Terror pack?

Massively I’d imagine… so in my opinion I’d say don’t do as much but what you do should be amazing! instead it seems that we are paying for colour ways when Blizzard are giving costume away free.

Yes this! Exactly this.

I did make a post on a different thread a while back when I first found out that these skins would not be purchasable with KI gold, saying similar things to this and how it completely devalued the in game currency and how it has become worthless, as you can only purchase things that you can already unlock in game.
Whats the point of KI gold now??/ Also you can actually exchange real money for this KI gold which they are now saying has a lot less value which to me is wrong.

I have bought the terror pack because of a character I play is in it and I will buy one more pack for my other main but very begrudgingly. Now if I could buy them with KI gold I would buy them all then go back and buy more KI gold and keep doing it until I have all content when they release it. I feel that they are shooting themselves in the foot a little. People spend KI gold faster and looser when they have it more so than real money, then when something else that comes out that they want to restock, repeat. Ending up spending more in the long run…Is that not the free to play business model???

I don’t mind characters being a separate thing locked behind a real money pay wall but totally disagree with skins.

I think it would be less annoying if they had already released lots of skins/accessories that the ki gold could be used on - to have the only new skins/colours to be released since the KI gold was given out to be behind an additional paywall is infuriating.

The problem with comparing to overwatch is, that game’s microtransactions are designed in a way to get whales to dump hundreds of dollars into it to unlock what they want. It’s always going to be profitable for them to release a bunch of skins at once for an event because the unlocks are randomized, and people will buy dozens of crates at once to ensure they unlock all the event skins before they go away. Also, the sheer number of fluff items like sprays, voice lines, and player icons means that unlocking skins through progression is painfully, dreadfully slow.

I agree that these KI skins are overpriced and it sucks that people can’t use their gold to buy them, but I’ll take that over the way overwatch does it any day. It’d be bad enough in a free to play game, but I spent 40 dollars on that game just as the price of entry.

The red was a nice touch. I was also hoping that all the riptors would have a unique claw plasma color.

So they basically went around this legally by calling colors skins. That’s why you can’t buy the terror skin pack with KI Gold, it’s technically not a color since they labeled it a skin even though it’s plainly obvious just recolors.

1 Like

Pretty much. We asked for costumes, they went off the word “skins” instead, then literally gave us alternate skin colors. Thunder is the only character in-game to have a legitimate 3rd alternate costume. It looks nice, but what about the people who don’t use Thunder? Will our characters ever receive one? Why is Shadow Jago the only character without accessories? There are so many questions.

I will say these Terror Skins are pretty bad, and clearly just recolors of other skins. Not NEW at all… Try harder :slight_smile:

a recolor of THE highest rank color set in the game which usually includes texture changes. thats more than “just” a recolor

Uhm, actually not.
Thats really just a recolor of skins already included. Color 9 were originally set to be unlocked only by playing a lot with a character, that’s why they are not purchasable…until now.
I’m not saying they’re bad or worse than originals, but they are what they are: plain recolors with a small change on Mira face texture (around mouth and eyes) priced too high.

1 Like

Still just a recolor of something that already exists. lol

Has there been any news about terror skins? Oh btw…

https://forums.ultra-combo.com/uploads/default/original/3X/0/d/0d9f98cc8bb1efc2e17227f5b0b5e95bb70c815d.JPG

This one is really cool.

I’m getting the feeling that the terror pack was a standalone thing, though I kind of expected more gold skins by now.

1 Like

That sucks if it’s true.

Yeah I’m wondering what happened to skin packs, period. They did a bunch in December and we haven’t heard anything since.