The Angry Panda Clan (APC)

Okay so, I’ve been the founder of the APC for a few years now, and like every other online community it’s had its ups and downs. As of right now, it’s in a bit of down-turn since we barely have any members currently (we had well over 90+ at our highest point). Because of this, I’m looking to build it back up and recruit some new members - that’s where you come in! :wink:

For starters, the APC is NOT specific to KI nor a clan, but rather an Xbox gaming club - which is why I’m posting about this in the off-topic section (that’s also not the only reason - there are other obvious reasons too). I find that this community is filled with wonderfully friendly people and that to me, is the kind of people I’d like to see in MY community. I know for many of you, KI is not the only game you play, so I was thinking that maybe this would be a good way for us to kind of rekindle the community that we have here, not just in KI, but in other games as well.

Before you make the decision to join or not, I suppose I should tell you a little bit about my club, so you can make a better, more educated decision. First, I’m going to clear the air of what the club is not - we’re not angry gamers; and we’re definitely not a clan. What we are is a growing community of like-minded gamers who share in the values of friendliness, equality, respect, fair play, teamwork, and above all - fun.

To keep things simple (and vastly different from clans) I’m very slack on rules and requirements. For example, as long as you can follow the Xbox Live Code of Conduct and Terms of Use (that means never cheat and don’t act like a douchebag), you’re basically a shoe-in for the club. Heck, I don’t even care if you’re in another clan or are part of another community - you can be in this 1 too (although, how they may feel about that is between you and them)! As long as you can contribute some of your time playing Xbox games online with other club members, then that’s all there really is to it.

Furthermore, there are no actual requirements or try-outs to join, other than a showing of good moral character and maturity while playing online. As a player, you could be the worst player in the world and I wouldn’t care so long as you have a willingness to improve, play online on a regular basis, and know how to pick yourself up again for those times when you do happen to fall down.

You are also not required to attend any officially sanctioned meetings, practices, matches, etc. as there aren’t any. All of that is done by you and other members of the club at your leisure/discretion. If you want to do it, then go ahead! If not, that’s okay too. The idea is that this keeps things simple, so you don’t have to worry about whether or not it fits into your schedule or not - if it’s something you want to do, then you can take the effort of contacting other club members and finding a time that works for you and them.

Unlike clans, I also don’t require you to change your gamertag or even showcase the club in-game (although, if you’re willing, I do appreciate the latter as tags, emblems, logos, and other general in-game representation can go a long way towards recruiting new members).

There is no ranking system either - again to keep things simple, but also fair and equal. Once you’re a member of the club, that’s all you will ever be. I do this because I don’t want rank to separate our members (for example, I don’t want someone who, is say a General, thinking that he/she is better than, say a recruit, simply because he/she is of a higher rank - when their attitude obviously proves otherwise). The idea here is simple - the ONLY thing that will separate you from other members is a) your attitude and b) your skill. The latter is important, but also remember it’s not about winning - it’s about having fun (although winning often does help in that regard - after all, I don’t know many people who actually enjoy losing)!

The club is already represented here in Killer Instinct, Mortal Kombat X, Battlefield 4, Battlefield 1, Call of Duty Advanced Warfare, Call of Duty Black Ops 3, Halo the Master Chief Collection, Halo 5 Guardians, Star Wars Battlefront, Gears of War Ultimate Edition, Minecraft Xbox One Edition, Terraria, Forza Motorsport 5, Forza Motorsport 6, Grand Theft Auto 5, Worms Battlegrounds, Worms WMD, Magic Duels, World of Tanks, and many, many others (including countless Xbox 360 titles). If you happen to own or find a game where we are NOT “officially” represented in some way that the game itself offers, then please let me know and we’ll see about working together to get representation in that particular game going. :wink:

If you have any questions, concerns, comments, etc. then feel free to message me on Xbox Live - my gamertag is “Galactic Geek” similar to on here (but please don’t spam me or send vile messages - those will be dealt with, as appropriate).

Regardless of whether you’d like to be a part of my own online community or not, I hope to see you online! GG, from GG! :smiley:

I might be able to join. Based on those games you listed,I can play with you with KI,Minecraft,Terraria,and maybe I might reinstall Worms Battleground. I don’t use the mic but I can send messages really fast(5-10 sec for a 2 sentence message). Also for the 360,is USIV and UMvC3 part of it?

