The almost impossible

Someone’s jealous they don’t have a pro star…
Also, for someone that says we should be encouraging towards lower skilled players i find it odd that you’d try to bring vlad down simply because he beat someone he hasn’t been able to before.

11 Likes

I’m not trying to bring him down at all. I’ve already said that I’m happy that he’s happy. I’m just looking at things realistically.[quote=“Dayv0, post:21, topic:15148”]
This is no place to talk about what you do instead of playing all day, and you have no evidence to belive about anyone doing it and wasting his life(or not).
[/quote]

I’m not saying he’s wasting his life - I’m only saying that he’s not getting anything out of it other than personal satisfaction.

And whats wrong with that?

Absolutely nothing at all - at least until you’re doing it 24/7 and accomplishing nothing else with your life. I’m happy for Vlad, I am. What the other guy did was an accomplishment, no doubt, but for nothing more than virtual stars and bragging rights? Please… There’s such a thing as going too far, IMO. Do I want a pro star? Of course I do! But once I have it, that’s all I need, because once I have 1 it proves that I have the potential to do it again. Actually doing it again serves to only give you what that guy has - to be the best at ranked. But is he the best player at KI? Not necessarily. He’s not the best in exhibition, at Shadow Lords, at tournaments, etc. The reward is basically not worth the amount of sacrifice it takes to get there.

To me, too. That guy has like, 17 pro medals, right?

Yes but why do you need to do that? You could have just left the thread without posting if you didn’t think his accomplishment was that big of deal. But posting stuff like “he might have let you win” or “he was simply going easy on you” is totally unnecessary.

6 Likes

Anyone with the right amount of luck and preparation can make Superman bleed. Batman has proven that.

Thats your opinion. But maybe it’s not an effort to the people who tries to get them. I mean, yesterday I won someone in ranked and got 500 points. It’s easier to grind if you can defeat properly anyone.

Videogames are a way to have fun. Don’t determinate what’s worth for the rest, because everyone has the right to enjoy at their way the game.

3 Likes

It seems totally possible that mastery of a fighting game builds cognitive skill that’s useful elsewhere. It seems to me mastery of any activity is valuable. Not to mention, we don’t know anything about ITA MASTER. Guy could be anything. Guy might not even be a guy.

Besides, Vlad beat a guy who is always in the top 32 KI players in the world. That’s pretty damned awesome.

3 Likes

I think it is necessary. People talk about giving praise where it’s unnecessary all of the time (giving trophies for mediocrity and all that). I simply believe this is 1 of those times.

Sure, he can post about his victory, but what is he expecting to get out of it? More praise? Why? Isn’t his own personal satisfaction enough? Since he’s posting about it, my guess would be that it’s not. He wants more.

I know this because I’ve been there. I post about my in-game successes all of the time and what do I get for it? Well, I’ll tell you 1 thing - it’s certainly not praise, that’s for sure.

@VladKravich Just don’t let it go to your head, buddy. That’s all I’m sayin’. Remain humble. There’s a fine line you can cross - I’ve been there, and trust me, it’s not a nice place to be in. :wink:

Yeah, but when does anyone ever get time to prepare for their opponent in ranked? (rhetorical question)

I see some contradiction here.

12 Likes

Because it’s a game, all of the time in the world.

Is going up against Superman really worth it in the end though? I’d say that it’s not, and not just because the odds would be stacked against me either. I’d rather live a peaceful life with a good career and family and die old and frail after living a long life, rather than take my chances with a demigod just to make him bleed and/or risk a lifetime of jail or an early death.

As I said, the reward doesn’t outweigh the risks. Getting those stars is 1 thing, but it’s not worth the cost of what he’s potentially sacrificing (in his real life) to get them, IMO.

WTF? Dude, you need to stop. Vlad just came here for a pat on the back for a job well done, & you’re turning this into another all about Geek thread. Seriously, let him have his day in the sun.

8 Likes
3 Likes

The things you find necessary to post are what gets you in so many arguments and gets so many of your posts flagged, man. You complain a lot that people here have some kind of grudge against you because so much of your ■■■■ gets flagged but have you ever actually stopped to think that maybe, just maybe, you shouldn’t be posting what you’re posting?

4 Likes

What I would like to know is if Vlad could do it again. Unless it’s repeatable, then it can boil down to just being pure luck.

…and with that, I’ve ended my own argument by defeating it, so I’m going to respectfully bow out of this conversation…

Well…that went well. :neutral_face:

Congrats Vlad! :thumbsup:

5 Likes

Good for you Vlad. :slight_smile:

1 Like

And from that time he was known as Vlad the Impaler.

Excellent job!

I remember when I beat Emperor Enzo’s Rash. It was like having a birthday and getting younger.

Great job and don’t mind the hate messages.

You should get a gold star just for beating Masters… :smiley:

2 Likes