Tekken gave me an idea... How about infinite stage?

I wouldn’t mind it if every character would get an additional ender dubbed “wall-break” which would essentially do minimal damage in favor of transitioning the stage. It would be more like Injustice opposed to Tekken as it would still be fair to characters that utilize corner pressure and wall splats.

If infinite stages existed, they wouldn’t have even made Shinsako with the tools she has in the first place.

But yes, assuming an infinite stage was plunked down into KI and made legal, and the rest of the game unchanged, you would be forced to ban her, no question. Get a life lead by making your opponent block a fireball for chip, you’ve already won against over half the cast. You would need a full screen move (Gargos punch, Kan-Ra spike) or a teleport to have any chance at all.

I hope that we don’t have to ban characters due to stages @Infilament. I was thinking of trying her (since I bought her), and I don’t want this to show up, along with a ban.

Well, they aren’t making an infinite stage, so there’s no problem.

(Although I do think current Shinsako runaway is way, way, way too good and actually miiiiight be ban-worthy in the long term, so we’ll see if the team addresses it. It puts some legit 9-1 or worse matchups in the game imo)

Until I hear word on that I’ma respectfully stick to RAAM and Gargos.

What would be said 9-1’s?

Shinsako vs any character that can’t punish something about 3/4 of a screen away in 20 frames (so, like, Raam for instance and probably also characters like Orchid, Sadira, Jago). Shinsako has unbelievably powerful runaway and I think many characters will never catch her if you play her in that ultra, ultra lame style. It’s not something I think many people are doing, though, just because it is so incredibly boring and not fun. If you were playing vs. a Raam in grand finals of Evo, though, I would totally do it.

Um, question, do you think you can update your guide on ki.net? Y’know, to add Kilgore and Shinsako data, and also to maybe put in MU info?

Too much work for me at this time, I’m afraid. I’ve gone over specifics in other threads so I won’t derail this further, but I think unless I receive a little bit of financial help, I won’t be able to write character pages for the last 3 characters.

I do plan to update my site with the next patch, though, since that (hopefully) won’t require a ton of work.

Oh ok den. Take your time. I only asked cos I find those pages really helpful.

Wouldn’t Aganos have an massive advantage against her though? Him being the only character to create walls forces S.Sako to come to him where he has an advantage. Seems like Aganos would be a top tier contender for this hypothetical stage.

Aganos would no longer be ■■■-tier thanks to this one stage? I could dig it for that reason alone.