The Complete Killer Instinct Guide (ki.infil.net) [All post-S3 chars added!]

On the rare instances I boot up my PC nowadays, I’m usually using Mozilla Firefox.

Edge is ok, but I mean as an Xbox App. Wouldn’t it underperform, and may be a more or less an equivalent of a Mobile Browser?

It works largely fine. The only real drawback is not being able to read some flash plugins as well as not being able to copy/paste text…

Ah. I wouldn’t know - I’ve got zero inclination to try and browse the Internet on my X1. :joy:

I have no idea why or how my page is crashing on XB1 Edge (but not desktop Edge)… maybe because the page is long and has 10 videos, which I think is the most of any page on my site?

But I don’t really intend on changing it unless you can get me, like, crash reports or know why it’s crashing.

Does it crash for anyone on mobile?

Works fine on my phone. It’s an iPhone though, so that’s Safari.

Okay, cool, just wanted to make sure the page wasn’t so overloaded that it wouldn’t work on any mobile browser.

I don’t really think the Gargos page is that much worse than several other pages in my guide (like combo4.html and cbreaker.html, which both have tons of video and extra bits)

Works on my phone just fine. And I’m using a Windows Phone!

1 Like

On your faq.html page, in the paragraph for Input Shortcuts, it reads; “So there don’t need to be special shortcuts…”.

The “don’t” should be “doesn’t”.

I am reading this guide so hard. Lol I hope I don’t blow up the bandwidth XD

@Infilament I think I may have found an improvement on Kim Wu’s 1 and 2 meter lockout combos. At the end of the loop after the second auto-double, the light dragon dance can be replaced with a Heavy one, and you’ll still have enough time to use Shadow Dragon Dance.

I think I understand why finishing the Rash page is so hard for you, I mean his only move is a sick looping pelvic thrust and the occasional use of Spencer Tongue. How do you make a page like that?

RAAM’s page is done.

http://ki.infil.net/raam.html

10 Likes

Remember that I said I had an extremely long post about small fixes? I’ll hold onto that until you get all character pages done.

In the meantime, I had some comments about RAAM.

Medium Emergence is a pretty useful tool in zoning that should be mentioned. It’s upper body invulnerable, has a destroy projectile hitbox on it, and recovers pretty quickly. Because of this, RAAM doesn’t have to commit to moving forward while taking on white life, which he does with KDC’s. It also stops projectile-teleport mixups from Fulgore and Spinal.

Also, standing heavy kick might be the best meaty in the game (some hyperbole in there). Look at this hot fiyah:

This setup catches both a jump and a backdash with the same timing, since the button is active for 5 frames and has plenty of range. Since it staggers, there’s no need to commit to Decimation and being minus. On hit, it’s easy to link a HP into a full combo. On block, it’s +1 and leaves you in range for light Dominance, not to mention the frame trap you get from cancelling into heavy Decimation or a KDC.

4 Likes

Here’s the frame data on Medium Emergence:

Startup: 8
Active: 20
Recovery: 21

Advantage on Block: -21
Advantage on Hit: 21

While I agree it’s a useful tool, it definitely doesn’t “recover quickly.”

“recovers quickly enough that when used near fireball range, it will not be readily punished by most characters.”

“recovers quickly” for shorthand

One little note I’d add to the raam counter breaker combos is that if you have instinct then you should pop it. There is no reason not to turn those 50-60% combos into 80-90+% combos.

2 Likes

Yep, just like every new character page before it, Raam’s page will crash my MS Edge app on my XB1 every time without fail, always within seconds. First I’ll lose the ability to navigate around or away from the page, then the app just quits. If I re-open it, it does the exact same thing. After the 3rd attempt and crash, if I reopen the app a 4th time, it just opens up to Bing instead.

You really should try to make your site more app friendly, or vice-versa… :frowning:

Dude, I’m doing my absolute literal best, as a non-web developer, to make my site run on as many things as I physically can.

Some other people have reported to me on twitter that even the desktop version of Edge will crash when trying to view my site. I have no idea what’s causing it. It doesn’t crash for me on Edge when I use it (on my desktop), so I can’t replicate it and see what the problem is. My only advice for now is to use a better browser, like Firefox or Chrome.

Is it just the Raam/Gargos pages that crash? Or literally every character page now? Do the non-character pages crash? That might help me track it down.

5 Likes

He uses the edge browser on the XB1. I’ll try to access it if I have the patience to deal with doing stuff on it.