Textual breakdown of 8/17 stream

Tell me more, I cant watch the stream for the momment

They explained that part of the reason they opted not to do as much voiced character dialogue is that there are so many characters that don’t speak an intelligible dialect (Wulf, Glacius, Spinal, Fulgore, and Riptor particularly). They gave an example of a conversation between Glacius and Riptor
"One of them goes ‘Screeweeepblargh’ and the other goes ‘Rararawr’"

5 Likes

Yeh, in that respect, I can understand. Though as a counterargument, you could even say that tonality/the style of the grunts/squeaks/whatever could be used as an implication of what’s being said (possibly).

What I’m saying is characters that have comprehensible dialects (Tusk, Kim, Eyedol, to name but 3) should be able to have their lines spoken. I was particularly bemused by Gargos speaking fully voiced then Jago’s answer being taken over by the narrator, but it is what it is I guess.

1 Like

Excellent and awesome textual breakdown of AND on the Shadow Lords Story Mode live gameplay stream :smile: :grin:

2 Likes

the level of the fighter and his combat challenges (220 for each fighter) will have influence on its skills in SL? Would be very interesting, to improve the capacity of a single fighter, you must have 220 challenges, for 220 challenges have to explore all the possibilities of the game 

and about of Shadow points?..

1 Like

Thanks for posting this! I watched the majority of the stream but missed a couple of key points. Honestly I can’t wait for shadow lords. So happy with how it’s turning out.

1 Like

No one asked about new hairstyles/ costumes?

‘Skins’ are smoke and green color only?

Did anyone ask about the uktimate source figures?

thanks for compiling this!

1 Like

I don’t know if nobody asked about costumes but those questions weren’t answered on stream. The mimic skins are just green with smoke effects but there are other skins to unlock as well. Nothing was answered about the figures either. Oh and no problem, I got bored. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

So if Shadow Lords is taking the place of shadow labs on the menu does that mean shadow labs will no longer be accessible? I’m just confused about what I read.

Shadow Lords will appear on the main menu with Singleplayer, Multiplayer and Store.

Shadow Labs has been moved to the Singleplayer menu.

1 Like

Ah, thanks man! This mode sounds pretty cool & I guess I better get ready for more Jago’s online :octopus:

Beam’s interface is really poor. They are missing a lot of really basic functions (such as resizing the player window, ffs). Also, if your internet isn’t stable enough to watch 1080p 60fps when streamed from mid-tier CDN servers (ie, not from the Youtube/Google hivemind), then don’t even try clicking the archive link. I got about 10 seconds of video buffered in a minute, then the website seemed to crash on me. There is no option to watch at lower resolution than what it was streamed at.

Anyway, thanks for the recap. Cool to see they got the Kan-Ra/Gargos voiceover dude back to record some lines. Let’s hope they used that time to get him to record a Kan-Ra announcer voice too. I’m holding onto the thinnest of hopes that they’ll do more announcer packs, and this super basic “let’s take the most iconic character voice in our game and do that” seems like SOME starting point they could have done, especially if he was back in their studio recording stuff.

I like that they’re considering more colors/costumes. I will reserve judgment until I see what exactly they did, but I’m very glad they’re thinking about it, and I hope they blow the doors wide open on this one.

6 Likes

@developers yeah, this seems confusing. Any chance you guys could go into a little more detail?

Think about how I feel after reading that. I’m going in with Glacius and Cinder. XD

Hmm, I wonder how they’ll give out the rewards like the mimic skins and such.

I do hope they make the Astral Plane stage a normal difficulty reward, it looks nice but I am shait at playing against AI. xD

1 Like

Thanks for the bullet points I really appreciate not having to watch a long stream of spoiling gameplay.

2 Likes

Question:

• Shadow Lords displaced ‘Shadow Lab’ in the menus
 So what does that mean for Shadow Lab?
  • Nobody asked about Shadows in Shadow Lords?
  • Do you only amass “Astral Gems” in the Shadow Lords mode? Or can you get them in vs. and/or the Shadow Lab.

@rukizzel @TempusChaoti

1 Like

Thank you for confirming! There was a line with a “break” in the voice on Gargos trailer that sounded like Kanra. Bringing Gargos and Kan-ra close together.

Please YES!

1 Like

Yeah I was wondering about that too. What happens to shadows? It seemed like a perfect way to challenge players.

Hey everyone!

I’ll be playing Shadow Lords in about 1 hour on Challenging Difficulty if you’d like to tune in!

Here - https://www.twitch.tv/killerinstinct

6 Likes