Teleports/ex cyber dash

They already reduced his damage in the past. The fact that everyone else got more tools and less damage in S3 doesnt justify him getting another damage nerf just because. Ill use my age old argument here. Fulgore on defense sucks, he gains no meter on block or while getting hit, everyone else does. So by default his offense should be better in that regard. Playing any other character you’re free to shadow counter because you can earn more meter blocking. If I’m at mid or slow spin, it’s gonna be 20 seconds before I can shadow counter waiting for pips.

@STORM179 When you jump you jump to jump, even if he hits you, you take 1 hit for a knockdown that you can rise from faster than he can get a setup, eat a small hit to avoid higher damage. If he thinks teleport makes you jump, then dont jump and meaty his port. Your mind games are there just as much as his.

I’m sorry but I need to put in my counter argument here: someone with a 3 frame startup, invulnerable meterless DP is not poor on defence.

As a note, no character with an invincible DP has defense that “sucks”. Fulgore is hurt by his general inability to shadow counter, but his defense is not terrible.

On the jumping thing, I’ll always take a you guess/I guess scenario if I’m the one with the initiative. I play Hisako - literally just about everything I do is a situation where my opponent has an option that will beat mine clean. I still rarely lose with her though, because each of those gambits is largely done within a space that I dictate, i.e. I’m always acting in a position of initiative.

Having the leeway to decide exactly when you are going to go in, with few options for recourse by the opponent, is incredibly strong, and is why you see people complaining about Fulgore’s teleports. He can literally sit on the right edge of the screen, spamming fireballs and right teleports, and only get close to you at the moment of his choosing. It’s not ridiculously OP and it’s not unstoppable, but you’re dreaming if you think that isn’t a powerful position to be in.

Don’t forget to mention that landing the heavy version of said dp gives him max spin speed so yeah, no way he sucks on defense.

I get the whole he has a DP but, that in itself is a gamble. Its a full punish if it doesn’t land. So lacking spin speed for shadow counters and having to gamble to get out is kinda sucky defense. But yes, if the dp lands, hes out. Fulgore’s teleports don’t move him away very fast say in the case of Hisako she can cover more than his teleport distance with her wall jump avoiding any of his zoning potential and stop her momentum with air ryo to stay out of DP range. The biggest thing Fulgore has against her is projectile openers. She can avoid his zoning pretty easy. But thats her, other characters it’s different but the only characters that I know for sure really struggle against Fulgore are Tusk, Kan-Ra, Aganos and Thunder. S3 Thunder I think fairs better but everyone else can close the gap or get around Fulgore’s teleports pretty easy.

The fact that Jago’s invincible DP is punishable does not mean Jago has poor defense. That’s all I’m going to say about that.

Sidestepping the issue of Hisako being able to avoid Fulgore’s zoning (she can to a certain extent), this is wrong. Fulgore’s teleports are slow, but they cover more space quicker that Hisako’s wall jumps. More importantly, they are telegraphed to all hell when she does it. If Hisako wall jumps at you, she’s bouncing off the back wall first and then flying at you, full stop. She might change or arrest her jump arc with an air-ORZ, but we’re talking a back jump (to get to the wall), forward jump off the wall, and then a move with at best 15 frames of start-up to change her jump arc. That’s a lot easier to reliably react to than teleport->fireball->teleport->teleport [haha now I’m close to you]->throw. Particularly since Fulgore’s going invisible with each teleport.

Again, I’m not arguing that teleport shenanigans are unbeatable, or that characters can’t get around his zoning. But you are acting as if it is somehow not a really strong tool. It really is, though, because Fulgore is difficult to see while he’s doing it, and he has carte blanche on when to go in and present himself for a punish.

Bonus tip - Hisako’s wall-jump counts as an air action, and she can be trip guarded (sorry Infil!) upon landing. If Hisako wall jumps at you and can’t physically reach you, just charge up a cyber dash and hit her whenever she lands. She can’t block it if you time it right

when i do teleport shenanigans, people who are caught on to my ploy are able to consistently counter it by jumping forward with an attack, or neutral jumping, or just grabbing me, or mashing jab. if i am doing teleport > DP i just cut off half their options. they cant poke me, they cant grab me. it becomes a guessing game on whether to jump or to not jump and just block > punish.

where the strength comes back to haunt them is me baiting these counter measures. instead of always goin behind, i might go in front, they just jumped into my DP, they just whiffed a grab, or an attack. usually when they whiff, ill pip cancel into another teleport then open them up for fireball set ups and then i begin my vortex. his teleport game is quite strong, but it is weak against players who are savvy to it after they catch on to your patterns.

i find that not making any patterns and just straight up going into the footsies game will allow me to go back into teleports once i have them flustered enough. it works wonders how you can get an opponent’s temper flaring, or down right make them feel hopeless once you have full pips and you’re dashing all over the place baiting, causing whiffs, or just going in for a grab after a dash in they dont expect lol.

the key to teleport shenanigans imo, i dont know how you high level dudes feel about this, is to get that opponent knocked down. if they’re standing, and theyre wise to you, teleporting can cost you the match if they get the right reads. they’re no longer really guessing, they’re expecting. knocking them down puts them back to guessing. thats just my thought overall

Teleporting is never safe without projectile pressure and you cannot pip cancel a teleport or a blocked blade dash. They can negate a lot of his damage jumping right before they are hit and quick rise before he can setup again. There are a lot of flaws in Fulgores teleport shenanigans and I have labbed them so I know them but Im not going to intentionally weaken my character because I labbed how to beat my main. That’s on everyone to lab matchups. Run sets, watch tourneys, there ate plenty of resources around.

that explains why i get grabbed sometimes, good clarification. i fought a teleport spamming fulgore yesterday, it didnt quite work out for him lol