick to that schedule, but I really donā€™t want to have unfinished characters spilling over into the next patch.

3 Likes

Glad you fixed the Cinder shadow pyrobomb thing I mentioned. Keep up the good work and Iā€™m eagerly awaiting reading the Kim Wu page.

Just a small thing:
In the Kan-Ra section you list the moves that flip out. Light clutch is not the only version that does flip out. Medium and hard do as well.

I like that you emphasized how important shadow spike is.
Amazing work

In the bottom part of Miraā€™s page, the previous character is Aria and the next is Tusk, so she is in the spot of Kim Wu. After Rash, the next character is Jago, when Mira should be there.

You are doing an awesome job with your guide man, thank you a lot!