TELL THE DEVS: what would you like IG to consider to change about Kim Wu?

I want Kim Wu’s parry to go through armor like Heavies do. It’s stupid how I’m not allowed to parry Rash’s wrecking ball properly because it has armor.

Yes. You can’t parry unblockable attacks (Hisako is the same way).

It being a projectile only matters because of projectile invincibility, which is not parry.

EDIT - :frowning:

you actually can parry his unblockable, ive done it many times it is my main source of getting dragons

Dang, so you can.

I almost always fact check before I post on these forums, but figured a) somebody wouldn’t possibly complain about this if it wasn’t true and b) Hisako was the same way, so it seemed like a safe bet.

That’s cool, though, I’ll just never take anybody’s word on anything ever again.

3 Likes

You can parry pretty much anything, except for something like Jago’s Shadow Endokuken, or any Multi-hiting Projectile, like Maya’s Daggers. (First Hit you get a dragon, Second hit lands)

Only thing that sucks is the armor parries. So Parrying Rash’s Wrecking Ball, or Glacius’s Armored Cold Shoulder can leave you at a disadvantage sometimes. Especially Rash. :frog:

1 Like

This one is just visual.

You guys know that Killer Instinct is the best fighting game, spectator wise, for sure!

Kim-Wu has an ender in this iteration of Killer Instinct, that she flips way back and leaves the opponent standing, I think it is to regenerate a dragon or something?

Well it is very lacklustre, it doesn’t look like an ender, and it leaves the opponent standing. If I remember correclty.

Spectators always ask if she dropped the combo.

1 Like

Turn her into Eyedol.

Really though I think she’s mostly fine, just make it so her dragons aren’t fixed to her but instead move independent like Spinal’s skulls.

1. Improve her Jab punch range and light kick range.(edit Improve range on all crouching normal kicks as well. Especially trip)

2. Give her some sort of reversal on wake-up (FK-dragon kick good candiate?).

3. Increase fire-cracker hit-box range horizontally.

4. Slightly faster walking speed.

5. Tweak damage ender so she doesn’t end-up in the corner as much ( A weakness pointed out by LCD)

6. Let her get ender levels easier (edit:scratch this one I just realized I was using lots of light attacks)

7. Let Dragon-gain ender “do/do more” damage ( moderate amount, just more than it does now). She only gets one dragon and it doesn’t seem that much of a gain or that over powered to warrant small damage cash out to me.

8. Don’t ask me how they would implement it, but I would kill for her to have a vortex.

“That’s all she wrote.”

Edit: being Greedy: Let Dragon Gain ender give dragons based on ender level
For Ender Level >= 2
Number of dragons = (Ender level - 1)

For Ender level < 2
Number of Dragons = 1

1 Like

More like This?

And less like Bruce?

Lol. Yeah, first time I parried a shatter I was kinda like “huh”.

And then I proceeded to simply eat shatters and dragon kick any attempt to generate hail :joy:

Poor guy never did figure out that maybe cold shoulder and lance were better options…

Damage on fire cracker Ender is a bit low. I was thinking something I think it is just an idea. If they don’t want to give you a dragon for every pip you have in a combo how about 2 dragons 3 or 4 pips? I don’t know enough about her to make that call but it’s just a suggestion.

1 Like

I was thinking the same thing. Dragons are extremely strong fo her though.

That rate of the instinct dragons is insane & way too slow

1 Like

I say everything that is listed, she really needs a hard look and review. There is a lot of things that feel and look off about Kim Wu from her movements, attacks, openers, enders, hitboxes etc. I would love so much for IG to take a hard look at the issues she has because there are many and get some fixing. They changed Fulgore like 5-6 times when he barely needed any adjustments so you can’t tell me Kim Wu is perfect as is. She is the furthest from it and needs an overhaul

1 Like

I think that we, as the “Kim Wu Tang Clan”, should really push for:

1. Dragon ender to give dragons based on ender level.

2. Extension on range of “lights” and “Crouching roundhouse”.

3. Dragons to recover faster in instinct mode.

Either way what ever we go with we are really gonna have to show our support if we want our girl to shine. POST!!! PEOPLE POST!!!

I’d honestly like to know if they specifically designed her around this. If she decides to whiff punish something with a dragon kick she instantly puts herself into the corner. Same with damage ender, she flys herself all the way to the corner. It’s weird because shes a character about controlling space and playing the neutral yet she is technically getting punished for playing how shes suppose to play. You could argue that in any fighting game with any character being in the corner is a bad thing, but in her situation she doesn’t really have great defensive options while also lacking a decent SC (3.1) so it kind of sucks even more for her.

Maybe this weakness is intended as a trade off due to her potential damage output but a more concrete answer from the devs would help clear the air on this.

2 Likes

If she didn’t always take 15 minutes to turn around after flying to the corner as well. I can’t believe anyone thinks that turn around after she flies to a corner is realistic compared to say orchid or Sadira or Maya.

In multiplayer/ solo replays or in my shadow log and archives of many other Kim players-

After said action, lots of follow ups, and more hilarious, taunts, are performed while the other character is behind her- whyyyy.
As a tiny character that doesn’t make sense. Even Aganos resets faster than Kim

I’d understand better if her recovery involved her gathering her nunchaku in a stance but just sitting facing the wall of the direction she confirmed a damage ender or a dragon kick is offensive

I.e. Perform a blockade runner while the opponent jumps over orchid. Watch how quickly orchid faces the opponent.

Perform Maya’s kookaburra DP (lol)
Perform Sadira’s Spin Blade
Perform Hisakos Naginata Hack

Now perform Kim’s LK dragon kick. whoaaa

It’s simple to see, look at season 1 and 2 characters, then look at Kim Wu and tell me they worked on her a lot? She is so static, even her Vs screen animation looks awkward and characters that were designed years ago have better looks, textures and movements. Even her move sets and combinations, openers and enders feel odd and unnatural. Don’t get me started on those eternal glowing Nunchakus, I think her nunchucku thinks its Cinder.

Campaign to fire shadow firecracker from SC duty. It looks fundamentally flawed for that purpose and needs to be swapped out. Either split kick or a new shadow forward kick, ki2 style

1 Like

Thanks for quoting me LCD. I feel that your voice probably would have the most weight with the developers, so could you please try to push with them this thread and the points we have made. If you can take the requests that make the most sense (especially getting dragons based on ender level/more ways to get dragons) I think that all our dreams could come true. Just some food for thought. TY.