The Complete Killer Instinct Guide (ki.infil.net) [All post-S3 chars added!]

Sure. If this helps at all, I checked with other browsers, Safari on an IPad as well as Chrome on my phone, and work instantly. Tried Edge on my phone, and it crashed.

Edge is terrible. So it seems it’s just Edge. That’s nuts. No wonder they tried to start fresh by changing the name.

[quote=“TheNinjaOstrich, post:303, topic:250”]
No wonder they tried to start fresh by changing the name.
[/quote]Starting fresh by changing the name doesn’t work if they don’t also fix the problems associated with the browser itself. If you think the MS Edge app on XB1 is bad, trust me - you don’t want to see th MS IE app on X360; it’s far, far worse…

I use Mozilla Firefox on my PC too, but if I’m already on my XB1, it’s easier to say “Xbox, go to Microsoft Edge” then it is to get up, turn on my PC, go sit back down, grab the remote, switch my TV’s inputs, wait as my PC boots up, then to navigate to the Firefox browser. :wink:

Just like when Qwest changed their name to CenturyLink because they were hated by a lot of people. Now, they have plenty of business, but people are starting to get mad again, because their service still sucks.

1 Like

Okay, does this page crash now?

http://ki.infil.net/raamtest3.html

No, but if I select the hidden link anywhere in the middle of the page, the follow-up page does.

Yeah I’m not making changes to the linked page yet.

Okay, I made a change. Does it crash now?

Yep, still does.

Okay, HOPEFULLY the last one.

Does it crash this time? I changed how the text labels were drawn to an entirely new method that isn’t as beautiful but still functional.

I tested with the xbox edge, it works for me, didn’t click anything

No crash here. I don’t “see” any changes with text labels.

Also, forgive me if it’s taking longer to reply; my family is trying to figure out some plumbing issues we’re having right now, so I’m kind of going back and forth.

So, did you figure it out? If so, how long do you think it’ll take to fix? If not, is there anything else I can do to help?

Okay, so if that fixes the problem, then I will just code something that detects whether Edge is being used and uses that method, rather than the other one. I will put it on the main site some time tonight probably.

The text labels in the “Edge version” are straight (ie, they don’t curve nicely around the circle). It’s not super obvious on the raam test page, but it’s more obvious when the graph is smaller (ie, as it will be on most actual character pages).

For the record, the piece of code that allows text to follow curved paths in SVG is a standard that goes back to at least 2011 (and probably earlier), so Edge not supporting this is absolutely ridiculous. And not only do they not support it (and maybe just… not display the text labels or something), but the browser just outright crashes. But at least I know how to fix it.

2 Likes

@Infilament I found a little typo on Maya’s page. In the Weaknesses description, it says “Maya greatest weakness” rather than “Maya’s greatest weakness”

1 Like

Okay, I implemented the fix across the whole site. Edge browsers should show the text in a way that doesn’t crash it, while all other browsers should be the same as they’ve always been.

To people who were having crash problems (@GalacticGeek etc), do some testing on the normal site now and let me know your results.

What link did you want us to click on specifically? The Raam page, or just any one? Just wondering, as I’ll check it right now on the XB1 Edge App.

Sure, the Raam page works, but any page on the site that used to crash (so… any character page, or characters.html, or anything).

Good to Go! Didn’t crash on Characters.html, Cbreaker pages, nor Raam’s or Kan Ra’s.

Edit: Also good on Combo4 page.

Sucks to suck, Edge, get rekt

(cool, hopefully that makes things work like normal for everyone)

3 Likes

Cool thing too, is that the videos loaded up instantly and I’m scrolling super fast. Whatever you did makes it work awesome.

I’m still going to use Chrome though. Lol.

If the videos loaded instantly, that’s because they were already in your cache. All browsers will do that if you had viewed the page recently.