The Bored at Work Thread!

i tried cranking it at least 3 different weekends. this time i came back with a brand new steel braided hose (4 bucks) and we tried starting it. ■■■■■■■ battery was too low, hooked up jumper cables and bam, the car came to life!

its pretty amazing man, we have a domestic engine, installed properly into a japanese import. it is also going to be turn key once we have everything properly set up. it went from a 5 speed manual, to a 6 speed lol. its going to have power steering, ABS, pretty much everything except A/C. dude, i look forward to the amount of confused faces on the road. “where’s that trans am/vette? i dont see it…wtf that MAZDA is a muscle car???” LOLLL

Wait that engine fits inside the Mazda? Wouldn’t you have to use dexcool radiators and all that american stuff for it to all work? Arent Mazda parts and fluids different than american?

yeah it fits perfectly in my tiny 1993 RX-7 lol, thats what i been installing it into this whole time. i didnt get another american car, i just got the engine and trans from some guy’s garage in san antonio.

i can use whatever radiator i want, there are some specifically made for v8 swapped RX-7s but they’re pricey at 400 bucks. so im gonna use my aluminum one ive had for years. you can mix and match parts lol, my radiator fans arent even going to be from a mazda or a pontiac or a chevy. its gonna be from a NISSAN ALTIMA lol. those things pull massive air, and for 60 bucks? ■■■■ ill take it. better 60 bucks than me blowing another 400 on fans. also something to lol about, one of my friends has a 2nd gen RX-7 using a radiator fan off the mercury villager -_-

edit: fluids are fluids. use what is recommended, youre good to go. im using mystery oil from wal-mart for the engine start up phase. 20w-50 too lol

Yeah i meant fluids for radiators. You cant mix that…but how do you know all these other car parts will fit? What if it doesnt?

we have a nissan altima fan set up already on a friend’s car. im gonna take the measurements, and then apply them to my own radiator. if the fan fits on it perfectly, bam i am good to install. just need to wire them up and off we go! my radiator can and will fit since i have a ton of room towards the nose of the car. if the fans dont fit, well looks like i gotta get those stupid expensive ones that can and will work guaranteed.

radiator fluid i just get coolant from the o’reillys lol, its no big deal. i can even do 50/50 water/coolant mix.

here is what i got to make this beast work as you saw…

1800$ and 800$? Holy sheet dude! Thats a lot of dough for a lot of hard work!

yeah pretty much man, and when i opened up the boxes for all this stuff i was amazed at the quality of the parts. the welds on my headers were insane man, those guys seriously took their time making them. the harness 800 bucks also for a reason, it was all sleeved labeled and literally plug and play. doing a v8 swap harness (the cheaper way) can turn into a nightmare with gremlins draining your battery, starting issues, all kinds of crap. not with this harness! lol

1 Like

Got my final exam results for my HNC Computing exam today and got a B :smile:

2 Likes

Holy CRAP! I woke up this morning to the mother of all leg cramps!!! It was so bad afterwards it just kept on cramping I think just because my leg was hurting so much. I’ve been hobbling around ever since. Good thing I’m not working today.

Later today I’m going to be taking my 4-year-old to go watch his first movie in a theater. We’re going to go watch the Smurfs…that is if I can walk well enough by then. If not we’ll go tomorrow.

All done with classes for the semester! Now I just gotta go in and collect some stuff, arrange a few meetings, and get on with my summer job (as soon as I get the car my grandmama was kind enough to give me).
Will be nice to be able to do stuff/earn cash independently for a change. :grin:

and i am back, what a slow day it is

3 Likes

Welcome back. How was your weekend?

my weekend was good, not very productive since i hit a small dead end atm for my car. i need to order a few things and require guidance on some things to continue forward on it. im not happy with my fuel set up, way it is right now is hazardous so gonna simplify it and make it safer. not much left to do on it, from here on out its gonna be easy shitt after this next step. now…to find out what radiator i wanna go with…

So I just accidentally called my Lecturer the name of my driving instructor, whoops :joy::joy:

Happy Friday everyone.
Maybe there’s someone here who is thinking “I work today. It sucks!”.
To that person… I don’t work today. It’s glorious. :stuck_out_tongue:
Happy Friday!

1 Like

well, today is indeed friday. my sister and i gonna grab a gift for mom, then afterward gonna go home and play the Quake Champions beta. the NDA got lifted so i can finally talk about it. that game is fun as hell and a refreshing change of pace from the slow paced military shooters and overwatch. anyway back to work tomorrow under the brutal sun turning wrenches and what not.

@R1stormrider I think Im done playing Omen for a while. Its time to use a character that actually has a chance against the hard hitters.
Yeah yeah yeah Omens top 5 or 3 or whatever …which is BS, but hey ppl that dont play Omen know better right?
I think its time to use Fulgore, Jago, Mira. or Killgore… or maybe all of them.

Im sick of being hit with a 56% combo for 1 mistake after Ive just hit them with the same length combo 3 times…IM dead, they are alive.

Whomever balances this game…I think they have it out for Omen man. I really do.

I mean Hisako can ■■■■■ COUNTER a Shadow counter?? I mean WTF is that BS? You get punished for making a bad ■■■ read. Makes no sense.

Ughh… so frustrated with this game right now.

In all my days I never seen @FallofSeraphs76 so mad…

You ok buddy?

1 Like

Well. I got back from the Highland Games last night to help with my little sister’s birthday party. The alcohol I had at the games helped ease the experience of dealing with 7 pre teen girls running around
Also, while I was at the games I forgot to put on sunscreen and thus got a wicked sunburn. My face matches my kilt

But most importantly, I just got back from driving down to the half way point between Prescott and Phoenix AZ to meet up with some family because thanks to the generosity of my grandmama, I finally have my own car!

Once my brother comes back from CSU we’ll be starting up a job doing landscaping for the city and finally making some proper cash of our own to get off on the right foot when we finish college!

3 Likes

I spit out my drink…