Hmmm… Sure! I’ll join! But I get few games - Halo 5, KI, MKX, Dishonored, Darksiders 2 Deathinitive Edition and Destiny. But maybe I’ll get Star wars battlefront for christmas! : )

#APC Ostrich

Lol. I don’t play enough to be in a clan. College takes up my life. :frowning:

@Sasuke99I Yes on USFIV, but not UMvC3 (yet).
@TheNinjaOstrich Time is negligible; play when you can. :wink:

@GalacticGeek Sure dude, why not. I got you covered in the Umvc3 area. :smile:

I can also help in the UMvC3. Phoenix Wright,Spidey,Strider,and Dante are my army. Alternate every now and then.

I play all those people… And more :smile:

So wait, the APC is neither A nor C??? :hushed:
Just kidding, I’d like to join your clan. I had to leave the previous one because of the practice and meeting timings. Gamertag is DoobyDude23. I have Halo 5, CoD: AW (Not getting BO3), can reinstall Worms and some other X1 titles, mainly the free ones with GwG. And 360 titles as well, if anyone’s interested. Feel free to add me :smile:
Oh and this is my list of games that I have at least started playing, does not include ones that I have and just didn’t bother starting (like SSX)

I’m still apart of the APC which I joined up a long while ago, so anyone who wants to join up I say go for it as its a chill group. I’ve played @GalacticGeek several times and he is a chill dude! No hassles about loyalty just good ol fashion comradery. Play when you can and don’t stop trying to improve. If you want some matches in FGs like SF UMvC3 or the classic FGs hit me up. I also play Halo so if you want to play Arena or Warzone let me know too! Look forward to those who want join!

[quote=“KevBones100, post:3, topic:2494, full:true”]
Hmmm… Sure! I’ll join! But I get few games - Halo 5, KI, MKX, Dishonored, Darksiders 2 Deathinitive Edition and Destiny. But maybe I’ll get Star wars battlefront for christmas! : )
[/quote]I haven’t had many friends to play with in Halo 5 lately, and am looking for someone to support me there, if you’re interested. :wink:

Do that, and I’d be more than happy to support you in Battlefront when you pick it up. :slight_smile:

Also, I’m going to need some help with the DLC of Destiny, so if anyone’s up for that too, that’d be great. :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: Um, I couldn’t find your gamertag - how different is it from here?

Well… my real gamertag is KevBones10

And my big brother will take my Halo 5. So, I’ll don’t play Halo 5 anymore.

No Halo 5? Darn! Why is your big brother taking it? Did you not like it or something? Or is he just being mean?

Because he buy halo 5 for me.[quote=“GalacticGeek, post:13, topic:2494”]
Did you not like it or something?
[/quote]
Be honestly, Halo 3 and Halo reach is my favorite halo series but Halo 5… Halo 5 is very disappoints.
Hey, don’t worry about that! I’ll buy star wars battlefront or Fallout 4! :smile:

Well, F4 is single-player, so that’s a no-go (but we could certainly talk about it ;)). I loved both Halo 3 AND Reach and think that H5 is the penultimate version of Halo thus far with all of the new gameplay mechanics that they’re (finally) bringing in from other games. What’s not to like? Seriously - I’d like to know; why does it disappoint you?

In any case, play a few rounds with me before giving it up to your brother and I think I might be able to cahnge your mind. :slight_smile:

I know but that game look really awesome. It’s skyrim with guns! Lol

Hard to explain. I’m sorry bro

hmm… I’ll play with you Halo 5 and KI too! But I want challenging your Aganos!

F4 IS an awesome game; I’ve played it. :wink:

If you’re up for it, I should be available around 12 pm PST tomorrow. :smiley:

1 Like

Reviving this thread for anyone who might be interested, just 'cause.

If enough people get involved, I’ll likely bring back the ol’ site I used to run as a hub for the clan’s members. :wink:

Ah, clans. I used to be apart of a clan for the better part of Gears of War 2. Good times, although it was very frustrating because of how competitive it became. Still, why is APC a clan if it is aimed to be like a family or rather a gaming community where people come together?

I would have expected a Gaming Guild because of you know the GG abbreviation, I guess that’s just me; but APC strikes me as an actual clan opposed to what you describe as a good time with a organized community.

The name stems from a brainstorming session with a friend a long time ago. He suggested sports names, and animals came to mind since a lot of sports names had animal names. Then I came up with the idea to put a stereotype on its head, and I happened to like pandas. Since pandas are largely considered gentle or peaceful, I asked the question, “what does an angry panda look like?” The name stuck after that and the clan aspect of the name was added shortly thereafter because that’s what we wanted in the 1st place, and it helped round out things for a tag (it was also nice that we were playing a lot of military shooters at the time and APC has a special meaning of its own in this case, since it also stands for armored ersonel carrier). The actual concept of how the group was to be run all came after the naming convention…

Of course, we could always change it - I’m open to new ideas. For example, we could just call it the Angry Panda Club and still keep the tag. :wink: